Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

10 goals in 12 league games.

Or 7 in the last 11, if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

So who would u replace arteta with thats "available"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

A lot of the crowd left early.
    Others stayed to boo.

Arteta’s tenure is very shaky now.

The crowd back atleast allows some fans get our feeling across

It was an experiment and it’s over. As someone said Eddie Howe is a higher quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,061 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Allegri

But with these players there is no point. The manager isn't the biggest problem at the club.

Changing the manager is not the answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

If you boo though it means you're poisonous and no better than AFTV. Apparently.

• Advertisement

Poch?
    Allegri?

There’s a lot of better managers out there depending on how ambitious you want to be and pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,267 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We have 13 points out of a possible 36.
    That’s pathetic for a club like Arsenal.
    Lowest since the early 50’s.

I can’t see him surviving tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Quazzie wrote: »
    Allegri

But with these players there is no point. The manager isn't the biggest problem at the club.

What do you think should happen? Should Arteta continue even though things are steadily getting worse or what is the answer in your opinion?

Allegri

HIT ON THE ****ING NAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

I'm against booing but they had every right to boo the players and especially xhaka tonight. To think that man (I use the word man loosely) still gets handed the captain's armband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Allegri, Poch and Hasenhuttl should be top of the list.

Hate to say this but maybe even...Rodgers.

wonga77 wrote: »
    What do you think should happen? Should Arteta continue even though things are steadily getting worse or what is the answer in your opinion?

we should continue, else you get allegri, get a nice boost for 6months and watch us fold again after that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

omega man wrote: »
    We’re 5 points above relegation. It’s not all about the players. They’re good enough for top 7 minimum. Arteta isn’t even pep light.

These players were good enough to win the cup in what July? August? 12 league games later they can't string 2 passes together. I would question the manager, but they pulled the same shìt under Emery. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

Sums it up sadly.

Daniel Harris
    @DanielHarris
    Arteta was given a rare opportunity: six months with no pressure on results to work out his best team and his best system. But instead he gave game-time to players who were never going to take him where he wanted to go, and the consequence of that is the mess we're seeing now.

none of those managers would make this team do any better

There’s a weird snobbery about Rodgers but he’s a great shout

omega man wrote: »
    Sums it up sadly.

Daniel Harris
    @DanielHarris
    Arteta was given a rare opportunity: six months with no pressure on results to work out his best team and his best system. But instead he gave game-time to players who were never going to take him where he wanted to go, and the consequence of that is the mess we're seeing now.

It was the only players available....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Soups123 wrote: »

Good coach but talks absolute rubbish.

Honestly he shoud drop the first team on wed, play the europa team.

The issue with that is that Dundalk with all due respect to them, are a far cry from the Premier League so it would be a sobering reality check. Three years ago, we had a group of youngsters that won in Belgrade and amongst them was the likes of Willock and Nketiah who haven't evolved in the first-team environment.

The root of the problem is the flaky useless senior players at the club and one toxic German in particular who goes missing in matches but has plenty to say on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

Some of us were laughed at when we mentioned him post Wenger and again pre Arteta.
    I fear we won’t attract even his level now never mind Poch etc

• Advertisement

we should continue, else you get allegri, get a nice boost for 6months and watch us fold again after that....

So go blindly into a relegation battle and accept nobody in the footballing world can improve this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Burnley's first (away) win against Arsenal since 1974

First 4 consecutive home game defeats since 1959

Hopefully this is rock bottom or is it? Southampton and Everton next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Hahahaha. Did anyone just hear the story Evra told?

He went around to Henry's house to watch an Arsenal match, and when Thierry saw Xhaka captaining the team, he turned the TV off. Evra asked why, and Thierry said he can't watch Xhaka captaining his team.

Hilarious if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,061 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The players go home tonight, wake up tomorrow to a day off. Then Tuesday they begin preparation for the match Wednesday. After the match on Wednesday they do the same. Arteta has no chance to coach them at all.

The players are the ones who aren't performing. Arteta is naming the strongest XI on paper tonight. Willian is the only one I'd question but there is no better replacement in the squad. Lads on here getting a horn for players because they done well against Dundalk. They still conceded 2 against a glorified pub team in relation to Arsenal. The blame for tonight's loss is on the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

I have talksport on now and the fans are livid. Get Pochettino in they say. He'd be great for us. Arteta's gone boys, it won't be long now. We've hit rock bottom and the only way is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

In fairness to John Giles, he had Xacha sussed early on and insisted he should have been shown the exit door years ago.

The root of the problem is the flaky useless senior players at the club and one toxic German in particular who goes missing in matches but has plenty to say on social media.

Whats ironic is that ever since Arteta ommmited Ozil from the 25 man squad, arsenal turned ****.....

The players go home tonight, wake up tomorrow to a day off. Then Tuesday they begin preparation for the match Wednesday. After the match on Wednesday they do the same. Arteta has no chance to coach them at all.

The players are the ones who aren't performing. Arteta is naming the strongest XI on paper tonight. Willian is the only one I'd question but there is no better replacement in the squad. Lads on here getting a horn for players because they done well against Dundalk. They still conceded 2 against a glorified pub team in relation to Arsenal. The blame for tonight's loss is on the players.

