Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saorview

Options
  • 24-09-2011 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi everyone, this is my first post so i hope i get it right.why is everything recorded on saorview have a .tsv extension? anyway to change the file
    extension so it would play on windows media player?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I think vlc media player which is free will play tsv files

http://www.videolan.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

A tab-separated values file is a simple text format for a database table....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tab-separated_values

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

I recorded a program on my hard drive through a triax tr112 set top box and I cant play the file on my laptop. Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pat.folan

Use Handbrake to convert the file to MP4 or some other format your laptop can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gally

Has anybody managed to play a .TSV file from a Triax,Tower or Xoro "Saorview" box.I,ve tried Handbrake and many other programs with no success.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Record 1 minute of it and upload it here or on a mediafire type site and I'll have a look at it.

I have never heard of this format.

I presume you tried renaming it to .TS and playing it with VLC.

Also, check the record menu to see if it allows for different formats of recording to be chosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

As already said VLC player will play them get it here

http://www.videolan.org/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pat.folan

gally wrote: »
    Has anybody managed to play a .TSV file from a Triax,Tower or Xoro "Saorview" box.I,ve tried Handbrake and many other programs with no success.

Yes, I used handbrake to convert a .tsv created on a Triax Saorview box. I think I may have had to manually change the .tsv extension to .ts for it to work. It was a while ago so I am not 100% sure.

I had tried using the VLC player to no avail. Handbrake was the solution in my case.

VLC wo,nt play them .Renamed them TS etc.I,ve uploaded a file here:http://www.mediafire.com/?m3zibs70wi7ogtr
    Maybe someone would have a look at it please?I believe an earlier version of the software in the box allowed these files to be seen on a pc.The TRIAX,XORO and Tower use the same software I,m led to believe.My box which works very well apart from the above problem is a Tower TR HD1700.It would be nice to be able to burn the odd programme to DVD.
    Heres hoping some computer whiz can help out.Tried Gomplayer also.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

murphyman wrote: »
    hi everyone, this is my first post so i hope i get it right.

It helps when the title of a post contains as much detail as possible. That way you don't waste time opening threads that are of no interest.

Something like "How to play Saorview .tsv files"

Good luck on boards:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

VLC wo,nt play them .Renamed them TS etc.I,ve uploaded a file here:http://www.mediafire.com/?m3zibs70wi7ogtr
    Maybe someone would have a look at it please?I believe an earlier version of the software in the box allowed these files to be seen on a pc.The TRIAX,XORO and Tower use the same software I,m led to believe.My box which works very well apart from the above problem is a Tower TR HD1700.It would be nice to be able to burn the odd programme to DVD.
    Heres hoping some computer whiz can help out.Tried Gomplayer also.

Thanks.

The error I get is
    [h264 @ 0x9e424c0] non-existing PPS referenced
    [h264 @ 0x9e424c0] non-existing PPS 0 referenced
    [h264 @ 0x9e424c0] decode_slice_header error
    [h264 @ 0x9e424c0] no frame!

The problem, as I understand it, is that (in the case of streaming) if sps/pps is lost no decoder can decode the H264 video, hence I'm getting the error "non-existing PPS referenced".

Otherwise the file info is ...
    General
    ID                                       : 1001 (0x3E9)
    Complete name                      :RTÉ One-Irish Open Golf(20120628_162504).
    Format                                   : MPEG-TS
    File size                                : 16.3 MiB
    Duration                                 : 52s 940ms
    Overall bit rate                         : 2 583 Kbps

Video
    ID                                       : 1101 (0x44D)
    Menu ID                                  : 1101 (0x44D)
    Format                                   : AVC
    Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile                           : Main@L3.0
    Codec ID                                 : 27
    Duration                                 : 52s 940ms
    Bit rate                                 : 2 261 Kbps
    Stream size                              : 14.3 MiB (88%)

