Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gillette Fusion Blades 8 Pack £10.48 Superdrug

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

I go down to the beach and use these. ejits wasting your money.

a78991823ba8b4810f7b7a13a28918bc.jpg

BTW thanks poster. I'm running low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Are people able to buy these?

They're trying to check my age with Experian!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Fanny **** wrote: »

Same here. I'm only 8 how to i get past this silly security, yeah i was a hairy baby.

But really i fired an email to their support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

same here:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

same here:(

same price on amazon.co.uk and you can save another 50p if you subscribe and then cancel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fanny **** wrote: »

You must be past it bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Age restricted and it says my details don't match Experian so they can't verify!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I tried a few of the alternatives since all that shenanigans and as rip off as these blades are when at rrp, they are the best blades out there that don’t involve me looking like I’ve been in a knife fight every time I shave.

And they’re not that expensive when you buy them in these deals. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever paid full price for them.

So thank you OP. I stocked up on another 24 blades and there’s already a good stock pile there.

And the quidico BA from earlier has paid for them :-)

• Advertisement

Oh and make sure you click the flag and click Ireland for free delivery to your doorstep..

It’s not always that obvious..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Rennaws wrote: »
    I
    And they’re not that expensive when you buy them in these deals. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever paid full price for them. /QUOTE]

Me neither. Always buy some when there’s an alert here. Have enough for a couple of years now. Think they’re great blades but couldn’t pay full price for them.

Can't log into the site though. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Anybody get around the age restriction yet?

So none of us are snowflakes triggered by the Gillette ad then? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭nc6000

I see they be ordered and collected in store but are they also in sale in store I wonder.

nc6000 wrote: »
    I see they be ordered and collected in store but are they also in sale in store I wonder.

I'm passing one this morning and was going to check. AFAIR the last time they were on sale, but not at the price you get them for online. I'll check back here later with the price.

Just checked. They're €24.50 in Santry. Anybody manage to get past the age verification?

nc6000 wrote: »

It's free delivery if you're registered for the loyalty card. But can't order them anyway with the age restriction. Not sure this deal is available instore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

JKGT wrote: »
    Anybody get around the age restriction yet?

Change to Ireland at top of page.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

banchang wrote: »
    Change to Ireland at top of page.

Can you confirm that this worked for you?

I have tried it (and I think most people above) but still asks for age verification check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

inel wrote: »
    Can you confirm that this worked for you?

I have tried it (and I think most people above) but still asks for age verification check.

Yes confirm it worked - 5 packs ordered successfully !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Didn't work for me, I signed in, location set to Ireland but still getting the age thing. I fired them off an email about it earlier anyway, I'll post here if they come back with anything that might be useful to others.

When I opened with Chrome for some reason it processed and completed successfully (no age verification check)

When I try through Firefox it asks for verification.

Try Chrome browser!

Update: Indeed, now it doesn't work for me with Chrome too. No idea why it worked earlier and managed to complete the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

When I opened with Chrome for some reason it processed and completed successfully (no age verification check)

Try Chrome browser!

Still doesn't work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Same issue with age verification. Fired off a mail to the CS, but haven't heard anything back.

Try Chrome browser!

Update: Indeed, now it doesn't work for me with Chrome too. No idea why it worked earlier and managed to complete the order.

Where you on your phone/tablet or on a laptop?

JKGT wrote: »
    Where you on your phone/tablet or on a laptop?

On a laptop.

I just tried it now and works again.

I initially opened website without being logged in. Chose Ireland.
    Then searched for the product, added it to the basket and continued with the checkout without any issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Tried Chrome, Firefox and Opera. Didn't work. Tried Edge, worked.

Seems random.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

stil didnt work. i gave up and order the fusion proglide ones on amazon for 11.50 pack of 8.

Hopefully there'll plenty more of these now as Gillette try and entice us all back to the fold :D

• Advertisement

Not available in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kuro68k wrote: »
    So none of us are snowflakes triggered by the Gillette ad then? :-)

anybody using either term deserves to have their cringeworthy throat slit by a rusty chinese knockoff blade.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Out of stock :(

CS had got back to me and told me to try processing the sale as a guest instead of logged in but I only remembered to try it now. Doh.

Out of stock now... 🙄

Amazon has some slightly different ones, that don't have the extra blade at the top for doing your eyebrows.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gillette-Fusion5-ProGlide-Blades-Refills/dp/B00R10ZUWU/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=gillette+fusion+8&qid=1551776448&s=gateway&sr=8-7

miamee wrote: »
    Out of stock :(

CS had got back to me and told me to try processing the sale as a guest instead of logged in but I only remembered to try it now. Doh.

I had already tried that but it didn’t work, if that makes you feel better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

kuro68k wrote: »
    Amazon has some slightly different ones, that don't have the extra blade at the top for doing your eyebrows.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gillette-Fusion5-ProGlide-Blades-Refills/dp/B00R10ZUWU/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=gillette+fusion+8&qid=1551776448&s=gateway&sr=8-7
    Er isnt that for your sideburns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

They are back in stock on the website. Not worth a fiddlers fcuk because of the age restriction nonsense though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

shocksy wrote: »
    They are back in stock on the website. Not worth a fiddlers fcuk because of the age restriction nonsense though.
    A bit of a pain in the ass I know but if you ring CS, they will pass on your info to I.T and get the age restriction addressed as well as giving you a case ID to guarantee blades at the offer price. Obviously won't happen immediately but they will get it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

rubadub wrote: »
    anybody using either term deserves to have their cringeworthy throat slit by a rusty chinese knockoff blade.
    That escalated quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,452 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If you change your account details to be a friendly family member in the UK (whose DOB you know) you should be able to complete an order with PayPal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,452 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Got my Order Shipped email today

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

dodzy wrote: »
    A bit of a pain in the ass I know but if you ring CS, they will pass on your info to I.T and get the age restriction addressed as well as giving you a case ID to guarantee blades at the offer price. Obviously won't happen immediately but they will get it sorted.

After emailing my details yesterday I got email this morning to try again and was able to order just now - after trying all weekend on different browsers and devices.

Advertisement