Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Multilink service again

Options
  • 12-09-2001 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

since recent adsl developments has dashed some of you hopes, id liek to suggest ntl, the best fiver you will ever spend. it is the only option for heavy users

NTL multi link service, (cable tv, phone and internet)

Price
    £15 a month, 3.5p per minute on peak, 1.5p per minute off peak, free at weekends

Hours of service
    Daytime call charges apply from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. Evening call charges apply from 6pm-8am Monday-Friday. Weekend call charges from midnight Friday-midnight Sunday and *Public holidays

Time from First request to start of service
    4 (approx) working days from the time you requested the contract, to delivery,
    2 weeks (approx) from recite of contract by ntl to activation of service.

Billing
    Billing is monthly. The bill is fully itemized with total calls at the end, plus standard charges of £15. All Call Charges are added up, with internet weekend calls charges to ntl being deduced at the bottom. If you have paid in advance for an ntl service, i.e. cable TV, you will be credited the amount in your account.

Note: Ntl incest on payment by Direct Debit.

Installing online software
    Ntl Provide a CD which includes all the necessary software for installing you internet connection, this CD is mailed out to you and includes your username. You need this CD to register for an internet dial up account; with out it you cannot access the ntl’s internet services.

Note this CD only works under win95/98 and with a screen resolution of 800 by 600 pixels and above.

Quality of Service
    From the period of July 8 to august 8 2001, the average internet connect was 48Kbps with peaks of 49.2kbps and a minimum of 46.6kbps.
    Only Noticeable error was while browsing, sometimes you will get a connection reset by pear error; this is a minor annoyance and can be fixed by pressing refresh.

Note: NTL’s internet service has an automatic cut of period of every 2 hours.

Customer Support,
    NTL’s customer support staff and well trained and knowledgeable, of the several times ive rang them my called were answered within 5 minutes on hold and almost immediately at the weekends, the person on the other end were courteous and we able to answer my queries. This level of support may differ from user to user, but this is an accurate assessment of my experience with them.

Services Provided

V.90 compatibility.
    5 email address.
    10mbs of web space.
    Online help.

Minimum Requirements
    Windows 95/98
    Processor 166 MHz
    Ram 32mb
    Hard Disk 80mb
    14.4kbs modem (BABT approved)
    800x600 monitor

Technical information

Number 2450429
    Preferred DNS server 194.168.4.100
    Alternative DNS server 194.168.8.100

Out going mail server smtp.ntlworld.ie
    Incoming mail server pop.ntlworld.ie

Office’s addresses

NTL Communications (Ireland) Ltd.,
    10 Permbroke Place,
    Ballsbridge,
    Dublin4.

NTL
    Building P2,
    East Point Business Park,
    Dublin 3,

Telephone numbers

Free phone 1800 321 321
    Technical support 1550 924 124 (58p per minute)
    Registration help line 800 924 422

Emails

Help@ntlworld.ie

Website
    www.ntl.ie
    www.ntlworld.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭neverhappen

Quality of Service
    From the period of July 8 to august 8 2001, the average internet connect was 48Kbps with peaks of 49.2kbps and a minimum of 46.6kbps.
    Only Noticeable error was while browsing, sometimes you will get a connection reset by pear error; this is a minor annoyance and can be fixed by pressing refresh.

Note: NTL’s internet service has an automatic cut of period of every 2 hours.

..and I keep my phone current no

No busy modems ?

2 hours... Can you just redial if you want ?

sounds reasonable though. I think I'll get it and then ring that other shower and tell them they've just lost a customer, why, and how much my bills have been over the last 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by Gladiator

Note: Ntl incest on payment by Direct Debit.

I know we had this before but....LOL anyway.
    [spellcheck....aahem, nudge, nudge]

Glad... my prob w/ NTL is having to switch my normal phone a/c over to them. And also I've also heard, while the weekend is unlimited the dial-up speed is pretty poor. A neighbour of mine, who dials up w/ €ircon @ about 45kbp/s only ever gets 33kbp/s w/ NTL. Maybe you could clarify that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ru1nzx

NTL internet in waterford is great speeds.. no other problems besides the 2 hr disconnection thing.. better then eircom anyway.. and indigo.. and iol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

Neverhappen you get the same number and you can just redial. You still pay line rental to eircon but that’s the same with esat

80p, there’s always one, but I dear say a 33k ntl connection beats a 45k eircon, ever notice that sometimes the speed just goes dead on esat and eircon, I mean nothing going either way, well that just doesn’t happen with ntl. The speeds I connect at are usually better at the weekend

Advertisement