Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due December 2020

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maisie_moo

Awww Shelli. You poor thing. That sounds really rough and not what you needed to go through m...esp when you wanted to establish your breast milk and get off to a good start.
    But main thing is you're both doing well now and yer both at home and can get into your groove!! Put the past week behind you now and enjoy cuddling your little girl and getting to know each other. (PS her name is just gorgeous!!)

Whooo Beanybabog, congrats on your new bundle. They were in a hurry to meet you in the end wernt they :) So glad you had a lovely positive birth experience. Hope you're both doing well and home asap.

No action from my second sweep yesterday. It was done by a consultant this time and she gave me a good deep one (was more uncomfortable then then the first one)
    But nothing still!

So induction on Sunday I say. Infairness meeting a consultant was nice as she was able to give me bit of info about it. She said I'll get the gel when I go in and if I start labour myself grand but if not they'll wait until the Monday morning to break my waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Becks0603

God Shelli that's really tough, typical yellow tape insurance company crap which is the last thing on your mind after having a new baby! Enjoy having her at home now and getting into your new routine.

Congratulations Beanybabog that was very quick, how exciting!!

Oh fingers crossed for you Maise that your little one will make an appearance this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Congratulations Beanybabog! That's sounds like a wonderful birthing experience. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

My baby girl was born on Thursday. She's perfect and we are completely in love with her. She and I miss her daddy and I don't think we're allowed home until tomorrow or Monday so that sucks. Basically I had an almost entirely negative induction experience and I lost a lot of blood, with my haemoglobin going from 12 to 5 after delivery. That oxytocin drip - woo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Congrats thefasteriwalk, negative experiences are hard going. I found the first time it kinda shell shocked me, so just be kind to yourself, well done and welcome to your little lady.

Beany, you lucky duck glad to hear you had short labour/ delivery and welcome to your little one.

Shelli sorry to read the update, hope your little lady is doing well now, enjoy every moment.

I'm in for section Monday, but i'd say it'll be a while before i post an update as i don't do very well agter them.

Congrats ladies, enjoy your new babies.

• Advertisement

My baby girl was born on Thursday. She's perfect and we are completely in love with her. She and I miss her daddy and I don't think we're allowed home until tomorrow or Monday so that sucks. Basically I had an almost entirely negative induction experience and I lost a lot of blood, with my haemoglobin going from 12 to 5 after delivery. That oxytocin drip - woo!!

Congratulations!
    Sorry to hear about your experience, be kind to yourself and be sure to rest up. Hopefully it will be a distant memory soon when you're home with your little bundle. X

I've done a round of the Dublin hospital's this week!
    I had quite bad abdominal pain yesterday, I just put it down to afterbirth pains as I heard they can be tough on second and subsequent babies, but I spiked a temp last night and said I'd pop into Holles St to get checked in the morning.
    While eating breakfast the pain shot through the roof and I collapsed, hubby called an ambulance. Was taken to the Mater with suspected appendicitis and they controlled the pain with morphine. They ruled that out with CTs, ultrasound and blood tests and transferred me to the Rotunda by ambulance. I begged for Holles St where they had all my history but bureaucracy won, they had to send me to the closest.
    After more tests, and ruling out a number of suspected issues I was diagnosed with
    Infection of the uterine lining (endometritis), and am now on a barrage of meds, but luckily they could be tailored to allow for breastfeeding.
    A total of 2 ambulance rides and 9 hours later I was allowed home, and I never want to see another hospital again!
    Moral of the story, do not ignore or postpone getting unusual symptoms checked. I wish I had gone to Holles St yesterday when the pain started.

Thank god these sweet babies are worth it!!!

oh Shelli, you're really having a tough time of it, awful for you. you don't need that drama at all, wishing you well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    Sorry to hear about your experience, be kind to yourself and be sure to rest up. Hopefully it will be a distant memory soon when you're home with your little bundle. X

I've done a round of the Dublin hospital's this week!
    I had quite bad abdominal pain yesterday, I just put it down to afterbirth pains as I heard they can be tough on second and subsequent babies, but I spiked a temp last night and said I'd pop into Holles St to get checked in the morning.
    While eating breakfast the pain shot through the roof and I collapsed, hubby called an ambulance. Was taken to the Mater with suspected appendicitis and they controlled the pain with morphine. They ruled that out with CTs, ultrasound and blood tests and transferred me to the Rotunda by ambulance. I begged for Holles St where they had all my history but bureaucracy won, they had to send me to the closest.
    After more tests, and ruling out a number of suspected issues I was diagnosed with
    Infection of the uterine lining (endometritis), and am now on a barrage of meds, but luckily they could be tailored to allow for breastfeeding.
    A total of 2 ambulance rides and 9 hours later I was allowed home, and I never want to see another hospital again!
    Moral of the story, do not ignore or postpone getting unusual symptoms checked. I wish I had gone to Holles St yesterday when the pain started.

Thank god these sweet babies are worth it!!!

Very sorry to hear Shelli, I had a tough time after my first, with 5 days in for baby to get antibiotics, and a return the following week for 5 days after a post-partum haemorhage due to retained placenta.Weeks of antibiotics for me, and fighting that infection it takes its toll, so go easy on yourself, don't expect too much for the next couple of weeks.It does stick with you a bit so don't be afraid to ask questions about how and why the whole thing went the way it did, if you ever decide to go again.

I went on to have 2 lovely births after the first however, so they are relly not all the same.

shesty wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear Shelli, I had a tough time after my first, with 5 days in for baby to get antibiotics, and a return the following week for 5 days after a post-partum haemorhage due to retained placenta.Weeks of antibiotics for me, and fighting that infection it takes its toll, so go easy on yourself, don't expect too much for the next couple of weeks.It does stick with you a bit so don't be afraid to ask questions about how and why the whole thing went the way it did, if you ever decide to go again.

I went on to have 2 lovely births after the first however, so they are relly not all the same.

This is definitely my last, but if I did want to go again I don't think I'd be put off, even though it was a pretty miserable couple of days.
    Just one of those things unfortunately.
    My first was completely different too, recovery was slow and long with bad frontal tearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sm8

Hi all, congrats to all the new mums out there... I’m still hanging in there I’m currently six days over due and baby is still not fully engaged. Was Up in hospital yesterday but they couldn’t sweep me and I’m Back Tuesday for
    Another go. I’m consistently on the ball, raspberry leaf tea, anyone else have any suggestions

• Advertisement

sm8 wrote: »
    Hi all, congrats to all the new mums out there... I’m still hanging in there I’m currently six days over due and baby is still not fully engaged. Was Up in hospital yesterday but they couldn’t sweep me and I’m Back Tuesday for
    Another go. I’m consistently on the ball, raspberry leaf tea, anyone else have any suggestions

I was the same, didn't engage until the night before induction. Don't give up trying everything you can.
    Side squats on the ball, and one I tried was waking along the edge of the kerb with one foot up on the path and the other on the road. I'm sure I looked mental but I was willing to try anything 😂

Oh God Shelli you're having an awful time of it! At least they were able to diagnose it and tailor the meds to allow for feeding. Hopefully you'll be on the mend soon x

Congratulations to all the new mammies it really is so worth it :) just living in a newborn baby bubble at the moment. I probably underestimated the after effects of a section, feeling quite fragile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

[HTML][/HTML]

Congrats!! I’m sorry it didn’t go well. I hope you recover well now though and can enjoy baby.

So sorry to hear all that Shelli, you’ve really had a bad run of it. I hope you too recover now and that’s the end of the drama for you

My little boy arrived today by section, he’s a fine baby as one of the nurses said and I adore him, you never get bored of seeing the face of your little baby.
    I’m in bits after the section, nurses are brilliant but it’s very painful and I’m such an independent person, I feel useless. Anyways ladies, hope all the new babies and mammies are doing well, and best of luck to those still waiting to see the little faces of their babies. It’s worth every pain and discomfort, they’re amazing.

screamer wrote: »
    My little boy arrived today by section, he’s a fine baby as one of the nurses said and I adore him, you never get bored of seeing the face of your little baby.
    I’m in bits after the section, nurses are brilliant but it’s very painful and I’m such an independent person, I feel useless. Anyways ladies, hope all the new babies and mammies are doing well, and best of luck to those still waiting to see the little faces of their babies. It’s worth every pain and discomfort, they’re amazing.

Welcome baby screamer! X

Welcome baby screamer! X

And he’s the quietest little man, only cries for food, changing and cuddles. I’m blessed with him

screamer wrote: »

Congratulations screamer! I totally agree with you about the section I feel useless not being able to just bend down and pick stuff up off the floor nevermind the lifting but you're right, they are totally worth it :)

Hello ladies!!
    What a crazy few days! Motherhood is a rollercoaster.

