Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

idRmjJqg.jpg
    I know it's the spice girls but what's the joke?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

See the caption - "My new spice rack"

cdeb wrote: »
    See the caption - "My new spice rack"
    Ok thanks. There's no caption on the touch site, hence my question.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

90cm too long! :P
    *faints*

wins when arm lands on the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

If posts like this keep appearing, as they have been very recently, I'm just going to have to unfollow the YLYL thread. Which would be a great shame for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

If posts like this keep appearing, as they have been very recently, I'm just going to have to unfollow the YLYL thread. Which would be a great shame for me.

Don't even have to look what "this" is to know what you are on about and to totally agree think I have reported the last three posts by that particular poster and I get the impression I'm not the only one or that this is anything new.

Just report the post.

It's what I did, and it's been actioned.

What more can you ask for?

Just report the post.

It's what I did, and it's been actioned.

What more can you ask for?

I could ask for more but it might be considered backseat modding. So I won't. Suffice to say, there's an unpleasant pattern.

But just keep reporting the post, and if there's an unpleasant pattern (and I don't disagree with you), the mods will deal with it.

No need to either unfollow the thread, or tell us all that you're going to unfollow it.

But just keep reporting the post, and if there's an unpleasant pattern (and I don't disagree with you), the mods will deal with it.

No need to either unfollow the thread, or tell us all that you're going to unfollow it.

Is this not the CVPL chat thread?

• Advertisement

It is. And here we are, chatting.

But it sounds like you want action taken, so I'm suggesting it would be better if you just report the posts.

It is. And here we are, chatting.

But it sounds like you want action taken, so I'm suggesting it would be better if you just report the posts.

Sure. And I think coming on here to talk about repetitive and inappropriate posting is also pertinent.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod: Chatting about it takes longer than reporting the post. :) Other than that, if you want to discuss generally about a post, fire away, but if you want to discuss a Mod's decision please contact us via PM.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    https://i.chzbgr.com/full/9494045952/h5217BBF5/cat

When for a split-second, you don't realise that it's the cat's tail wrapping around her arm......

......it means you don't have a cat. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

New Home wrote: »
    ......it means you don't have a cat. :)

Factually accurate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

GXTeJnr.png

Mod: It's a spoof, thankfully. Moving it back to YLYL.
    That has to be from WWN or The Onion.

I really hope it is, but nothing would surprise me any more.

Whoops wrong thread. Ah its gotta be fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

GXTeJnr.png

Truth can be stranger than fiction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE#1985_bombing - police dropped a bomb on a house and 11 people died and 65 houses destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That has to be from WWN or The Onion.
    Babylon Bee seems to be the one making the most headlines since the start of the year.
    https://babylonbee.com/news/powerful-protesters-spell-out-love-with-burning-homes-and-businesses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

fake news, thats not a tweet from Bill Murray

also, there is much very good information, or 'a lot of very good information'... I don't see problem with the tweet, maybe that just me

also, there is much very good information, or 'a lot of very good information'... I don't see problem with the tweet, maybe that just me

Fake news? It's not news at all - it's a funny pic. You should probably try getting your news from sources other than YLYL. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Fake news? It's not news at all - it's a funny pic. You should probably try getting your news from sources other than YLYL. :p

Its a real tweet, but wasn't tweeted by bill murray, dunno why someone would do that, just lie on the internet?

Its a real tweet, but wasn't tweeted by bill murray, dunno why someone would do that, just lie on the internet?

Telpis.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

Telpis.

Every day is a school day
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Telpis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The part you've corrected is precisely the problem.
    Surely you can make the connection.
    NBTD wrote: »
    How limerick legends say go helpis

Anyoen else get zero clarity fro mthat?
    Surely they aren't trying to say God Help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mellor wrote: »
    Anyoen else get zero clarity fro mthat?
    Surely they aren't trying to say God Help us.

I didn't even get God Help Us from that.. :confused:. But it must be it.. Please..

Oh good grief, you must all be newbies in Boards if you don't know what telpis meant. Whole threads have been dedicated to telpis. It's God Help Us in crappy FB-speak, in the same was that angles is angels, etc.

When the 503s stop, do yourselves a favour and do a search, it's actually very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Reverse Google search throws up Southern Ewaso Ng'iro, Kenyan River.

• Advertisement

Google reverse image search seems to think it's the Southern Ewaso Ng'iro river in Kenya.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Ewaso_Ng%27iro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Google reverse image search seems to think it's the Southern Ewaso Ng'iro river in Kenya.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Ewaso_Ng%27iro

Thanks Buddy....
    I work with a load of geologists and they all appreciated the image.

Thanks Buddy....
    I work with a load of geologists and they all appreciated the image.

Solvable Knave got there before me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The original image (without the copyright cropped out :mad:) appears to come from Paul Mckenzie / wildencounter.net
    9. Aerial view of Lesser Flamingos feeding on plant and algae infused river delta, Ewaso Ngiri River delta, Lake Natron

All of his photos are amazing, thanks for posting that - I'm in awe of the patterns he's captured. I also find it utterly remarkable that the colours of the various types of earth on a huge scale resemble very closely the patterns you get with different glazes in pottery - the very big and the very small are very alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭Worztron

Is this not the CVPL chat thread?

Hi PM. What is CVPL?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi PM. What is CVPL?
    The name of the forum: Cool Vids & Pics & Links

I can just see their online dating profile:

Hobbies: Extreme cooking survival challenges.

1267_9e72_500.jpeg

Should have put G clamps on it!

Oh good grief, you must all be newbies in Boards if you don't know what telpis meant.

Not a newbie just don’t pay much attention to nonsense forums/threads

• Advertisement

So what are you doing here? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

So what are you doing here? :D

Just confused. Like the rest of us. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Should have put G clamps on it!
    Or maybe they didn't use enough of them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Or maybe they didn't use enough of them ?

Looks staged. I've seen a couple of accidents with pressure cookers and that isn't the way they go off. Unless someone put the pressure cooker on with nothing in it then were's the food which I can tell you can make a massive mess when one of those things blows?

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Looks staged. I've seen a couple of accidents with pressure cookers and that isn't the way they go off. Unless someone put the pressure cooker on with nothing in it then were's the food which I can tell you can make a massive mess when one of those things blows?

Look at the ceiling. There’s a uniform worst of food/contents except above the cupboards. Mess on island in foreground too

Even if it was genuine Time have a history of having different covers for different markets. Most of the time it's the US that gets a local cover.

https://www.davidairey.com/time-magazine-covers

Worztron wrote: »
    515530.jpg

Looks more like seriously pissed off cat to me, or sourpuss.
    Did it really turn that milk sour.

He really looks like a witch's familiar, even though he's a tabby.

• Advertisement

There's a touch of the Gollums off him.

Advertisement