Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy Dress Ideas

Options
  • 08-10-2007 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

OK, 31 October is fast approaching so I need some fancy dress ideas. My friends and I get very competitive about this so I really need some original ideas! I don't mind putting a fair bit of time and effort into it, or how ridiculous I look, once it is original.

So, any ideas?

Also, one of my mates would like us to do something as a pair, so maybe we could dress as something that comes in twos.....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Are you male/famale/one of each ?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Sorry, I'm female, my friend is male.

So ideas for either a female or a male/female pair please!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ninjas, you can't go wrong :D

NinjaGirls.JPG

Looks good but we need something a bit more over the top.

I think the ninja costumes would be seen as too 'easy' (too make, not what you are thinking you dirty minded so and so...!)

Head is melted from work so heres some crap suggestions -

Droogs (from a Clockwork Orange) -
    http://carnalreason.org/images/france/droogs.jpg

Willy Wonka & Oompa Loompa
    Saw this dome in Cork a few halloweens ago, this guy dressed in the purple Wonka suit/top hat get-up and had about 4-5 friends dressed as oompa loompas. Looked absolutely brilliant.

Mario & Princess
    http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/marioandpeach.jpg

The Twins (From the Shining)
    http://www.cinecultist.com/archives/shining_twins_1.jpg
    Brilliant if you can persuade your male friend to do it, add blood spatters for best effect.

None of those are overly hard to do and look really well when done properly. Are you trying to go for any type of costume in particular or anything

You want more crazy/less crazy suggestions :D ?

• Advertisement

More ideas along those lines would be great.

I've actually done oompa loompas and clockwork orange characters before (I know, I should have grown out of this by now!) and one of my friends did Mario and Luigi last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

Little DEAD Riding Hood and the big bad wolf...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you are male don't dress up as a schoolgirl like I did last year. I got really drunk and went back to one of my friends house. I went ot the bathroom for a piss, seen my reflection in the mirror and then tried to have sex with it. Woke up the next morning in hospital, really hungover with no idea what I did the night before and with 37 stitches in my penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

this website mite give you a few ideas

www.joke.co.uk bought costumes for myself and other half from this site last year and know others that did also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

If you are male don't dress up as a schoolgirl like I did last year. I got really drunk and went back to one of my friends house. I went ot the bathroom for a piss, seen my reflection in the mirror and then tried to have sex with it. Woke up the next morning in hospital, really hungover with no idea what I did the night before and with 37 stitches in my penis.

Dirty You do realise that your reflection was underage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

If you're going as a male/female pair and are prepared to put the work in, the choice is clear:

http://www.desktoprating.com/wallpapers/anime-wallpapers-pictures/harley-quinn-joker-wallpaper.jpg

I go as a Batman villian every year. Two years ago it was the Penguin; that was easy. Last year I went as Two-Face. Hard work and expensive, but it looked damn good. I won the contest I was at. The Riddler this year.

Actually, now that I'm here, maybe you guys can help. Anyone have any idea where I could get a green jacket (short of winning the US Masters) and bowler hat? I'm going for this Riddler:

http://www.toymania.com/custom/Galleries/Simon/Simon1/riddleranimated.JPG

As opposed to this one:

http://www.cult.tv/images/riddler.jpg

Any help appreciated.

Wacker wrote:
    Actually, now that I'm here, maybe you guys can help. Anyone have any idea where I could get a green jacket (short of winning the US Masters) and bowler hat? I'm going for this Riddler:

http://www.toymania.com/custom/Galleries/Simon/Simon1/riddleranimated.JPG

As opposed to this one:

http://www.cult.tv/images/riddler.jpg

Any help appreciated.

And definately as opposed to this one ?
    http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/ee/150px-Riddler-carrey.jpg
    :D

Second hand shops/Charity might provide a score on the jacket front - couple of friends picked up plenty of odd coloured suits over the years from varios charity shops.

The hat on the other hand is infinitely harder. Could be a special buy in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

The dead ballerina sounds cool! Or I was thinking of actually going to a halloween party I am the DJ for as Marilyn Manson or wearing my Tux! What does everyone think? Or have you any better ideas? Bear in mind I am going to be working, using headphones & mic, so has to be practical. I can't wear a full face mask!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gillo wrote:
    Dirty You do realise that your reflection was underage

As long as the cops don't see the video it's all good.

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    The dead ballerina sounds cool! Or I was thinking of actually going to a halloween party I am the DJ for as Marilyn Manson or wearing my Tux! What does everyone think? Or have you any better ideas? Bear in mind I am going to be working, using headphones & mic, so has to be practical. I can't wear a full face mask!
    The tux is lame, in my opinion. You'll get about five people at every costume party who try that. Also, Marilyn Mansom is sooo five years ago!
    In my opinion, you're better off going as a fictional character. Go as Liono or something. T'would be awesome.

Sorry for being blonde, but who is Liono? Also I said I would wear my Tux as has to be practical for being the DJ. Also would tie in with my 00DJ! just check my website to see what I mean.

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Sorry for being blonde, but who is Liono? Also I said I would wear my Tux as has to be practical for being the DJ. Also would tie in with my 00DJ! just check my website to see what I mean.
    The leader of the Thundercats! Something tells me you're of a different age bracket to myself.

• Advertisement

DOH! of course, I remember, 'Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats, HOOOOE!' I liked Snarf best though! Oh and I'm 41! but fell like a 18 yr old, know where I can find one?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emzy

if u are handy with needle and thread try half man and half woman

or bosco

or golly wog(think thats the names of them ya no the black rag dolls)

im also lookin for costume i want to go as snow white im in wicklow area any ideas wer i cud get one or a web site that takes laser???cheers:D

emzy, try eBay, but with the postal strikes in the UK you might not get it, google for 'fancy dress laser' usually brings up some results

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

go as bat man and bat girl except with a difference, stuff lots of pillows in the costume and go as fat bats.

emzy wrote: »
    if u are handy with needle and thread try half man and half woman

or bosco

im also lookin for costume i want to go as snow white im in wicklow area any ideas wer i cud get one or a web site that takes laser???cheers:D

dont know if its much use to you, but there is a party shop in clondalkin that does fancy dress costumes and a one in leixlip as well, both are listed in the golden pages. think stuff from Ebay is ok as regards the postage cause its been sent as packets which isnt effected. I got my wig in the post yesterday frm a seller in the uk, no delays :D

Emzy, is it something like this you are looking for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Board-in-work

Something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

Something like this?

Yeah i've seen that before. except they were accompanied by osama and bush holding hands. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

emzy wrote: »

I tried the Whole Minstral thing last year... Man that didn't go well, walked upto the bar and there was a black guy there about 6"5 standing beside me....

D'oh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We hav a fancy dress party annually for Halloween and just an idea for a pair is the 11850 guys, Nifty and Fifty. All U would need is the two red wigs, Moustaches and tacky green coloured track suits with the 118 and 50 on a white background. Hope this helps!

Advertisement