Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mafia/Werewolf World Championships 2018

• 09-03-2018 1:57pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok so after talking with Pter I felt it might be a good idea to get an idea if anyone is interested in representing Boards in this year's World Championships hosted on Mafia Universe.

Information on last year's competition, in which Tigger represented our community can be found here.

World Championships Information

If we have a number of interests expressed then probably the best way to decide the representative and their second is via private ballot.

Personally I would be nominating sKeith. He has experience on Mafia Universe, and is a very capable player I'm sure the rest would agree. I'd be nominating tritium as his second for very similar reasons.

So, if you wish to put yourself forward, or indeed nominate someone then here is the place to do so.

Comments

Seconded and seconded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I vote for strawbs. If she gets roled as seer ......game over.

Necro too for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'm voting for blowjob to represent boards
    I'm voting minus 6 for his second.

What about Patrick * ?

Havent seen P* in a while. Hope he pops back around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd nominate Necro and sKeith.
    And I think Barry would back me up on that if I'd take the ball gag out of his mouth. Oh Barry! Time for daily corn rub!

Cross Guffy QB

Bump.

Is there anyone that wants to put themselves forward for this? Rather than us nominating people who wouldnt play.

If there are, we can pull together a list and do an anon vote?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

For anyone interested...

World Championship 2018

I'm gonna have to pass as it's in the middle of my holidays. Would have been interested if I was around though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

Necrominus wrote: »
    For anyone interested...

World Championship 2018

I'm gonna have to pass as it's in the middle of my holidays. Would have been interested if I was around though.

Games will be spread over a few months. At least two. And you can swap what game you're in if it doesn't suit.

Unless you are taking 2 month holidays...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Thingyman

Hi everyone!

The official invitation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

Hope you guys can find someone to play :)

What is this? Surely my Irish friends aren't gonna sit this one out? :P

Hi guys

I'm going on a short vacation tomorrow. Will be back Sunday, April 29.

As for the deadline for choosing a representative (or someone volunteering themselves), I am extending this by a couple of days to May 3.

When/if your representative is decided, that person should please either PM me on Mafia Universe or reach me on Discord: Thingyman#6075. During evenings I will quickly check messages and get them the information they need to prepare for the game.

Hopefully someone volunteers, would be sad to have you guys not be part of this season :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Necro or strawbs - do it! Then split the money here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Thingyman wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

The official invitation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

Hope you guys can find someone to play :)

I had seen you post on IPB and came over to see if it was mentioned here. Didn't realise you were on both places!

ardinn wrote: »

Hehe I’m oot!

ardinn wrote: »

No can do unfortunately, away until June essentially from next Thursday. :(

Surely there's someone who might be interested though.

sKeith, or tritium perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

No can do unfortunately, away until June essentially from next Thursday. :(

Surely there's someone who might be interested though.

sKeith, or tritium perhaps?

I’d kinda love to do this at some point but at the moment lack of available time is kinda killing me :( (I’ve laughed/ cried when someone tells me during a game on here that I’m dodgy cause I’m way to quiet). My monthly fix keeps me going but I just wouldn’t have time right now to commit to this.

@Necro

Won't be back before June 18th?

Thingyman wrote: »
    @Necro

Won't be back before June 18th?

You're evil :pac:

Back June 2nd.

• Advertisement

Jaysus if no one else is gonna do it then sign me up, can't not have Boards involved...
    I have no will power... this is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I'll be your 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Games start soon

https://discord.gg/RTZAN83

Keith is now in play

This is now his support thread

If anyone knowys who innocent villager number 8 was can they pm me please thank you

Necro is starting tomorrow at 13-00 if anyone first posting on the forum could post something dryly irish and themselves for security purposes

Radio silence for Necro from here on out:

Game Thread for anyone who wants to watch.

Also.... Post 10K! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Best of luck Necro!

Been flat out travelling then back to spend time with my sister and her family. Is this over now?

• Advertisement

Been flat out travelling then back to spend time with my sister and her family. Is this over now?

No :(

No :(

Oh gosh!

Lol. When you put 2 weeks of effort into a game only to realise 90% of those qualifying are MU regulars.... :rolleyes:

I don't even mind that per se but I love how some players claim to represent a different site when in fact no one has ever heard of them.

Just say you're repping MU, it's blatantly obvious anyways.

It's a good site MU, but no way in hell should 90% of WC and finalists be regular posters on the site... it's left a sour taste in my mouth tbh.

