Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom Acoustic Night - Thank You!

Options
  • 11-06-2004 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

92.1 Phantom FM mark the end of their successful second temporary licence with a special “Unplugged Seisiún” in The Village Venue on Wexford Street on Sunday June 20th.

Featured artists on the night include Phantom FM favourites: Juno Falls, Mark Cullen (Pony Club), Lir, The Chapters, The Mighty Stef & Special Guests. Also the Phantom FM acoustic night features the world premiere of Fergal McKee (ex Whipping Boy) new band "The Miracles".

It’s only a tenner in which cant be bad, and all profits on the night go to AWARE, a charity set up in 1985 to assist that section of the population whose lives are directly affected by depression. 300,000 people in Ireland currently suffer from depression but many hide their depression andnever get help. Sadly, over 500 people take their own life each year. AWARE is trying to help.

Lir – who previously appeared on the soundtrack to Brendan Gleeson featured film ‘I Went Down’ – re-unite for a rare gig to perform at the Phantom FM Acoustic Night.

Juno Falls Expect to hear the wonderful ‘This Song Is Your Own’ and other gems from their debut album ‘Starlight Drive’.

The Miracles: Ex Whipping Boy lead singer Fergal McKee makes a very rare live appearance with his new band "The Miracles" who will be making their world debut at this event!

Mark Cullen (Pony Club) He drinks The Dandy Warhols under the table, supports The Streets and can even claim the likes of Morrissey among his fans.

The Chapters Recent visitors to the Phantom FM studios, Hot Press described their recent EP ‘The Indecision of Arthur Molloy’ as “a record of such sheer beauty, sincerity and substance……mellow wonderment, gentle guitar/cello blend, and sad-smile gorgeousness”

The Mighty Stef This ‘charming rogue of vast proportion’ will entertain you with his personality-driven numbers. A popular choice of support to psycho-garage Dubliners The Things, Stef has also undertaken support duties for The Zutons, Republic Of Loose, Fiery Furnaces and Miles Hunt of The Wonderstuff.

92.1 Phantom FM would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank everyone for listening in and taking part during our temporary weekend broadcasts. Phantom FMs temporary licence finishes on Sunday June 27th.

Keep an eye on www.phantomfm.com for more details.

Phantom FM Acoustic Night, The Village Venue, Wexford Street. Sunday June 20th.

Admission €10, Doors open 7.30pm, Over 18s ID required.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

wow... i'm not sure whose birthday it is but that's one hell of a present... i'll try make it up to it... looks like it'd be a great night

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

..... the line-up's been changed a bit since last week.
    is Ollie Cole not playing this anymore?
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Was wondering that myself....:confused:
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

apparently he triple(?) booked himself for tonight.
    cancelled both the Village and Spy Bar
    :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

some photos from last nights gig:
    (with more to come on the Phantom website)

Lir:
    lir-01.jpg

The Miracles (Fergal McKee):
    ind-01-lowres.jpg

James
    www.AAAphotos.org

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Great gig last night. It was a pleasure to attend.
    All bands were great but the highlights for me were the first band can’t remember their name but that guy can sing and Juno Falls. Seriously the talent of that band astounds me.

www.sundogs.irl.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

first band was the Mighty Stef and damn good they were too

http://www.themightystef.cjb.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Yea he was well good alright!

www.sundogs.irl.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭McGonagles

Originally posted by Neil_B
    Great gig last night. It was a pleasure to attend.
    It sure was... nice to see so many Phantom jocks there aswell.
    Hopefully it wasn't too much of a trek from the Phantom studio to the venue!

And for those who had to get the last bus home...
    Can anyone tell us who went on after 11, was there a mad big
    encore, etc.

I'm sure I saw at least one performer who wasn't on the bill
    walking in and disappearing backstage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Glad I went along, but I think I was just a bit too tired from the night before to enjoy it properly. :rolleyes:
    Juno Falls were probably the highlight for me.
    And 'CCTV'. Feckin' love that song. :D
    I just kept thinking how great it would have been to see Chuzzle there.
    (They clearly made an impression on me at the ICON gig). :D
    xm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Phantom FM would like to sincerely thank all of those who performed at, helped with and of course attended our accoustic night in The Village Venue on Sunday night. Great fun was had by all and a bag of cash raised for a very worthy cause in AWARE.

Particular thanks to Jack Hyland and his crack team of organisers and publicists!

And major cudos too to the bands and musicians on the night, top job.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    92.1 Phantom FM
    reed@phantomfm.com

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

thought the mighty stef and his band of **** were ace!! thought there'd be way more of a crowd, and have to agree with one of the posts below about the chatters, it was a bit much. at a loud full band gig it doesnt really make much difference but the acoustic performances were kinda spoiled.
    what happened the chapters????????? :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bheansidhe

It reads like a great night was had by all, I wish I could've been there :( Going to miss the sounds of Phantom - although not being able to call to correct the two petes pronounciation of certain "canadian" names will do my phonebill some good ;) I hope the station is back on the air soon - on a permanent basis, as you have all worked more than hard enough to be graced with such.

All of me is crossed for you.
    Good luck.

"May the best of your past be the worst of your future."

Advertisement