Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NOTE: New forum Moderator- WELCOME

Options
  • 02-06-2015 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭

To help the Genealogy forum progress and develop I would like to both welcome and thank 'pinkypinky' who is taking on the role of Genealogy forum Moderator.

pinkypinky has already been involved in the updating of forum stickies as well as helping with general enquiries. I was aware for a while that I had not spent adequate time on Genealogy so pinkypinky will now keep all in order.

Thanks Pinky and best of luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Perfect for the role! Congratulations Pinky. Your contributions help make the forum, so it's only right that you should be at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Easiest Mod job on Boards? :p We're a pretty civil lot. :)

Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Welcome Pinky.

Great to have you on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

mod9maple wrote: »
    Easiest Mod job on Boards? :p We're a pretty civil lot. :)...
    But now that we have our very own mod ...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I look forward to your moderation pinky - something that's been sadly lacking in this forum recently.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭VicWynne

:) Best of luck PinkyPinky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Hermy wrote: »
    I look forward to your moderation pinky - something that's been sadly lacking in this forum recently.

Agreed, delighted also to see Pinky's elevation, we will now have to bow to more than her knowledge:)...but not sure that the Geno forum was lacking recently, whereas the other one............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

...but not sure that the Geno forum was lacking recently, whereas the other one............

Take your complaints to the feedback forum Pedro- that is what feedback is for. Do not post them or any other irrelevant information here.
    -Lest it be unclear this thread is not for feedback- it is quite clearly a note to forum users that we are welcoming a Genealogy forum moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Congratulations Pinky. S'funny really, 'cos I always thought you were already a Mod. Best of luck.

Advertisement