Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He’ll be back for the final of the Europa league.

Will he be cheering for United or Villareal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Will he be cheering for United or Villareal ?

😂😂

Azatadine wrote: »
    That's it for me too. The blind faith without any history whatsoever to support it. As you say, it's talked to death but it's the vigorous support of his "process" when it's clearly not working that astounds me.

6 months ago, when big doubts were really starting to be obvious, people said he should be judged at the end of the season. Well, we are almost there and we are in 11th place.....are people now moving goalposts?

Yes. Goalposts being moved alright. He’s already had longer than Emery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭DenMan

Need a second goal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

More like it Auba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Auba!

DenMan wrote: »
    Need a second goal now.

There you are. Auba.

The police are at OT now and the fans are leaving. One fan got into one of the dressing rooms. I still think the game will go ahead.

Well done Auba! 0-2

Well one thing is for certain , we won before we played the 2nd leg against Prague so hopefully this will give us a bit of a springboard , also Martinelli has worked his bollocks off today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Some ball from Martinelli. Good goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

What a beautiful cross and great finish from the main man. Get Auba off now and put on Nketiah

Auba and Xhaka off please.

Does anyone else get kind of dizzy watching that pitch the way the light makes it look like it has ripples?

Would he take Xhaka and Aubameyang off now ffs man is afraid of subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Surely time for a few subs now?
    Martinelli is great to watch, lovely quick feet and always looking to make something happen

Madness keeping Xhaka on the field with a massive game on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Tommy P on now for Martin.

Ryan is very good under the high ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Madness keeping Xhaka on the field with a massive game on Thursday.

Man's a machine:)

Thought that was just a yellow myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Martinelli injured. That's a terrible challenge
    Fuuuudge

Glad he's up but he's limping

Ryan is very good under the high ball.

Agreed! Leno would be flapping or punching there. Possible red for Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

5star02707 wrote: »
    Martinelli injured. That's a terrible challenge
    Fuuuudge

****ing brain-dead challenge WTF. scum!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

How come the ref didn't make Martinelli leave the pitch after treatment?

A very good win. Well done boys! Villarreal next!

Comfortable enough win. We saw that out very well but by god Newcastle were awful. They look like a team already on their summer holidays.
    Lucky enough that Xhaka escaped a second yellow too.
    I like Martinelli, think we should see more of him. I don't think the tackle at the end was as bad as it first looked and id say he'll be fine after it.
    Ryan looks composed in goal too but I spose he was never really under any pressure, can't remember any Newcastle shots.
    No real bite to the game but I guess that's to be expected this late in the season with both sides having little to play for

Villarreal have just scored a late goal from Pino against Getafe (79). I wonder are they resting players ahead of Thursday night.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Didn’t see the game today I just came home to see we won 2-0 which hopefully is a nice confidence booster for Thursday

Just spotted a random stat we have scored 2 goals in the premier league from midfielders and the average for the rest of the league is 13.8, Man City and United are currently drawn at 28

Today was Elnenys first ever league goal for the club. We really need our midfielders to be chipping in with a few more goals, can't be relying on the same 2 or 3 all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Didn’t see the game today I just came home to see we won 2-0 which hopefully is a nice confidence booster for Thursday

Just spotted a random stat we have scored 2 goals in the premier league from midfielders and the average for the rest of the league is 13.8, Man City and United are currently drawn at 28

It's been an issue for many years. IMO the problem is that we don't have MF that can shoot. I remember Ozil always getting into excellent positions but not having a strong enough shot. The only decent striker of the ball is Xhaka and he plays too deep or out at LB to be effective. Just look at Partey, I don't think he has had a shot on target in over 10 attempts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Was great to get the win today. Some brave calls making so many changes and I'm delighted it worked. I'd say there are a few in here disappointed that we got the win. Doesn't fall inline with their agenda.

A good win, and a big confidence boost going into Thursdays game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement