Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turniing warmer but much colder weather on the horizon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

hopefully this north/north easterly will come soon... mt says it could be the end of the month... the weather is sooo boring , snow would be grand even for a day or 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

NIALL D wrote: »
    hopefully this north/north easterly will come soon... mt says it could be the end of the month... the weather is sooo boring , snow would be grand even for a day or 2...

Jesus lads, I love snow as much as the next man :D, however I think its time to give up on snow now until winter 2011/2012.

Mid teen temperatures due next week and we are then heading quickly towards April - oh God, I hope I have not launched a rant by snow lovers along the lines of "it can snow in April in Ireland" followed by links to pictures of snow in April in Ireland. Save it, don't wanna see it. Had about 2 foot of snow in Dublin last December, that was enough. Roll on Spring! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

highdef wrote: »
    Lucan village itself is in a valley so on calm evenings, it's very likely that Lucan experiences cold pooling whereby cold air sinks to the bottom of the valley (the village) and then sits there because it has nowhere to go.

Pure guess though!

I suppose the point is whether a weather station as important as Dublin Airport - which seems to be the city's main weather station (I wonder why not Phoenix Park?) - should be located in an area where cold pooling occurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Is there any chance we could have a ban on threads about weather further than 7 days into the future? Because my hopes have been ruined many times, both in summer and winter.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Agreed, this thread is pointless, theres no sign of any cold even out to 384 hours so what's anyone supposed to be discussing?

• Advertisement

Harps wrote: »
    Agreed, this thread is pointless, theres no sign of any cold even out to 384 hours so what's anyone supposed to be discussing?

Well the general idea would be that we'd stop posting and it would disappear off the front page, and that would be the end of it, but our discussion isn't exactly conducive to that happening!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Never mind Spring, it was like summer today in Waterford, all the kiddies (including my little man) were in T-shirts at the park. A tad more chilly this evening though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The weather forecast is lovely - upto 17C next week, great weather to be out and to get work done.
    No pleasure with snow, not good for farming this time of year when we need a bit of warmth to get things going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Very mild weather in March is not boring. I'm enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

darkman2 wrote: »
    Folks,

It will be turning much milder towards the end of this week - temperatures could potentially hit the mid teens and it will be sunnier in a continental flow. Very pleasent for a while. Best to enjoy it while we have it because signs are a far colder period is imminent after that as high pressure retrogresses to the Northwest opening the Northeasterly floodgates once again. Snow and ice will become a problem again. But I think the warmer weather initially will be welcome and it really should be very nice with clear blue skies for a time. Weather we can all enjoy.

No offence mate , but I will be giving your posts a wide berth going forward. Totally sensationalist and they indeed indicate more about your need for cold weather rather than anything actually based on reality :D. Temps due to reach mid teens over the coming week with a period of dry weather to occur and above average temps. Snow and ice will not become a problem again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

^^^

i hope your wrong :p

Min wrote: »
    The weather forecast is lovely - upto 17C next week, great weather to be out and to get work done.
    No pleasure with snow, not good for farming this time of year when we need a bit of warmth to get things going.

The frost is limiting any real growth at the moment though . . .and today is absolutely miserable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The frost is limiting any real growth at the moment though . . .and today is absolutely miserable!!!

Not a bad day here today, was lovely and sunny up till a couple of hours ago.

Weeded the garden and first grass cut of the year !

I want snow though :(

Im just back from the chipper. Its bleedin freezin.:eek:
    :)

T'was lovely in the east up untill mid afternoon,quite sunny in fact!
    Then the dull and rain arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Really is summer in the sun right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Heres Met uks outlook,mentioning a risk of Snow for North West of Uk in April. Maybe this is the cooling MT was hinting at.

UK Outlook for Friday 25 Mar 2011 to Sunday 3 Apr 2011:

Much of southern UK will enter the weekend dry with sunny spells. However, northern parts will be more unsettled with rain and some hill snow; the snow most likely in the northeast and possibly reaching lower levels here at first. Rain also moving into southern UK by the first weekend, leaving central and eastern Britain driest. Daytime temperatures will be near or above normal, however there is a continuing risk of overnight frosts where clear spells persist. Into the new working week, the cooler unsettled weather in the north should edge southeastwards; becoming less-marked as it does so, with southeastern Britain remaining mild and mostly dry. Into April, temperatures look to moderate somewhat, with snow increasingly limited to northern hills as more unsettled conditions arrive on a southwesterly wind.

UK Outlook for Monday 4 Apr 2011 to Monday 18 Apr 2011:

Initially, southern parts of the UK should continue to have some drier and brighter conditions, but unsettled weather further north is soon expected to spread to affect all areas. Rainfall is likely to be above average with a risk of sleet and snow across northwestern Britain, and this will render sunshine amounts slightly below normal. Temperatures should be around or slightly below normal at the start of the period but become rather cold with time.

Updated: 1146 on Sun 20 Mar 2011

Although the days will be getting warmer as we go on, we could still see snow lieing for a short while.
    (Well us in Donegal anyways, yous down south I would say are safe enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Looking like we're going to be in a low pressure sandwich come the end of the week. Just have to wait and see if the one from the north wins probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I think this rather sensationalist thread has run its course. This week's looking far from cold, with snow and ice most definitely nowhere near to causing a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

A very happy Equinox to all, at 2321 tonight to be precise.
    Turning colder later in the week as our high drifts further west but the dry theme continues as high pressure remains in control.

• Advertisement
Advertisement