Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you own any match balls?

• 12-10-2019 7:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

There have been some beautiful balls released in the 2010s by Nike but i prefer the classic balls, for example I wish to purchase the relaunched Geo Merlin 2000-01 Premier League match ball.

I would also love to find a good condition Mitre Ultimax some day, one of my favourite balls is the 2002 FA Cup ball, I used to have replica of it which was beautiful but I gave into temptation and used it outside which of course ruined it.

The World Cup ball from 2010 is a thing of raw beauty, I plan to add that to my collection and find a nice case for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Have a League of Ireland Ultimax from the late 90s (think it has a harp lager logo on it). They were a great ball.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

fullstop wrote: »
    Have a League of Ireland Ultimax from the late 90s (think it has a harp lager logo on it). They were a great ball.

You maybe could sell it to this man

https://twitter.com/UltimaxFootball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I brought my 12 year old son to Poland for Euro 2012. For the last game we booked into the same hotel as the Irish team in Sopot. My son was playing football with another kid his age in the hotel grounds. On his way back to the room Stephen Hunt got into the lift and brought my son on a tour of the teams hotel floor. He asked my son what room we were staying in. A half an hour later, there was a knock on the door and it was Stephen Hunt, with an Ireland training top and an Ireland/Euro 2012 branded Adidas Tango 12 football. So while its not an actual match ball it was used in training by the Ireland squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

best football imo was the tango 82 world cup a classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DonJose wrote: »
    I brought my 12 year old son to Poland for Euro 2012. For the last game we booked into the same hotel as the Irish team in Sopot. My son was playing football with another kid his age in the hotel grounds. On his way back to the room Stephen Hunt got into the lift and brought my son on a tour of the teams hotel floor. He asked my son what room we were staying in. A half an hour later, there was a knock on the door and it was Stephen Hunt, with an Ireland training top and an Ireland/Euro 2012 branded Adidas Tango 12 football. So while its not an actual match ball it was used in training by the Ireland squad.

Your son really should know better than to wander off with scruffy strangers. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Went to Man Utd vs Basel in 2002. Ruud Van Nistlerooy blasted out a ball during the warm up. Landed right beside us and we managed to keep it. Nike Geo Merlin Vapor, probably my favorite Premiership ball. Things took a turn for the worse though. The mate I went with, a few weeks after he pleaded with me to have a kick around outside with it. First shot. Into the ditch. It burst :pac:

Advertisement