Audio
    ID                                       : 1201 (0x4B1)
    Format                                   : MPEG Audio
    Format version                           : Version 1
    Format profile                           : Layer 2
    Codec ID                                 : 3
    Duration                                 : 52s 920ms
    Bit rate mode                            : Constant
    Bit rate                                 : 192 Kbps
    Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
    Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Delay relative to video                  : -1s 363ms
    Stream size                              : 1.21 MiB (7%)
    Language                                 : English

Text #1
    ID                                       : 1301 (0x515)-100
    Format                                   : Teletext

Text #2
    ID                                       : 1301 (0x515)-888
    Format                                   : Teletext Subtitle

Menu
    ID                                       : 1901 (0x76D)
    List                                     : 1101 (0x44D) (AVC) / 1201 (0x4B1) (MPEG Audio, English) / 1301 (0x515) ()
    Language                                 :  / English

Not sure where to go from there ......

Is there an 'index' file stored with the video file? It might be *possible* to use it in conjunction with the video to re-introduce the lost info.

see this thread....multiple ones open

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056685255

Seems to be the same answer on both ...... the fault is with the saving of the file.

But, if the Triax/XORO/Tower can play the files then surely it must be possible to arrange other software to play them also?

Seems to be the same answer on both ...... the fault is with the saving of the file.

But, if the Triax/XORO/Tower can play the files then surely it must be possible to arrange other software to play them also?

My response in the other thread goes into more detail.

The PCR PID is missing because the receiver has filtered out the PCR.

No software that I know including stream fixing can rebuild a PCR that doesnt exist.

This is a glitch in the firmware of the box(es). It existed on Technisat boxes in the past.

The problem with the Tower is tracking down the OEM and getting them to fix it. In any event people are talking at cross purposes here. Triax software and Tower and Xoro might not be the same. Even if it were then it might be fixed on one but not the other. And again assuming they are the same software, they are probably not interchangable as most software has hardware IDs built in to protect from cloning/interchanging the software.

STB wrote: »
    My response in the other thread goes into more detail.

No software that I know including stream fixing can rebuild a PCR that doesnt exist.

I know of none either ..... but that was not my point.
    This is a glitch in the firmware of the box(es). It existed on Technisat boxes in the past.

Maybe a glitch ...... maybe deliberate ..... the result is the same.
    It is not uncommon for parties to encrypt or otherwise make such files unusable on other devices.

The problem with the Tower is tracking down the OEM and getting them to fix it. In any event people are talking at cross purposes here. Triax software and Tower and Xoro might not be the same. Even if it were then it might be fixed on one but not the other. And again assuming they are the same software, they are probably not interchangable as most software has hardware IDs built in to protect from cloning/interchanging the software.

If the needed info is removed, then how does the STB itself play the file after it has been recorded?
    The info must somehow be reinserted?

My thought was that if it can be done in the STB then surely it could be done outside of the STB, and allow the file to be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hershmab

STB wrote: »
    ....My response in the other thread goes into more detail.

I have just had the same problem with recordings made on a Triax TR112.

But I found that AVSConverter from http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx will convert the .TSV files to virtually any video format without any questions or problems.

It is not freeware but the price of US$59 for that program and 17 other related tools seems well worth paying

The Triax TR112 produces recordings of radio shows in .TSA format. There is an AVS4You Audio Converter that recognizes this format and will convert it into any other common audio format of your choice.

That program is another of the 18 programs included in the AVS4You package that I quoted in my previous post - at no extra cost!

That solves all my Saorview problems so far. I hope it does the same for the rest of the contributors.

http://www.xmedia-recode.de/download.html

Xmedia recode is far more versatile and FREE :)

I,m afraid having tried both programs above, TSV files are not visible!I then select "all files" click "Recode now". and get the message "no video files found" .Cant remember exact message.I must check with the supplier but I think he said Triax firmware updates will work with my Tower box.In case I,m doing something stupid are there any special settings in either program that might get me out of this hole.
    Thanks again fellas.

