Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit problems since new form

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

I figured this out, I only had 3 waiting days on my IB claim as supposed to the 6 days, as I was on MB.

Awaiting their response on twitter, my dependants were not added.

My claim was dealt with within 10 workings days... so, seems they are on top of things.
    irishfemme wrote: »
    What day is illness benefit paid exactly? Got half payment from 27th - on thur 30th jan. and now, full payment on saturday 1st feb. (due on monday 3rd Feb).
    I assumed the thursday payment was from monday -wed ? Half payment?
    And every payment would run from thursday to Wednesday like JB?
    I was expecting next payment on thur, the 6th of feb.
    I am soo confused, also, I am not being paid for my child dependants.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Pay Dirt

They replied to me on Twitter and said they'd get someone to call but they still haven't :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Pay Dirt wrote: »
    They replied to me on Twitter and said they'd get someone to call but they still haven't :-(

Don't worry they will call - if you don't hear anything today get back on twitter tomorrow

I got through to them myself as they weren't calling

I spoke to a extremely rude and confrontational woman who couldn't give me an explanation as to why I didn't receive a payment last week, mumbled something about escalating it to another department or supervisor that would take 5 working days while all the while giving me no resolution and justification for leaving me with absolutely no payment.

When she couldn't give me an explanation she mumbled something about them possibly paying me for 2 weeks instead of 1 at the start of my claim last year, that I was in debt for that week, that it's now come to light, and they've taken the payment back.

If this is the case, can they do that? Give me no prior warning, just decide to stop a payment without any notification whatsoever?

For the record I 100% did not receive any double payment, this is something you would remember. Also she saidmy normal payment will resume this Friday so its not as if theres an investigation into my claim- they've just stopped a full week and resumed with the payment

Just seems like they've stopped this payment, with no consideration or notification - obviously we all have bills to pay and living expenses so to just stop a week like this seems ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Check your bank statements to make sure you did not receive any double payments in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭claregal1

ibsupportcc@welfare.ie
    Hi guys that's the email address for the call centre ..if you know the name of the person you were talking to , address it to the attention of and it will be sent to that person .
    I too was having difficulty where they said they weren't receiving my forms etc. I eventually got through to a lady that gave me that email address and her first name and my claim was dealt with and back payment etc received within 3 working days .

hawthorne wrote: »
    Check your bank statements to make sure you did not receive any double payments in the past.

100% I did not receive any double payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I got through to them myself as they weren't calling

I spoke to a extremely rude and confrontational woman who couldn't give me an explanation as to why I didn't receive a payment last week, mumbled something about escalating it to another department or supervisor that would take 5 working days while all the while giving me no resolution and justification for leaving me with absolutely no payment.

When she couldn't give me an explanation she mumbled something about them possibly paying me for 2 weeks instead of 1 at the start of my claim last year, that I was in debt for that week, that it's now come to light, and they've taken the payment back.

If this is the case, can they do that? Give me no prior warning, just decide to stop a payment without any notification whatsoever?

For the record I 100% did not receive any double payment, this is something you would remember. Also she saidmy normal payment will resume this Friday so its not as if theres an investigation into my claim- they've just stopped a full week and resumed with the payment

Just seems like they've stopped this payment, with no consideration or notification - obviously we all have bills to pay and living expenses so to just stop a week like this seems ridiculous

That doesn't sound right. I don't think they communicate to each other at all. They messed up my payment many times. Their suggestion was to borrow from family or friends. Then the worst one, Being told i can just eat cornflakes untill my payment comes through.

It's like some of them forget that we are human. I've being paying PRSI since i was 16. You would think it was their own money ffs.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right. I don't think they communicate to each other at all. They messed up my payment many times. Their suggestion was to borrow from family or friends. Then the worst one, Being told i can just eat cornflakes untill my payment comes through.

It's like some of them forget that we are human. I've being paying PRSI since i was 16. You would think it was their own money ffs.
    Every call is recorded . I know this because I worked in the Revenue Call Centre and calls can and will be played back if you make a complaint. All IT need is your phone number to trace a call .
    That's disgraceful customer service....

claregal1 wrote: »
    Every call is recorded . I know this because I worked in the Revenue Call Centre and calls can and will be played back if you make a complaint. All IT need is your phone number to trace a call .
    That's disgraceful customer service....

This wasn't over the phone. This was face to face to a community welfare officer. I do not know how i managed to keep my calm.

• Advertisement

This wasn't over the phone. This was face to face to a community welfare officer. I do not know how i managed to keep my calm.

I would still make a complaint, that's awful.
    I'm shocked at that to be honest .

I've now had 6 back and forths on Twitter in the last 36 hours with each message being an assurance it's been passed on to the relevant department and I would get a call - still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

Unfortunately, I didn't get a call back too but my issue has been resolved.
    I've now had 6 back and forths on Twitter in the last 36 hours with each message being an assurance it's been passed on to the relevant department and I would get a call - still nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Did you not go to the CWO to apply for an SWA?

splinter65 wrote: »
    Did you not go to the CWO to apply for an SWA?

Can the CWO pay me?

I heard you now have to make an appointment with them in advanced?

I'm based in Dublin City Centre and the CWO sit daily

Can the CWO pay me?

I heard you now have to make an appointment with them in advanced?

I'm based in Dublin City Centre and the CWO sit daily

See this is the problem. When the IB dept. called me they advised me to go to the CWO to get SWA. They wouldn't give it to me. And being sick it wasn't easy for me to go to their office too.

My local intreo centre just requires you to take a ticket on arrival and wait to be seen. But the last was a wasted journey.

See this is the problem. When the IB dept. called me they advised me to go to the CWO to get SWA. They wouldn't give it to me. And being sick it wasn't easy for me to go to their office too.

My local intreo centre just requires you to take a ticket on arrival and wait to be seen. But the last was a wasted journey.

My Intreo Centre is just round the corner and CWO sits from 10-12 daily so I will pop in tomorrow and ask for SWA Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

Hi there, I wonder can anyone help because I'm stressed that my money wont come in next week.. So my IB cert runs out on Sunday 1st of March and I was with my doctor last week who told me that he is putting me on another 6 month cert but he has to do it all online now and there is no more actual paper certs to send off anymore?
    He asked me to ring into the GP office on tues or wednesday (which I did) to remind him to put the cert through.. I have already received a text from IB telling me that if I am to continue receiving IB that I must send in my next cert by the 2nd of March, but as I mentioned earlier that certs are no longer needed to be sent in?
    Maybe its just me and I'm stressing for nothing. Has anyone else dealt with their doctor doing it online and not sending off a cert to IB and how did it go?

When will the increase to €305 be made available does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

When will the increase to €305 be made available does anyone know?

My understanding is that it's only for those who are on a 14 day isolation - but I could be wrong.
    Either way the legislation needs to be introduced, pass the Dail and Seanad, and be enacted first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

Illness benefit is about 230 EUR and to get 305 EUR is 75 EUR extra at approximately 5euro increase per year if you're lucky ,so probably 15 years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

horse7 wrote: »
    Illness benefit is about 230 EUR and to get 305 EUR is 75 EUR extra at approximately 5euro increase per year if you're lucky ,so probably 15 years time.

Its currently €205

horse7 wrote: »

It's €203...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

Sorry 203, from 305 is say 100 in the difference at 5 per year is 20 years time.

It’s only for people who have to self isolate for 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

That's my understanding as well based on the Taoiseach's announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Source?

They had a SW spokeswoman on RTE's "Drivetime" this afternoon. She said the increased payment is only for those who work and who have to self-isolate.
    Those people who are already on IB due to other reasons won't get any increase on top of their current payment.

Source?

I heard the Tanaiste announce it on Newstalk. I just heard the specific details reported on the 9 o’clock news.
    The only people getting the €305 are those affected by the virus.