Sorry Quazzie I agree with some of your points but Arteta is the man charged with preparing the team, game plan and team selection. A lot of it IS his fault. He’s been managing them for over a year now and should really have some handle on it.

• Advertisement

I think you're being extremely easy on Arteta there. He's been in charge long enough now to have made some kind of stamp on the team. We have no style or direction to our play at all, even the basic elements of our play has regressed.
    We have no defined style of play, its not possession based, its not defensively minded and definitely not attack minded. The clamour for other players is for them to at least get a shot, we cant keep putting out the same 11 every week and hoping for a miracle (unless he's seeing something in training that's just not translating to the field of play)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Our next four games:

Southampton
    Everton
    Man City
    Chelsea

Based on our performances in the last 5 matches, can anyone see how we're going to get even a draw out of any of those 4 games?

I can't see us turning it around. There's no sign whatsoever that we're improving in any way.

Too much bull here, what a lame excuse for Arteta he hasn’t enough time to coach the team? Seriously?

A cheap dig at lads saying mix up the 11 with squad players. What you offering up as a suggestion?

Whats ironic is that ever since Arteta ommmited Ozil from the 25 man squad, arsenal turned ****.....

Didn’t AMN tweet that the entire panel were behind Ozil about a month ago.
    Something going on behind the scenes at Arsenal.
    It could be the political thing that the owners didn’t like and Ozil was banished as a result. Just my twopence worth but something is definitely wrong at the club.

El Sueño wrote: »
    Our next four games:

Southampton
    Everton
    Man City
    Chelsea

Based on our performances in the last 5 matches, can anyone see how we're going to get even a draw out of any of those 4 games?

I can't see us turning it around. There's no sign whatsoever that we're improving in any way.

The way things are, it wont surprise me if we actually won all those lol

It could be the political thing that the owners didn’t like and Ozil was banished as a result. Just my twopence worth but something is definitely wrong at the club.

And i doubt is Arteta fault has ozil beef is with the owners dont forget

• Advertisement

I think too many players got banished Ozil, Gendouizi, Saliba even Papa. That’s a lot of problems to have early doors and has clearly erked too many players.

And i doubt is Arteta fault has ozil beef is with the owners dont forget

Sorry Jonny I can’t make that out.

I think too many players got banished Ozil, Gendouizi, Saliba even Papa. That’s a lot of problems to have early doors and has clearly erked too many players.

Well how are we supposed to reove dead wood then?
    You guys complain that we should get rid of xhaka but as you just pointed out, getting rid of too many is also a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

I'm worried, very very worried and I'm extremely positive about arsenal and the growth of the club. He has till Christmas day now to get us up that table or I'm fully behind the get poch in brigade.

Drop Willian
    Drop Bellerin
    Drop Holden
    Drop Xhaka
    Drop laca

Even these simple changes will get me more behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I see there's a Spurs fan thanking every negative post in the thread.

As sad as that is I can understand it, they'll be winning SFA so the highlight of their season will be watching us struggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Walcott might finish Arteta off on Wednesday night if he's not gone in the morning.

You guys complain that we should get rid of xhaka but as you just pointed out, getting rid of too many is also a problem?

We got rid of none of that 4!! They are all still with the club 3 of them with the reserves and u23s. Leaving them to rot is a lot worse than selling

Gendouizi got a hard deal, Xhaka was let off for worse.

If Ozil was on there tonight I’d say we’d have won. He’s the only creative player we have even if he’s inconsistent.
    He’s been banished for some reason which must be very serious (off the field)
    yet Xhaka was reinstated for a serious incident on the field and then reinstated as captain only to do another stupid act on the field.
    Hard to understand really.

There's a difference between dropping players for playing crap and freezing players out but keeping them on the books.
    Somethings going on behind the scenes that has affected the players anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Just want Arteta to actually reward those player performing well and drop these lot who time and time again not put in the effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

As sad as that is I can understand it, they'll be winning SFA so the highlight of their season will be watching us struggle.

Rent free.

We got rid of none of that 4!! They are all still with the club 3 of them with the reserves and u23s. Leaving them to rot is a lot worse than selling

Gendouizi got a hard deal, Xhaka was let off for worse.

Bro you cant blame arteta for buying and selling players!! it aint his money ffs.

Ah that’s Davy.
    He’s our house pet. No harm in him.

If Ozil was on there tonight I’d say we’d have won. He’s the only creative player we have even if he’s inconsistent.
    He’s been banished for some reason which must be very serious (off the field)
    yet Xhaka was reinstated for a serious incident on the field and then reinstated as captain only to do another stupid act on the field.
    Hard to understand really.

Ozil is all down to the China comments, 100% right but football has no room for politics.

The club forced that not Arteta and I think that’s destroyed the positive morale in the club as they will agree wholeheartedly with what Arteta said and be disgusted that he’s been treated this way for it

When the club took this stance they had to replace him with another creative player but didn’t.

I also think the redundancies, wage cuts and at the time even dropping the mascot it’s all accumulating into an negative environment when all the Arteta talk was of bringing the club together

There's a difference between dropping players for playing crap and freezing players out but keeping them on the books.
    Somethings going on behind the scenes that has affected the players anyway

You honestly think managers these days are responsible of keeping players on the books, paying there salary etc lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement