Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ultimate Football Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World

1232425262729»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Skylinehead got my Juarez vote excluded in the semis so inclined to go Changmai to get revenge although I have a history of disagreeing with Bagglys choices.

Hmmm what to choose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That history is ancient history. We agreed on Juarez, we can agree here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Baggly wrote: »
    That history is ancient history. We agreed on Juarez, we can agree here.

Did you vote for or against CSKA Moscow?

Against

Against

Oh dear

I vote for Koln. Goat shagging a church - what's not to like?

I respect your choice but it's hasty given you didn't ask skyline the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Changmai - voting for this and not just because i nominated it, i find it very unique and a beautiful crest, which has inspired people to use it as an avatar and even buy the jersey(the jersey is amazing too and i'm considering getting it myself) It has eliminated some of the greatest crests ever to get to the final, including Valencia and Roma, please vote for the big beautiful elephant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭davetherave

wow-that-escalated-quickly.png

I am all aboard team goat. FC Koln

If I absolutely have to make an argument based on the actual crests and not actual livestock, pachyderms and water retention constructions as interesting as that i.

Both teams feature a three colour palette, Black, White, and Red. Koln have opted for a more striking and attention grabbing red than the more subdued crimson of Chiangmai.

Koln have a distinct shape and outline, that breaks the boundaries of typical Shield/Circle/Square shaped crest to establish a uniqueness similar to Inverness Caledonian, Bristol Rovers, and Bambi Football Club amongst others. Chiangmai have opted for the far too common emblem in the middle surrounded by a ring of text on the outside.

And for all of the reasons that Skylinehead mentioned in their Opening Statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Really surprised to see how this is progressing. Chiangmai is class, Koln is grand, ive voted for it a lot but really Chiangmai is brilliant, the jerseys are cracking too. For a new club and crest, they've nailed it. Chiangmai has tonnes of elephant sanctuarys aswell so it represents the city brilliantly.

Chiangmai crest is better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

How in the name of fúck did Koln make the final... THE FINAL NOW? come on outta that. A randy goat riding the crest.

Chiangmai United is my choice. Not my favourite by a long shot either, and somewhat surprised to see it make the final too, but it is what it is I guess. Its a grand bit of a crest now so it is. It'll do me

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The last 4 teams were very heavy on the red, white and black, suggesting admiration for a truly despicable historical faction.

But, Man United fans aside, the heffalump has simply got to win this thing. That goat and his little church must be laughing that they fluked their way to the final but it has to end now.

Chiang mai or die

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    How in the name of fúck did Koln make the final... THE FINAL NOW? come on outta that. A randy goat riding the crest.

Chiangmai United is my choice. Not my favourite by a long shot either, and somewhat surprised to see it make the final too, but it is what it is I guess. Its a grand bit of a crest now so it is. It'll do me
    Yeah, I kinda agree with this.

For me, the two losing semi-finalists were the finalists. This is a bit of a let-down. A third-fourth place play-off when there's no final to come later.

I'll vote for...the goat? I think. I don't think it's a great elephant. I don't know what the goat is doing shagging the cathedral either. But at least its horns aren't a paper cut-out like at the start of Bosco.

So - Köln

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is like an Ethiopian child’s bowl
    There’s absolutely nothing it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tell me, good people of Forum Tournaments, is there a more magnificent animal than the mighty and noble elephant? Well maybe a thoroughbred horse in full flow, but seeing as some people failed to appreciate the magnificence of the FC Juarez crest, it falls upon our pachyderm friend to stand up to the banality of a goat. And let's face it, not just any goat, but one that was originally unwanted by a circus. I mean, what sort of sh*t circus has goats anyway, unless they were there as food for the lions and tigers. But that pretty much sums up the Koln crest, low rent and shoddy, just like the circus the goat came from.

Chiangmai United, on the other hand, have chosen a mighty beast which signals their intentions to trample all over the opposition, rather than just start eating whatever crap it gets distracted by before jumping around like a hyper 4-year old that hasn't taken its Ritalin. And there's no trying to distract viewers from their chosen animal with a pretty poor drawing of a local landmark either, the crest stands on the merit of the beast or not at all. Obviously the Koln crest also has satanic connotations with the unholy marriage of red and a goat, and it's quite clear its supporters have made some sort of Faustian pact to help it win. So do you want to be on the side of good or evil? Personally, I choose good - Chiangmai United get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Sticking with Chiangmai. I like Köln, and have come to love the goat, but it's all about the elephant for me. Busy working atm, so I don't have time to say much more right now, but in short...h'on the elephant!

• Advertisement

45 minutes remain in this fantastic cup final. Could still completely go either way at this juncture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I honestly don't love either of these crests and have voted against them both several times but I have enjoyed this competition and will cast a vote:

Elephant or Goat? Elephant for me.
    The elephant is a classic symbol of strength, patience, loyalty and wisdom. It is also a symbol of good fortune and power. It is the national symbol for Thailand. Not all elephants are treated well by the tourist industry but there is an ethical Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai

I like the laurel to symbolise victory and triumph.

I like the symmetry of the crest- much more appealing to the eye.

I have to vote Chiang Mai.

It was neck and neck for most of the day but pulling away on the home straight was the elephantastic Thai team. With 57% of the vote and the true G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Time) is none other than... your Ultimate Football Crest Tournament Winner!

Chiangmai United

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQep9gDqNrgKnqehHZ99-AEU6exPQChOI6bgw&usqp=CAU

Vindication.

Quick. Someone build me a dam.

Vindication.

Quick. Someone build me a dam.

And push you right in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Woop woop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

But in the spirit of sportsmanship, handshakes and that grabby thing where you lock thumbs all-round.

And push you right in...

Elephaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnntttts......*plop*

Well played team Koln. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Congrats to Chiangmai United and their elephant, great crest and fair play to Omackeral for running around brilliant contest, good work man

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

All hail the elephant!

It was going to be hard to top the flag games, but this has definitely been my favourite of these to date, it really was great fun. Thanks again for all your hard work Omackeral.

Great tournament Omack. Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

It's okay Goat Gang, I've got a trick up my sleeve so that Stampy the Elephant doesn't win. :D

I'm delighted that Bristol Rovers won, having never been announced as eliminated as for some reason City got eliminated even though they were never in the competition to begin with.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Ok well I can reveal that Lokomotive have steamed on ahead as group winners. Bristol City are out, I'm sure Electric Nitwit will be pleased with that. San Jose and Corinthians are joint second. For me, there's a lot more going on with the Brazilian effort without it being too much. The nautical stuff i.e. the oars and anchor on the outside, with the flag on the inside ties it together for me. I vote for Corinthians.

Lokomotive Moscow and Corinthians advance

All hail the Gas, #piratepower :pac:

In the very likely chance that this doesn't work, I'd like to offer my congratulations to Baggly and all of those on Team Elephant for a good well-fought victory, and my thanks to Omack for running a great tournament

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

ZEnpY.jpg

• Advertisement

Next tournament will run towards the end of July. Another idea I’ve had is favorite ever World Cup Jersey but I think I’ll strictly limit it to 32. This was outrageously big! Great fun running it and some Baggly and Skyliney people massively got into the spirit of it. Was a blast. Thanks everyone for playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Cheers Mackers!
    It's the first of these that I've closely followed (albeit erratically) and I really enjoyed it. Cracking effort on your part too, especially in the tie breaks, thanks a mill for it all :)

And go Chiang Mai United! :D

tenor.gif

Necro wrote: »
    I voted against it in the last round but I'm voting Chiang Mai here.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    I know I should be impartial but it's my pick to win the lot.

Called this way back in Round 2 btw :p

Have really enjoyed your competitions Omack. The flags of the world one got me through some very long, tough days. They have been a real pick-me-up for some of us. Well done and I look forward to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Tip of the hat to Omackeral once again.

Another excellent showing old boy.

Where the **** did Valencia go??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Where the **** did Valencia go??

They got 'batted' out of the competition ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

tenor.gif?itemid=16294634

tenor.gif?itemid=10817070

Roll on the next Meme War.

• Advertisement
Advertisement