Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Robbie Rogers gone to Stevenage on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Looking at Warnock's interview from today, looks like a dejected man to me, he's being totally hamstrung in his pursuit of players.

I'm losing optimism already and I'm not one to overreact, it's no disrespect to the players at the club but we're just too short and anymore injuries could really see this season of what could have been if the takeover happened.

Fans now sending pens in the post to Bates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Hijpo

hi all, just got granted access :D

im hoping this is just warnocks way of indirectly getting involved with pushing the take over through. Question is, how well can bates deal with pressure from the manager, investors and fans, literally everyone is against him.

Hijpo wrote: »

im hoping this is just warnocks way of indirectly getting involved with pushing the take over through. Question is, how well can bates deal with pressure from the manager, investors and fans, literally everyone is against him.

Welcome,

See the thing is, many have been saying that Bates needs to sell so I've no doubt that eventually this will happen. However I'm really starting to doubt that it could be done by the end of the window.

Hope you realise what a privilege that is :D:D:D

JokerD wrote: »
    Welcome,

See the thing is, many have been saying that Bates needs to sell so I've no doubt that eventually this will happen. However I'm really starting to doubt that it could be done by the end of the window.

Tbh, if I was given a choice of promotion under the Bates regime or another season in the Championship but with new owners, I know which one I would pick.
    I wouldn't be able to stomach the fact that that odious man would benefit financially from our promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The problem is that Bates will sell, but whether the deal goes through before or after the transfer window closes is immaterial to him. He'll still get his money, so why wouldn't he hang on for as long as possible to make sure that he wrings every last penny out of the buyers? And if it happens too late to get some new players in, well he'll have a wad of cash in his back pocket so how the club fares after he goes won't bother him at all. It's depressing knowing we're at the mercy of a greedy megalomaniac and that there's nothing we can do to make him hurry up and sell. :(

thanks for the welcomes, i feel warm and fuzzy inside now :D

Even if we miss this window i dont think all is lost. Automatic promotion would be a huge bonus but warnock admitted that was out of our grasp straight from the start. So given the fact that we have ,in my view anyway, a better squad with alot more ambition and pride on the pitch than last season there is no reason why we cant hover nicely around playoff spots until xmas and splash some cash then. hopefully some of warnocks targets might be a little closer to the end of there contracts then aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭championc

A win tomorrow gets us back to an average of 2 points per game. Keep to this and you'll be there or thereabouts come May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

championc wrote: »
    A win tomorrow gets us back to an average of 2 points per game. Keep to this and you'll be there or thereabouts come May.

Always remember Sgt. Wilko saying that in our last promotion season to the top flight. He wasn't wrong either.

• Advertisement

Team vs P'boro

Kenny, Peltier, Lees, Pearce, Drury, Diouf, Austin, Norris, Varney, McCormack, Becchio

IMO, it looks a lot better than Tuesday's line-up with Drury at LB and Diouf starting.

Subs: Ashdown, Kisnorbo, White, Brown, Gray, (Blue, Purple, Black :D), Byram, Poleon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Great start !

1 - 0 Becchio :D

2 - 0 Becchio's 3rd of the season :D

2 - 1 FT. Great result but hanging on at the end. 6 pts out of 9. Will take that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Excellent result. 6 points from 9 is great considering we played 2 promotion favourites in there.

KJ wrote: »
    Excellent result. 6 points from 9 is great considering we played 2 promotion favourites in there.

what is it about the last 15 to 20 minutes that we cant stop leaking in one or two. same happend last season, it was either the first 15 or last 15 minutes of the game. lookin forward to Football League Show after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

6 out of 9, I would have taken that anyway. The average of 2 points per game would be fantastic come May. Becchio starting off well makes me happy.

what is it about the last 15 to 20 minutes that we cant stop leaking in one or two. same happend last season, it was either the first 15 or last 15 minutes of the game. lookin forward to Football League Show after.