Yes. How many people are going to self isolate now i wonder.

• Advertisement

My cert is up this week but I may not be able to get to my Gp's next week, get a cert and hand it in

Is there any grace period or dispensation considering what's going on at the moment or is it still a case of 'dont get your cert in, dont get paid'?

My cert is up this week but I may not be able to get to my Gp's next week, get a cert and hand it in

Is there any grace period or dispensation considering what's going on at the moment or is it still a case of 'dont get your cert in, dont get paid'?

You’ll have to ring your local office in the morning, they’ll know.

I haven't been paid yet. Usually it goes in late Thursday night/Friday morning. This is all i need now.:(

My cert has been lost in the post or misplaced in their office. So that is why i did not get payment.
    Luckily they called me back quickly and i had already taken pictures of the cert so hope that will do for them.

But i am not sure how quickly this will be put through. All i need now really. Had planned to do normal shopping and by a small present for my Mother as it's her birthday on Sunday but cannot now.

Guys

my GP's surgery has abruptly closed and she is taking only a backlog of house calls this week apparently so I can't go to her surgery and get my monthly cert.

My last one expired last week so how does this play out? Are IB going to give a week or two grace period to get certs in or will i not get a payment due to lack of cert?

Thanks

Guys

my GP's surgery has abruptly closed and she is taking only a backlog of house calls this week apparently so I can't go to her surgery and get my monthly cert.

My last one expired last week so how does this play out? Are IB going to give a week or two grace period to get certs in or will i not get a payment due to lack of cert?

Thanks

Contact your local INTREO office they’ll know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭didntgotoplan

This is my first time claiming illness benefit and I've been off since the first week of March. I got a payment the Saturday before Paddys Day but nothing since. I know with the state the world is in that there might be delays, but any idea on when it will be paid?

Thanks

This is my first time claiming illness benefit and I've been off since the first week of March. I got a payment the Saturday before Paddys Day but nothing since. I know with the state the world is in that there might be delays, but any idea on when it will be paid?

Thanks

Hit them up on twitter with your problem, telephone number and pps number

Just a note for everyone that they are moving to fortnightly payments

I am f*cked. My stamps run out at the end of this month and they have not processed my new claim yet. Apparently they have lost it. Now with so more applicants i don't know what will happen.

• Advertisement

I am f*cked. My stamps run out at the end of this month and they have not processed my new claim yet. Apparently they have lost it. Now with so more applicants i don't know what will happen.

What did you claim for?

What did you claim for?

Invalidity benefit as advised by my GP and citizens advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Just as a matter of this happening a lot with sent in forms, i now take photos of all documents before i sent them in, you will have to re send everything again, there is a long wait for invalidity pension, I have to claim it in july and was told 4 to 5 months wait, not sure what i have to live on for rest of time.

alie wrote: »
    Just as a matter of this happening a lot with sent in forms, i now take photos of all documents before i sent them in, you will have to re send everything again, there is a long wait for invalidity pension, I have to claim it in july and was told 4 to 5 months wait, not sure what i have to live on for rest of time.

I will just eat cornflakes as advised by someone before from their staff. I have no idea what to do now.

It's worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I know, its worrying enough when you are sick, Just send everything as best as you can and go to welfare officer in the mean time and state your case.

When are forthnightly payments commencing? This week?

So it'll be 2 weeks into bank account, nothing next week then another 2 weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

When are forthnightly payments commencing? This week?

So it'll be 2 weeks into bank account, nothing next week then another 2 weeks?
    1 week this week. 2 week payment next week is my understanding. I got 1 week yesterday.

1 week this week. 2 week payment next week is my understanding. I got 1 week yesterday.

Oh ok

Friday is my payday

I got paid today €101 euro. Feck my life :(

• Advertisement

I only got €63 wtf how can they make a balls up like this at such an important time?

I left my 6 week cert in on Monday 16th March

Jesus

Tweeted them a message there

Advertisement