Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

GGS to ChopperByrne, never faught an Irish El Feurte before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

Ggssssblurgh.....

GGS To Araforn last night, pretty even match's against your Adon, not so much with your Chun but I fared a lot better against her then I did in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

GGs ranked you unlovable dickhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭spacenugget

Ggs to Ramza who decided the best thing for a Friday night is to completly dominate me 10-0

I think what confidence I had is internally bleeding and my ego has been pronounced dead at the scene :(

GGs.

ps: Yun is a bastard :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs man!

GGS to Jun_DP101, 9-1 to you, some uber chokes on my behalf :o.

GGs to Jun earlier, a good set that turned into a ft10 :) very solid stuff

btw jun mind if i upload some games? it was a serious set, up to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Ramza wrote: »
    GGs to Jun earlier, a good set that turned into a ft10 :) very solid stuff

btw jun mind if i upload some games? it was a serious set, up to you :)

ggs ramza, you played rly well. Yh you can upload them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GGS to Fergus last night. My first proper set with a boardsie in an age!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FutureGuy wrote: »

I believe Fergus blew off a set with Chunkis to play you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Yeah ggs, that dash U2 was amazing, was trying it in training and couldn't get it at all

Very GGs to Ladnopoka last night, my first proper set of 2012. Got bodied! Very solid cody, cody is even scarier now! Still working through the Yang nerfs though :/

GGs to Misty last night. Nice solid 20-match set. My new router seems to have fixed many of the connection issues I was having before.

GGs to Doom, DeeJay vs DeeJay is the most God-awful macth up for me. I much prefer playing your Guile or Sagat as at least I can vortex them proplerly. Really REALLY annoyed I lost the final match*.

*(Really annoyed I lost most of the mirror matches too)

I think I'm the only person using this thread. Exit stage left.

GGs to Doom, DeeJay vs DeeJay is the most God-awful macth up for me. I much prefer playing your Guile or Sagat as at least I can vortex them proplerly. Really REALLY annoyed I lost the final match*.

*(Really annoyed I lost most of the mirror matches too)

I think I'm the only person using this thread. Exit stage left.

Yeah GGs :) The Deejay games basically came down to who got bored first losing.

Note: If I back throw you with Guile then do a backfist you're about to be safejumped, upkicks is a bad option in that situation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Note: If I back throw you with Guile then do a backfist you're about to be safejumped, upkicks is a bad option in that situation :)

Ah yeh, but you've got to start the process within 1 frame so I'll mash out the DP - statistically, I'll will. ;)

Oh and GGs. 6-5 I believe it was in one of our shorter sessions!

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Ah yeh, but you've got to start the process within 1 frame so I'll mash out the DP - statistically, I'll will. ;)

Oh and GGs. 6-5 I believe it was in one of our shorter sessions!

Not really, as I am capable of 1 frame links and will only get better at the psuedo safe jump whereas mashing harder won't increase the speed of an SRK :D the stats will eventually swing to the point it isn't risking the DP.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I wouldn't bother trying to safe jump any reversal that requires you to be frame perfect. Its too difficult to do consistently and I don't think whiffing normals is a precise enough method for creating a set up.

Unless your character has an auto set up like Ryu from sweep, I'd stick to just safe jumping characters with reversals that start up in 5 frames or more.

Azza wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother trying to safe jump any reversal that requires you to be frame perfect. Its too difficult to do consistently and I don't think whiffing normals is a precise enough method for creating a set up.

Unless your character has an auto set up like Ryu from sweep, I'd stick to just safe jumping characters with reversals that start up in 5 frames or more.

Maybe, but being the one on the receiving end for so long it gave me immense satisfaction last night to see endless Akuma DPs and Deejay upkicks sail into the air :D

Learning to safejump has also made me much more aware of others attempts to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

auto set up like Ryu from sweep

as shameful as it is, I don't know this one. What is it?

Hold up forward after landing a sweep with any air attack (J.HK probably best) and you will auto safe jump (a. )anyone with a reversal slower than 3 frames (b.) normal wake up speed.

Will safe jump Guiles Flash Kick and Dee Jays Ex.Up Kicks for instance.

There is no timing involved as its simply holding up forward after landing a sweep.

Won't work on Akuma, Ryu, Evil Ryu, Oni or Ken. AS they have 3 frame reversals.

Cammy, Sagat, Blanka, Adon and possibly Gief and Hawk have different wake up speeds so it may not work on them either.

Everyone else it should work on.

Will safe jump Guiles Flash Kick and Dee Jays Ex.Up Kicks for instance.

Hmm, I wonder who was in your mind when you wrote that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Won't work on abel if you do the auto one and he has bar as he can ex tornado throw. You just delay it slightly I think vs him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I've been working on safe-jumping DP mashing training dummies with Deejay's forward throw -> cr.mp -> j.mk, seems to work fine on characters without 3 frame reversals.

Against the 3 framers, only thing I've been able to figure out online is to undershoot with a raw kneeshot and hope they go for a wild DP.

Sometimes they do.

Against the 3 framers, only thing I've been able to figure out online is to undershoot with a raw kneeshot and hope they go for a wild DP.

Sometimes they do.

Short of psuedo safe jumping, which only a couple of characters have a decent one, you can't safe jump a character with a 3 frame reversal. You can only bait them by landing in front of them (which, obviously, you've been doing).

Unless I am wrong again, which I am always happy to be :)

Yeah you can't safe jump EX command grabs with the exception of Honda as his EX command grab has no invincibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You can probably safe-jump Adon, as his (barely) faster wakeup is likely negated by his 5f DP.

GGS to bourkenator in ranked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

GG to DarkTalant in Trinity. 60 something game set with a busted DarkStick, and now I can air throw with some intelligence. Still getting air thrown with a lot more cleverness though :P

Advertisement