I,m afraid having tried both programs above, TSV files are not visible!I then select "all files" click "Recode now". and get the message "no video files found" .Cant remember exact message.I must check with the supplier but I think he said Triax firmware updates will work with my Tower box.In case I,m doing something stupid are there any special settings in either program that might get me out of this hole.
    Thanks again fellas.

According to this a TSV file is a text/database file

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/tsv

Many boxes use a TRP or TS file.

• Advertisement

This is a short file I uploaded previously.Would you try to recode it please.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m3zibs70wi7ogtr

http://www.xmedia-recode.de/download.html

Xmedia recode is far more versatile and FREE :)
    I have just tried Xmedia-recode and immediately met two insurmountable problems:
    1. It does not recognize TSV or TSA as valid extensions and so will not open Saorview files at all - not even if they are dragged into its open window.
    2. The only Help available for it is in German and it makes no provision for other languages

Any luck with AVSConverter?

Neither AVSConverter nor Xmedia-recode would recognise the file here.

AVSConverter tried but found no video in it.

This is a short file I uploaded previously.Would you try to recode it please.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m3zibs70wi7ogtr

According to TSDoctor the PCR is missing. This means it can only be replayed on it's original machine. See STB's posting number 15 above.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79494346&postcount=15

I wonder Hershmab why AVS worked for you with the Triax .TSV file. Is the Tower TSV file different?I think early firmware on the Triax allowed PC compatibility.By the way my firmware appears to be for New Zealand so the plot thickens!
    P.S NZ has the same system as Saorview apparently.

Neither AVSConverter nor Xmedia-recode would recognise the file here.

AVSConverter tried but found no video in it.

Johnboy1951, Can you provide me with a (short and suitably innocuous) example of your own TSV files that I can process on my Windows 7 PC? There should at least be some clues to the differences between my Triax files and your own versions.

To preserve the exact contents of a file, I suggest you add a .TXT extension to the original filename.

hershmab wrote: »
    Johnboy1951, Can you provide me with a (short and suitably innocuous) example of your own TSV files that I can process on my Windows 7 PC? There should at least be some clues to the differences between my Triax files and your own versions.

To preserve the exact contents of a file, I suggest you add a .TXT extension to the original filename.

Unfortunately not :(

I use an Ariva STB which does not mess with the files.
    It records the stream as broadcast.
    I also record on the PC from a USB dongle.
    So I don't have your problem, but many do, and I was interested why.

The tests I did were on a few files I downloaded ..... including a bunch from NZ.

All had the same problem, and I found only one claim that some software did manage those files, but when I checked the blurb from the seller there was no mention of TSV files.

As of now, I have found nothing that will deal with the files ..... I suspect what is needed is for someone to dig into what those boxes are doing, and more particularly how they reverse it for playback, so it can be duplicated outside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fisk166

hi
    i recently purchased Tower TR HD1700 but found i could not convert .tsv files to any other format or play them in pc. I needed another box & got the same one except it is called Tower TR HD1700+ this now allows me to record from pvr and i can convert files to dvd using convertx if i change extension from .tsv to .ts (obviously there has been a firmware upgrade. fortunately the 1st box i purchased was only a week ago so the seller agreed for me to switch to the newer version. so now i have 2 Tower TR HD1700+

hope this helps

• Advertisement

fisk166 wrote: »
    hi
    i recently purchased Tower TR HD1700 but found i could not convert .tsv files to any other format or play them in pc. I needed another box & got the same one except it is called Tower TR HD1700+ this now allows me to record from pvr and i can convert files to dvd using convertx if i change extension from .tsv to .ts (obviously there has been a firmware upgrade. fortunately the 1st box i purchased was only a week ago so the seller agreed for me to switch to the newer version. so now i have 2 Tower TR HD1700+

hope this helps
    This helps a lot.I wonder if there's a firmware upgrade to apply to the hd1700 which will solve my problems ?Or do you have a site which has the firmware?thanks for your input.
    Gally

Advertisement