Was induced at 4pm on Sunday, and my baby girl was born via vaginal delivery on Monday night. All went well/straight forward. Just long, which inductions tend to be.
    Still all surreal. Couldnt speak highly enough of all the staff in CUMH though. We were well looked after! We got home yesterday. Was nice having my own bed last night. I'm breastfeeding...finding it tough going..my breasts and nipples are sore!

Hope yer all well xxx

Congratulations Masie!!!

Congrats Maisie, welcome to your baby girl.
    Tough going here too baby sleeps all day awake all night..... I’m wrecked

• Advertisement

Thanks screamer. I forgot to congratulate you on your son!

Yeah my little one also is more alert at night then during the day. Need to rectify that asap hahah!! Lucky babies are born so damn cute so we dont give up on them :)

My nipple pain and boob engorgement has settled thankfully.

How is everyone doing?

I'm finding it hard to believe my baby turned 5wks old yesterday, seems like only a Couple of days ago I was waddling into Holles St with me bag. It's been an absolute rollercoaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

How is everyone doing?

I'm finding it hard to believe my baby turned 5wks old yesterday, seems like only a Couple of days ago I was waddling into Holles St with me bag. It's been an absolute rollercoaster.

Hope you're well Shelli. I'm OK but never expected to be as tired as I am. She's brilliant but I'm slightly clinging on for her to turn 6 weeks when I hope things will settle a bit. Currently working on trying to get rid of the nipple shields - trying to get her to latch herself has proved unbelievably frustrating. How are you?

Oh I hear you! I'm exhausted, the last couple of days of cluster feeding really took it out of me.

I had another couple of setbacks since I last posted. 10 days after the ambulance episode, I had a post partum hemmorage and spent the week before Christmas in hospital, was discharged on Christmas Day just in time for dinner. Turn out there was retained products, most like a piece of placenta that was missed. Thankfully Holles St picked it up almost immediately. I had surgery just last Friday and hopefully that's the end of it now.
    I really can't believe how crazy the last 5 weeks have been, after such an unbelievably crazy year last year.
    I'm looking forward to a 2021 that's quiet and uneventful

Hey mums!!

Oh Shelli, you are not serious!! You poor thing!! Must have been really hard when youre breast feeding/just in general being away from your baba!! Glad you got out on Christmas day and were able to have your dinner. Hope you're recovering well and resting up!! Baba doing well?

Thefasteriwalk. Oh I hear you on the tiredness. Lucky babies are cute and you keep going :) Hows the latching going??

All going fine with me. My baby girl is very good. I find the days like groundhog day though. Lockdown has been great in one way as we don't have to be rushing anywhere etc so the day is our own and we can feed away (I'm breastfeeding) and cuddle as much as we want on couch which I love but 5 weeks in I'm ready to show her off to friends and extended family. Id love to have visitors over and have a chat over tea and cake. My partner doesn't WFH so I'm home alone. But anyway, it is what it is and we're all healthy so I shouldn't complain.
    I should look up some baby online classes since we can't do them face to face.

Also, anyone else just emotional about them growing up and its only a few weeks. I'm fierce bad. Was putting away some newborn babygrows and was sad. I just want time to stand still. But I know there's lots of lovely milestones to come.

How ye all during lockdown?? Xx

Lockdown is tough alright. I find not seeing family, and my Mam in particular, very hard.
    My in-laws are in a different county and haven't met baby at all. I got a couple of visits in with my mam before restrictions were rolled back.
    I'm breastfeeding too, and thankfully that's going well and baby is thriving, I was able to have her in the hospital with me for my long stay and the nurses were fantastic.

I do a zoom chat with other new breastfeeding mothers on Monday for the last two weeks and find it super helpful.

Like you Masie, I'm longing to get out and see people and have a proper chat.
    Baby was 6 weeks last Saturday! It's flown in.

Oh Shelli you really had a bad run of it, I hope things have settled down now for you and you can enjoy the bubble.

I'm pretty much mirroring all of your emotions, I can't believe my baby is 6 weeks old and is nearly too long for his 0-3 month babygrows!

Finding lockdown tough too, I'm sure we all had the same ideas of maternity leave, friends over for tea and chats, baby and mam mornings and bringing baby out to show them off. I really hope things calm down a little bit in February.

Hoping to get into a bit of a proper routine soon but loving all of the cuddles on the couch.

Advertisement