Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Record an Internal Noise Disturbance

Options
  • 09-08-2018 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Much like the noisy neighbour thread I'm having some issues with my own. We both own our own homes which are on a terrace. The issue I have is that all hours of the night, it could be 12am, 3am, 5am etc she'll start slamming her internal doors in what seems like a fit of rage and then quite often gets into her SUV in first gear revving the bejaysus out of it.
    While I can record what happens outside on a camera, what's the best way to capture the internal audio? It's really getting ridiculous at this stage. he's waking up both my daughter and partner.

I plan on documenting the disturbances and then seeing if I can go to a local or district court.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭M.Cribben

Have you tried letting them know (in a calm, non-confrontational manner) it's disturbing your family?
    I find the majority of people are quite reasonable when you approach them with such issues. They may not even be aware you can hear the internal noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

M.Cribben wrote: »
    Have you tried letting them know (in a calm, non-confrontational manner) it's disturbing your family?
    I find the majority of people are quite reasonable when you approach them with such issues. They may not even be aware you can hear the internal noise.

I have indeed, on two occasions. As I mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago, this particular person has had a lot of stress in the last few years and I think they are going through something. On both occasions that we spoke to them, they weren't very pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You can do a lot, take them to court and if they continue, you have to rely on the ever efficient and helpful government agency's.

http://www.flac.ie/download/pdf/neighbour_disputes.pdf

What happens if my neighbour ignores the court order and continues with the noise?

However a private citizen cannot bring a case before the courts that may result in a criminal sanction on a fellow citizen. The criminal prosecution will need to be brought by the Environment Protection Agency. If the problem is continuing for you, you should contact your local authority.

Advertisement