Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who makes the notes on RootsIreland baptismal records?

Options
  • 07-01-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

There is an incorrect entry in the "Notes" section of my grandfather's 1911 baptismal record on RootsIreland.
    It states that he was married in London. My grandfather's marriage cert shows he married in Cavan about 20 miles from where he was born (not the same parish).

There is no link to an image so I'm wondering who makes these notes? Is the transcriber seeing that info pencilled onto the orginal baptismal record? Or did some later researcher add the info?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It should only show notes made on the parish register. It's possible the transcriber put a note on the wrong entry though. I'd email Rootsireland in Cavan and point it out.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement