Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free* Unlimited access to Washington Post & NYTimes

Options
  • 19-05-2020 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Several deals here for cheap VPN
    So set the VPN to Israel
    Clear cookies from browser
    You now will have unlimited access to Washington Post & NYTimes on their websites, no limit to the number of articles you can read.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

da_miser wrote: »
    Several deals here for cheap VPN
    So set the VPN to Israel
    Clear cookies from browser
    You now will have unlimited access to Washington Post & NYTimes on their websites, no limit to the number of articles you can read.
    Working great here, thanks!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Great tip thanks - any idea on a BA vpn? (apologies I'm clueless about them)

why do the Israelis get free access?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

glasso wrote: »
    why do the Israelis get free access?!

Anti-semitic laden conspiracy theories in 3, 2, 1..........

I suppose Palestinians get free access as well. That might be a reason as those are lefty rags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Since when does anti-Israel equal anti-semitic??

They can be and are two completely distinct viewpoints.

• Advertisement

giphy.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Shalom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Works perfectly. Except I can't view recipes!?. Needs a login to get to the recipes and it says I need a subscription although I'm already logged in?. Unless that is under a paywall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

FYI if you are on a site such as the NY Times food section which throws up a popup to block the site, you can go to site settings and turn off javascript and refresh and the popup won't show up again.

In chrome, click the lock icon in the address bar, then Site Settings and go to Javascript and select Block in the dropdown. Obviously not something worth doing ten times a day but it is a handy trick if you want to get a recipe that is otherwise blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

FYI if you are on a site such as the NY Times food section which throws up a popup to block the site, you can go to site settings and turn off javascript and refresh and the popup won't show up again.

In chrome, click the lock icon in the address bar, then Site Settings and go to Javascript and select Block in the dropdown. Obviously not something worth doing ten times a day but it is a handy trick if you want to get a recipe that is otherwise blocked.

Works great, thank you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Is there an app I can get for the iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

Or just install the uBlock Origin extension and you can block JavaScript on specific sites permanently.

Advertisement