Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Black Swan wrote: »
    My nurse neighbor has somehow avoided infection, and it may be due to her extra precautions during and after work. We avoid each other too, with friendly waves from afar.

Well done her, not at all easy with all the relentlessly wilful folk about. Hope you can continue to mind yourself girl..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Most of our 30,000 students are gone from campus, housing, and surrounding apartments. Food courts are closed. All classes are being taught online for both spring and summer quarters. The fall quarter may be online too, although admin will probably not decide until mid-July. Difficult to teach labs online, if at all. Our university town certre is a ghost town. I teach online from home, but must go to lab on campus and broadcast those materials.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well, if hell is other people you sound like you've got a sparsely populated island there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Well, if hell is other people you sound like you've got a sparsely populated island there

We call it "The Bubble." :rolleyes:

The only place i don't really keep people mat a proper distance is the pub and since they are closed i'm pretty much still in my own resting bitch face bubble :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The only place i don't really keep people mat a proper distance is the pub and since they are closed i'm pretty much still in my own resting bitch face bubble :pac:

What is this mythical pub you speak of? :pac:

Ah pubs, remember them before the dark times came :(

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What is this mythical pub you speak of? :pac:

Ah pubs, remember them before the dark times came :(

Oh let me count the names... Mainly because counting the pints would be impossible :pac:

Oh let me count the names... Mainly because counting the pints would be impossible :pac:

Hmm pints and a packet of peanuts, and a fry the morning after, and we go back at it again :pac:
    Not knocking it, but pints/cans at home over video chat with friends just doesn't have the same vibe to it.

It'll be worth the short term pain, when we can have the long term fun again.

I'd say Galway's an absolute ghost city these days.

I miss guinness and pure rubbish talk, also randomly meeting people i know.. Never been a home drinker, few cans with the missus now is grand

Ahhhhhhhhhhh... it's Taco Tuesday... in Eire (if you make your own at home). Miss that fast junk food. Three for a buck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,849 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Happy Friday, Nocts! :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

Enjoy Fries Day Del.

always;) :D

Happy Fries day, Swannie :D

Whooooooose, away went the weekend!

noooo, come back weekend >.< :P

Across the pond Monday was off. Folks flocked to the beach without masks and bunching together insuring that COVID would continue to spread.

Across the pond Monday was off. Folks flocked to the beach without masks and bunching together insuring that COVID would continue to spread.

yeah, saw some footage on the twitter stream. very frustrating to see at this point in the pandemic (I'm assuming this ain't going to be over this side of xmas!)

It does amaze me how so many people just ditched the guidelines :(

• Advertisement

It does amaze me how so many people just ditched the guidelines :(
    Well, our anti-masker-in-chief refuses to wear a mask, even when inspecting N-95s at an Arizona Honeywell mask factory. Monkey see, monkey do for his followers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happy Friday Minty

Happy Friday Noccers

happy Friday, superTed:)

Happy Thor's Day Eire. I took a 3-day vacation in hospital over the weekend. Now Swannie limps a bit, but should be in Seph slaying form shortly.

Eeeeek what happened?. No more pirouettes?.

• Advertisement

Eeeeek what happened?. No more pirouettes?.
    Indeed. At least not for a bit. Swannie can still fly, but limps on land and paddles in water circles.

Well i wish you a speedy recovery and i'll adapt a crutch for comfortable wing use. ;)

Patent it Grem. You could market it to all the swans.

I would have a decent market, given the amount of swans around here :)

I would have a decent market, given the amount of swans around here :)
    Yes, but you must admit that most of them are not the awesome black swan! Swannie beats chest with wings.

• Advertisement

Happy, happy 503s. Have not been able to access boards for days.

It was a painful weekend.

Ahhhhh but a new weekend approaches Grem.

Happy Friday, Nocts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

*wanders in*
    *Plus glass of whiskey*
    *Builds fire*

Evenin!

Swannie eyes cHaTbOx whiskey. Hmmmmmmmm. A shot might do well about now.

Ahh whiskey, my kinda drinkin :)

Ahh whiskey, my kinda drinkin :)
    Jameson. Yum.

Jameson. Yum.

Always my old reliable, love trying others but when i'm uninspired it's great

• Advertisement

Standby indeed.

Did I hear mention of whiskey?

It's never far away ;) You are more of a bourbon man though i think?

It's never far away ;) You are more of a bourbon man though i think?

I'll take anything that's on offer really :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll take anything that's on offer really :pac:

Once it goes down easy wha? :P

Once it goes down easy wha? :P

That's what she said :pac:

And stand by it :D Or should i lie beside it?. :confused:

Decisions, Decisions..

gVqG0nSi_yvBsJ9gMkghagvl_8orQddoOMz_ZZECcc28RPgC28p4WzSpFnGTFOrZFxBNGAniTkkIm0XUM6eIDtesc50cCtx-12y0PAmtczRZXg5_D61OeLzUMTWFBBS_b7H0Yw

I have some of this open . Lovely dram ! ;)

• Advertisement

580-george-t-stagg-bourbon.jpg

Would love some of this though if we are going for bourbon!

Advertisement