Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

As Winter approaches, the time has come to get into some heat food. I made cheesy chilli nachos today. Decent steak mince. Loads of chilli powder, scotch bonnet chilli, onions, red pepper, chopped tomatoes and red kidney beans.

Nachos in the bowl. Mozzarella on top. Dump the chilli over it and then more cheese on top of that. Melt it under the grill.

IMG-20201014-162834.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Grandeeod wrote: »
    As Winter approaches, the time has come to get into some heat food. I made cheesy chilli nachos today. Decent steak mince. Loads of chilli powder, scotch bonnet chilli, onions, red pepper, chopped tomatoes and red kidney beans.

Nachos in the bowl. Mozzarella on top. Dump the chilli over it and then more cheese on top of that. Melt it under the grill.

IMG-20201014-162834.jpg

That looks gorgeous.

Zanablue wrote: »
    That looks gorgeous.

Its a great dish. Love it.

Up very early today for the get ready for school routine. At 6.15am (way ahead of the game) I had two mini Chocolate chip muffins with some OJ.

Brunch was sausages and chips with wholewheat brown bread. Dinner for Mrs G was some more cheesy chilli nachos again as she loves it. A couple of portions gone into the freezer too. Ms G had a chicken fillet, mash and gravy cooked from scratch. The leftover mash will hang on my dinner plate with mushy peas and a sirloin cooked later. Gravy too.

Having a cold beer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ablelocks

lamb shanks from Aldi - haven't had them before, heard they were lovely. Potatoe gratin, broccoli and crusty bread with a nice bottle of red wine.

edit: mmm, tasty. although noble locks didn't really like hers. she's fussy, i get leftover lamb shank for lunch tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

cold roast coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭trashcan

Very bold this morning. Sausage, hash brown and a fried egg on fried bread.:eek:

Wot, no black pudding ? There has to be black pudding ! Poached egg, hash brown and black pudding is yum.

Side note, after years struggling and failing with poaching eggs, have finally sorted how to keep the white together . Use a small sandwich/freezer bag, crack the egg into it and tie it closed. Spray with oil first to keep the egg from sticking. Cling film would also work. Pop into boiling water for about two minutes and a nice soft poached egg.

trashcan wrote: »
    Wot, no black pudding ? There has to be black pudding ! Poached egg, hash brown and black pudding is yum.

Side note, after years struggling and failing with poaching eggs, have finally sorted how to keep the white together . Use a small sandwich/freezer bag, crack the egg into it and tie it closed. Spray with oil first to keep the egg from sticking. Cling film would also work. Pop into boiling water for about two minutes and a nice soft poached egg.

I'm actually sick and tired of black pudding over the last few months. Fooking really sick of it.:D I poach eggs in a little rubber container I bought in Homestore and more. Crack the egg into it and place in a pot of boiling water. Few mins and job done. Love a poached egg!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Monkfish and prawn thai green curry with rice and chips. It's a treat every now and again courtesy of the chef that works for the famous hoteliers the Brennan brothers.

Enjoyed with the last of the summer wine that was made from the gorse flowers that grow around the back of our house, there'll be an awful lot more of that wine made next summer with God's holy help.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Went with some spicy spiralled veg (carrot parsnip) mushroom onion, some sweet potato home fries and spicy tofu (first time cooking this at home and think it will be on my weekly shop from now on)
    Washed down with a half pint of dublins finest (tap water)

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    lamb shanks from Aldi - haven't had them before, heard they were lovely. Potatoe gratin, broccoli and crusty bread with a nice bottle of red wine.

edit: mmm, tasty. although noble locks didn't really like hers. she's fussy, i get leftover lamb shank for lunch tomorrow.

Lamb shanks are the food of the God's, what you just had there would be a serious contender for my last meal on death row.

If I ever end up on death row and am offered my choice of my last meal that is.

You get the picture, also I think you could do a lot worse than noble locks.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭trashcan

I'm actually sick and tired of black pudding over the last few months. Fooking really sick of it.:D I poach eggs in a little rubber container I bought in Homestore and more. Crack the egg into it and place in a pot of boiling water. Few mins and job done. Love a poached egg!

He who is sick of black pudding is sick of life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That curry looks the job Rows. Can I ask what flavour does the wine have?

That curry looks the job Rows. Can I ask what flavour does the wine have?

It's a bit like a Sauvigon Blanc with a hint of almond/granny smith type flavour to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's a bit like a Sauvigon Blanc with a hint of almond/granny smith type flavour to it.

Oh lovely! Sounds like something I'd enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Does anyone know where i could get some Canola oil? Preferably in Dublin city

Second Friday on the trot for a hot spicy beef dish with rice and maybe some chips too. Homemade. A really great follow up to some ice cold beers which are being supped....starting now.:D

Venison burger and chips with a cold can of Cullen's cider and then a gooey Lidl chocolate doughnut to round it off.

Every muscle in my body is aching from work but I couldn't be happier and I'll be up before dawn tomorrow looking for more venison.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

espresso

Dinner time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

We'd a lovely roast chicken dinner earlier this evening but after a few beers now so the longing for more is coming on again :D The sliced pan is in danger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fathom wrote: »
    espresso

Good to see you back :)

Curry chips :)

One of those savage days I'm afraid.:eek:

A sausage toastie and OJ for breakfast. Homemade burger (keep a stock in the freezer) and chips for lunch with a Lucozade zero. Nibbled on different kinds of chocolate all day. Eyeing up the last of my spicy beef stir fry from last night. May have it later. Now to beer or not to beer.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,833 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One of those savage days I'm afraid.:eek:

A sausage toastie and OJ for breakfast. Homemade burger (keep a stock in the freezer) and chips for lunch with a Lucozade zero. Nibbled on different kinds of chocolate all day. Eyeing up the last of my spicy beef stir fry from last night. May have it later. Now to beer or not to beer.:D

The answer to that question is...to beer !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    The answer to that question is...to beer !

Okay.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,833 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Okay.:D

Glad to make that decision for you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam leading people astray here again i see.

Just after having some beef casserole with mixed fruit crumble for dessert.

Enough left over from each for tomorrow, if I can resist going for seconds later this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Curried Monkfish with black bean salad for myself and my housemates. Now enjoying a Gin and Tonic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Pizza and garlic bread.

529644.jpg

Don't mind the burnedy one, that's how the OH likes em, disgracefully. All meat as well, chorizo and rashers.

The soft base was lovely on the chicken one, and onion and peppers cooked nicely without getting charred.

I love a load of sauce with garlic and fresh basil. I think when I reheat the leftovers tomorrow I'm going to put sheep's cheese on it because honestly it's the weekend so who cares.

• Advertisement

I love burnty pizza, same with toast .
    I'm starving but can't get off the couch due to pure laziness, I have 2 of the Saturday pizzas that are always recommended on the Aldi thread ,frozen chips and garlic bread, I'll try to haul myself up and throw them in the oven. The red wine has been poured.

Advertisement