Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East wall area

Options
  • 03-10-2020 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Anyone live around east wall - close to fair view park?

What’s it like in general? Any time I pass it it seems decent enough but that’s during lunch time / 5pm.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

There was a post on east wall most people said don't buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

How much are 3 bed semis going for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    There was a post on east wall most people said don't buy

Some said don’t buy.
    Some said do buy.

Same for any area really.

Some more info here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=205297

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

I lived there for a couple of years. I generally felt pretty safe walking around but it does have you're usual gangs of youths and drugs and stuff. I'd say you're going to get that in almost every place close to the city center though.

As far as I'm aware parts have flooded in the past so more than likely will again in the future. Worth bearing in mind if you're thinking of buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

I lived there for a couple of years. I generally felt pretty safe walking around but it does have you're usual gangs of youths and drugs and stuff. I'd say you're going to get that in almost every place close to the city center though.

As far as I'm aware parts have flooded in the past so more than likely will again in the future. Worth bearing in mind if you're thinking of buying.

Ouch I didn’t know about the flooding. Hard to get insurance I’d say then / expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Mod Note.
    Let’s not go down this route on blanket statements again.
    The last thread was locked and users were warned.
    Consider this an on thread warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Ouch I didn’t know about the flooding. Hard to get insurance I’d say then / expensive?

Try getting a few insurance quotes with the eircode's you're interested in. You'll get an instant rejection in most cases for flood risk areas. Also check out:
    http://www.floodinfo.ie/map/floodplans/

I pulled out of a house sale due to this exact reason.

Advertisement