Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Shelli2 wrote: »
    So, back into the December bunch, induction date not until 4th.
    I'm 37+5 today and she's measuring 9lb5oz, unfortunately her head is not down far enough to risk the induction earlier, consultant is wary of ending up in emergency section.
    I'm a bit disappointed, I was all hyped up to go this weekend, but Im happy to wait as he says it will be safer. It helps that I'm confident in my consultant, he spent nearly an hour with me today fully considering all my options.
    He gave me a sweep, and advised I sit on my ball as much as possible.

I can only hope she'll make an appearance on her own now.

Sorry to hear that, Shelli. Still, at least you have some time to relax before she arrives. Especially after only just having finished up work. I hope you get lots of rest and pampering over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Yeah, could be a blessing in disguise. I don't think I'd have the energy for labour if they brought be in now. A few days rest will be nice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Bounce on the ball a lot Shelli.There is plenty of time.The consultant sounds good, not rushing into anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maisie_moo

Oh I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one anxious about the whole labour thing. I try not to think about it. Just keep telling myself "Women are designed for this. Women have been doing this for thousands of years. Your female friends and family have done this. Women go back for more. You will be looked after. You can do this. Go with the flow. You are strong"

I just wish I knew "when" it was all going to kick off...I like control...haha.

Keep bouncing on the ball and resting Shelli. Try and enjoy the start of your mat leave. Your induction date is my due date.

Hope everyone else doing OK!!

maisie_moo wrote: »
    Oh I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one anxious about the whole labour thing. I try not to think about it. Just keep telling myself "Women are designed for this. Women have been doing this for thousands of years. Your female friends and family have done this. Women go back for more. You will be looked after. You can do this. Go with the flow. You are strong"
    !!

If I can deliver a 12lber and come back for a second round then anyone can do it.
    You got this ladies, section or vaginal delivery, you have cooked healthy beautiful babies that will be in your arms soon and no matter what way it all goes down, I can guarantee it will be worth every second. ❤️

• Advertisement

If I can deliver a 12lber and come back for a second round then anyone can do it.

Love this Shelli!!!! :D
    You got this ladies, section or vaginal delivery, you have cooked healthy beautiful babies that will be in your arms soon and no matter what way it all goes down, I can guarantee it will be worth every second. ❤️

Very true. Bless the love hormones that will make everything OK. Even though I still cant believe theres a fully cooked baby just curled up inside me. I look at my moving belly in disbelief daily. Womens' bodies are pretty amazing arnt they!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

Hi all,

I am wondering if folks have a Moses basket or similar for when the baby is up during the day, or do you plan to use the basinette that is part of your travel system and just have it on the floor? My fiance is wondering about this and it seems like it would be better and nicer to have the baba up at a higher level :) Curious as to what you all plan to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

Hi all,

I am wondering if folks have a Moses basket or similar for when the baby is up during the day, or do you plan to use the basinette that is part of your travel system and just have it on the floor? My fiance is wondering about this and it seems like it would be better and nicer to have the baba up at a higher level :) Curious as to what you all plan to do :)

I think it is nicer to have the baby at a higher level. Found the moses basket handy for the sitting room / kitchen but don't be under any illusions that they'll sleep in it at night 😄. Or maybe that was just my one...

We have a Moses basket, but only because it's the family heirloom and all the kids use it for a few weeks and then the name is added on a little silver tag.

I'd be happy with the bassinet to be honest. We have a small house and it's getting cluttered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Hi all,

i have basinette and its setup on the pram frame. Handy for moving around the house after section. im due mid December, haven't posted before, being my 4th baby its just get on with it for me. Hope youre all doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Becks0603

I've missed all the notifications the past few days but glad to hear you're all starting to finish up work and hopefully things get moving sooner rather than later for you.

I'm due to finish work on Friday the 4th then going in for a section Wednesday 9th, pretty quick turn around but I'm a way I'm glad I won't have too much time to think about it all!

We have a small enough house too so have the bassinette on the pram frame and also we were given a travel cot with a newborn insert as a present so can use that during the day if the bassinette doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

screamer wrote: »
    i have basinette and its setup on the pram frame. Handy for moving around the house after section. im due mid December, haven't posted before, being my 4th baby its just get on with it for me. Hope youre all doing well.
    Becks0603 wrote: »
    I've missed all the notifications the past few days but glad to hear you're all starting to finish up work and hopefully things get moving sooner rather than later for you.

I'm due to finish work on Friday the 4th then going in for a section Wednesday 9th, pretty quick turn around but I'm a way I'm glad I won't have too much time to think about it all!

We have a small enough house too so have the bassinette on the pram frame and also we were given a travel cot with a newborn insert as a present so can use that during the day if the bassinette doesn't work out.

Ah cool so you have the basinette (and maybe the cot) on the pram frame? Would prefer to leave the pram in the hall or the car and have a separate frame for inside.

Ah cool so you have the basinette (and maybe the cot) on the pram frame? Would prefer to leave the pram in the hall or the car and have a separate frame for inside.

Yeah I would just have it on the pram frame, not sure what brand pram you bought but I have seen some brands that have a separate frame you can buy to put the basinette. I think uppa baby have one not sure which other ones.

Also have moses basket for upstairs and bassinet from buggy for downstairs during the day. Wev very small place. We'll see what baby decides they like or don't like haha.

Had midwife appointment. Baby still very high up she said. Must go bouncing on a ball/have good sex apparently....do they even work?? :D
    Had hairdresser and beautician appointments today...priorities ;) Baby can come now! But I've a feeling I'll have to be induced come the last day.

Oh lovely @maise_moo I'd say you feel like a new woman!! I am finishing up work on Friday and then section is booked for Wednesday so feel like the walls are starting to close in trying to get everything finished in work, the christmas tree up and the house ready for baby! Luckily I'm squeezing in the hairdresser on Thursday!

I couldn't get an appointment in my hairdresser until Friday 11th....badly need it though so I'm going to try keep it, hubby may be sitting outside in the car with baby. Ha!

Two more sleeps. Got an appointment letter with an info sheet for induction, how it may take 4 days!!!!! Wasn't panicking but now I'm a bit worried. Eugh.

Ah it'll be lovely for you to treat yourself on the 11th so hopefully you get to keep the appointment!

God 4 days :( I know they do need to tell us everything but then again sometimes I wish they didn't - ignorance is bliss!

Hope you're not too stressed with work Becks. You need to be relaxing at this stage.
    Atleast house and tree sorted though. Enjoy the hairdressers.

I'm like a new woman after the hairdresser/beautician. Baby better come quick as I have fast hair growth :D:D

Shelli. Defo keep hair appointment. You will need it to feel better about yourself. Pep you up!
    Never knew induction could take awhile..I naively just presumed you had baby on same day haha.
    Atleast you know you could you waiting to progress and it's all normal so you wont be stressing/wondering why is there no movement. You'll be great. Just make sure you have snacks/long charger lead/netflix/music. ;)

so induction depends on what they do, with gel, yes it can take a while. if they burst your waters its fast and furious but equally exhausting. i'd say to all of you having your first baby, don't be afraid to ask for pain relief if you need it and you want it. some people sail through with nothing, others need pain relief. Do whats right for you.

Good luck today Shelli! You got this!!!

My baby didnt get the memo that today was it's due date :P

• Advertisement

The very best of luck, Shelli. I hope it all moves very quickly and she makes an appearance today.

Oh the excitement, good look today Shelli!

Just sitting waiting for my last appointment and then will have my last day in work and back here on Wednesday for the section all going to plan!

Any little niggles maise??

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

Good luck Shelli! I'm having a sweep today and induction Monday.

Oh Im getting very excited for ye ladies/hearing the news!!! Cant believe it's our month!!

Absolutely zero niggles. Baby still high up.
    Spent the day browsing around two shopping centres with my sister for something to do. I'm lucky I'm not uncomfortable and very mobile.

Happy mat leave Becks!!! Whoooo!! Fair play working this long.

How was sweep Cailleachdubh? I may get offered one at my appointment on Monday.

Hope your induction going well Shelli and youv met your little girl already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

maisie_moo wrote: »
    Good luck today Shelli! You got this!!!

My baby didnt get the memo that today was it's due date :P

Mine either! I didn’t mind too much as my daughters birthday is the due date so I didn’t want to miss that. But it’s over now I’m ready!! Will be having another sweep on Monday I believe. Thought something was happening after he last one, was quite crampy and lost the plug but nope

was in to see my consultant this morning and imbookef for a section in just over a week now.
    Husband will be allowed in for the birth and a couple of hours abd thats it. So i'll be on my own for a few days till i get discharged. The e hospital is walking with covid so im not surprised but still abit disappointed that i'll have no help or support. anyways, hope youre all doing well, im sure the first december delivery will arrive very soon.

screamer wrote: »
    was in to see my consultant this morning and imbookef for a section in just over a week now.
    Husband will be allowed in for the birth and a couple of hours abd thats it. So i'll be on my own for a few days till i get discharged. The e hospital is walking with covid so im not surprised but still abit disappointed that i'll have no help or support. anyways, hope youre all doing well, im sure the first december delivery will arrive very soon.

That's really tough going but I suppose at least you know they're doing their best to keep the babies safe. Hopefully you won't be in too long x

Hi all.
    Baby girl arrived yesterday just after 4pm.
    9lb 8oz of pure perfection.

It was a long and tiring 2 days but overall a very positive experience.

Restrictions in NMH are very limited and husband has got to spend lots of time with me & baby.

I'm hoping to get home tomorrow morning.

Hope your all doing well and enjoying your last days of pregnancy.

Happy to answer any questions on induction or hospital or anything else.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sm8

Congrats shelli2, enjoy every moment

Hi all.
    Baby girl arrived yesterday just after 4pm.
    9lb 8oz of pure perfection.

It was a long and tiring 2 days but overall a very positive experience.

Restrictions in NMH are very limited and husband has got to spend lots of time with me & baby.

I'm hoping to get home tomorrow morning.

Hope your all doing well and enjoying your last days of pregnancy.

Happy to answer any questions on induction or hospital or anything else.

X

• Advertisement

Amazing! I'm thrilled for you Shelli. Congratulations. How was the induction? Was daddy not kicked out after an hour?

Advertisement