Lol. When you put 2 weeks of effort into a game only to realise 90% of those qualifying are MU regulars.... :rolleyes:

I don't even mind that per se but I love how some players claim to represent a different site when in fact no one has ever heard of them.

Just say you're repping MU, it's blatantly obvious anyways.

It's a good site MU, but no way in hell should 90% of WC and finalists be regular posters on the site... it's left a sour taste in my mouth tbh.

Link to where that was announced?

Thats shocking! Who got through from your game?

Pter wrote: »
    Link to where that was announced?

Thats shocking! Who got through from your game?

Four WCs and two auto finalists.

This post kind of sums up the bias imo:

Apparently there was a 'practice' game prior to the beginning of the championships... have a look at the player list who went through from it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    -Beru
    -Cuth
    -Mp7
    -Monkey
    -Psycho
    -Myc
    -Fable
    -Dich
    -Supreme

All played practice game!!!

Here's the thread where WCs were announced.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/16241-Season-5-The-Ultimate-Showdown/page29

Four WCs and two auto finalists.

This post kind of sums up the bias imo:

Apparently there was a 'practice' game prior to the beginning of the championships... have a look at the player list who went through from it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here's the thread where WCs were announced.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/16241-Season-5-The-Ultimate-Showdown/page29

What are the metrics by which the wild cards are picked?

• Advertisement

What are the metrics by which the wild cards are picked?

The jury comprised of the players from last seasons final pick them. I dunno, this idea of a practice game imo is completely unfair to non regular MU players.

Also the fact that daniaki was omitted imo is very poor form. Miles better player than beruru or MP7.

Just my opinion.

Don't want others to think I'm salty, I genuinely don't mind not going through, but it's not encouraging me to play there again given all the regulars have a leg up on other communities with the practice game.

Necrominus wrote:
    Don't want others to think I'm salty, I genuinely don't mind not going through, but it's not encouraging me to play there again given all the regulars have a leg up on other communities with the practice game.

I would agree with your assessment having followed your game.

Didn't think beruru or mp7 did fantastically beyond what Dani or you did.

If there aren't objective judging factors then it's just an in club to cheer on who you know and like.

Which is natural. Like we cheered you on as we know you. But that's no way to pick who played best. Only to pick who you like.

MP7 picking up so many votes is absolutely baffling.

He was, to be frank - the WORST player in the game.

He derailed the thread constantly with his excessive posting and absolutely having to respond to everything, and then piles of OT nonsense.

His 'analyses' did not find a single wolf.

He did not vote for a single wolf in the game.

I have no earthly idea how anyone considers him a better player than daniaki, who was a Facebook player, coming into a post heavy environment and adapted amazingly.

It's actually sad that some consider MP7's style a better type of player than what Dani had to do to adjust to playing the game.

The jury should be ashamed of themselves, and I've said the same on MU.

Necrominus wrote:
    The jury should be ashamed of themselves, and I've said the same on MU.

Can I have that link please :D

Can I have that link please :D

Lol. Same thread above. There's a mention of Thierry Henry in my comment :pac:

• Advertisement

Right for those not following the thread in MU, a summary.

The selection process for who goes through to the next round isnt terribly clear or transparent.

A lot of regular MU players are going through with a smaller proportion of non-MU regulars not going through.

Very few people on MU seem to think this is an issue with this.

That's pretty much it as far as I can see.

Great craic altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just caught up on that thread, it's bizarre! Whatever about the practice games the selection criteria is openly broken. Anon games are the only way to go tbh but they won't do that. Spec chat sounds vicious, haven't even looked at that but based on what I've read there, I dont think they'll get as many sign ups next year as this year

Link to that spec chat?

Link to that spec chat?

There's a link to the MU server in each game thread and then you need to request spec chat access

Necrominus wrote:
    There's a link to the MU server in each game thread and then you need to request spec chat access

Feck that so

455482.jpg

I may have posted that on MU... couldn't resist :pac:

There goes our 2019 invite :)

If ever there was a time for this gif...

tenor.gif?itemid=8270819

Thingyman, if you read this, I speak for myself as a player when I say I wouldn't be hugely keen on the criteria that are being used to decide who progresses.

The tournament is an amazing achievement and no-one will please everyone all the time, but I know we always look to be transparent in our games and decisions, which is perhaps why this lack of transparency doesn't feel good to myself or others who have posted here.

Tournament is a massive achievement and is successful based off the growing numbers each year, but it wouldn't be for me, personally, if I was ever even good enough to be asked to play :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement