Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

This week's password is MICKELSON

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ingo1984

Appears there is still alot of players missing. It claims the fields have been updated but they definitely haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭elbagarihno

ingo1984 wrote: »
    Appears there is still alot of players missing. It claims the fields have been updated but they definitely haven't.

"All confirmed participants for Round 3 tournaments (Valero Texas Open and Trophee Hassan II) will be available for selection in the Player Pool shortly."

Update probably won't be complete until tonight/tomorrow morning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Anyone near the top ?
    I'm 365 i think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Anyone near the top ?
    I'm 365 i think :(

Why the sad face? That's a very decent start, you're well in the mix with only2/19 rounds played thus far, I'm 1k odd, I'd much prefer being 365th!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

It's still a long way back points wise though, hopefully i pick a good captain this week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

AnneFrank wrote: »
    It's still a long way back points wise though, hopefully i pick a good captain this week

It is really early. The Majors have a huge impact on the scores and only 1 of 4 have taken place.

Two winners this week, one as captain barely passes out Fowlers score for The Masters if he was captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 robbo1203

Very odd scoring, I had both Jon Rahm and Paul Dunne on my team last week and still only got 250 points for the week, also cant find Callum Shinkwin, Nicolas Colsaerts or George Coetzee on the list of available players this week

Did the european start on it last week? awh bollicks missed a trick there

• Registered Users Posts: 15 robbo1203

Checked with them, the Open de Espana was NOT listed for last week, bugger that. How do they expect us to play on both sides of the Atlantic with only 4 transfers available

• Advertisement

Spanish open was not on the schedule. The 4 transfer limit is part of the game. It is up to players to make their transfers work for them, it is the same for everyone so very fair.

Id say and I've no idea but a 6 and 2 strategy would probably work best unless you put in a lot of forward planning

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Did anybody get an answer from them as to whether next week's Zurich Classic, which is a pairs event listed on their schedule, will be a counting event?

amlinopta wrote: »
    Did anybody get an answer from them as to whether next week's Zurich Classic, which is a pairs event listed on their schedule, will be a counting event?

It is on schedule so it should. They had it last year as well and it counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

DM_7 wrote: »
    It is on schedule so it should. They had it last year as well and it counted.

No, last year they had it on the schedule and took it out the week of the event. Was a pain because I'd planned some transfers the week before around the Zurich.

qwabercd wrote: »
    No, last year they had it on the schedule and took it out the week of the event. Was a pain because I'd planned some transfers the week before around the Zurich.

Really? I just remember it on the schedule and assumed it was counted. Thanks for that info.

qwabercd wrote: »

Yup both this and the European Tour GolfSixes were on original schedule and removed at short notice

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DAVIDB69

Hi all, is this weeks password definitely MICKELSON I am getting told wrong password

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DAVIDB69

Hi all, is this weeks password definitely MICKELSON I am getting told wrong password

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

Yes

• Advertisement

amlinopta wrote: »

Nope, sent an email regards that event too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

is it 2 events this week?

redarmy wrote: »
    is it 2 events this week?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rolltideroll

So picking the hot players didnt work out for me last week. I may have lucked out and packed in 7 active players this week. I’m going with more mid market players. Lets see what happens and see if my ranking goes back in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

robbo1203 wrote: »
    Very odd scoring, I had both Jon Rahm and  Paul Dunne on my team last week and still only got 250 points for the week, also cant find Callum Shinkwin, Nicolas Colsaerts or George Coetzee on the list of available players this week
    George there now at 6.4m, Shinkwin 6m, Coldsores 7.3m

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cobbleozzy

Hi Paul

Thanks for your message.

The Zurich Classic will be included. During Team Events (Zurich Classic of New Orleans - Round 4), players will still score points individually, based on their team's finishing position.

As an example, both players from the winning team will score 510 points each (500 for finishing first and 10 for making the cut) at the end of the tournament.

Kind regards,

FanHub Support

I got same reply to my email.

Have to say they are doing a great job of it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Just a heads up to all - there is a European tournament both this week (round 3) and next week (round 4) but there is none in Round 5 so don't go too deep in European players

• Registered Users Posts: 1 badgersfort

I currently play the game and I reside in Australia, can anyone confirm that I am still eligible for the prizes even though I don’t live in Ireland?

• Advertisement

I currently play the game and I reside in Australia, can anyone confirm that I am still eligible for the prizes even though I don’t live in Ireland?

T&C's: https://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/#help/terms

Advertisement