Clean sheets are a rare thing in Leeds (also applies to the b&b I stayed in last time I went over)

Warnock said we won't be buying any players this week, loans at best. Good win today but the small squad will be very, very costly in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

again only about 30 seconds on the FLS.

everyone hates Leeds!!!

Massive week ahead for us off the field, and in my opinion this week could very well shape our season for it's entirety. That might seem a bit extreme but I believe it to be the case. The squad is nowhere big enough and we'll be relying on a lack of injuries and suspensions to see us through.

There's even talk that we could lose Diouf on Tuesday and the emergency loan market is looking like our best option.

Warnock is being hamstrung at the minute, a combination of factors is meaning he's having to change his plans from game to game. Peltier has already had to play in three different positions across the backline, White has been switched around and Byram is being throwning in at the deep end.

Byram has done very well for us but I don't think Warnock planned on using him so much due to his age and lack of first team experience

We can't afford too many more injuries and players will also need a rest from time to time. We've got the nucleus of a squad capable to be contenders, but we need this takeover to go through.

The frustrating thing is that it appears the takeover is imperative as we just don't have the current finances to buy anymore players, Bates will want to sell and the buyers will want to get it done before the end of the transfer window, yet we're still waiting........

Leeds United Supporters Trust Update: The Takeover - Present and Future

With the end of the transfer window less than a week away, Leeds United Supporters' Trust are very concerned by the lack of progress towards concluding the takeover of Leeds United.

The appearance of representatives from GFH Capital at Elland Road last weekend led to optimism that the drawn out process of negotiations would soon be over. The past week, however, has brought no further updates, and Neil Warnock is now publicly suggesting that he will have no money to strengthen the team over the next few days.

Despite his difficulties in building a competitive squad, Warnock has managed Leeds to two wins so far, and he and his players have enjoyed the vociferous backing of our fans as they battle to mount the promotion challenge we expected this season.

Manager, players and fans are all pulling together to make this season a success, but these efforts could be in vain if they are not matched by effort in the boardroom. L.U.S.T. have enjoyed better relations with the club this summer after Shaun Harvey attended our policing event, and we believe the bidders are willing to work with us to achieve the aims of our Vision Statement. Ken Bates, however, has continued his policy of dismissing the genuine concerns of supporters through his programme notes.

Over the last week L.U.S.T. have been inundated with requests for information, but we have felt that, with representatives of the buyers meeting publicly with Bates, a low-key period was the best approach in order to allow a deal time to be concluded. With time and financial constraints limiting Warnock's opportunities to prepare the team, we feel now is the right to time to bring that silence to an end.

The position as we understand it is as described in this weekend's articles by Phil Hay in the Yorkshire Evening Post and TimPM on The Scratching Shed, and as alluded to by Neil Warnock in his interviews. The lack of transfer funds is indicative of a poor cash flow situation at Elland Road, which could leave the club in a precarious position if investment is not found. The takeover deal is now split into three independent parts, with negotiations between the club, the buyers, and Ken Bates. During the negotiation process, the buyers have made payments into the club; due diligence was completed several weeks ago, and the buyers remain patient and determined to see the takeover through. We understand that a deal for the takeover for the club is all but complete, and only separate negotiations with Ken Bates are delaying the deal now.

This week's spontaneous 'Pen4Ken' protest showed that many Leeds fans want the takeover deal to be signed as soon as possible, so that the club can concentrate all its efforts on building for the future. We expect there will be many more demonstrations of this kind if a deal is not completed, and L.U.S.T. will always be supportive of fans who wish to make their voices heard in peaceable and original ways.

We ask that Ken Bates, the club, and the buyers take serious notice of the wishes of the fans, and conclude the takeover as soon as possible. L.U.S.T.’s Vision Statement calls for change at Leeds United, and for three months now we have been on the brink of perhaps the most significant change Elland Road has seen for years. The future of Leeds United is more important than the personal interests of Ken Bates, and all parties involved in the negotiations need to pull out all the stops to make sure that the present opportunity is not squandered, and that the future of Leeds United is a positive one.

Supporters can also join more than 7,500 other Leeds fans and have their voice heard as members of the Leeds United Supporters’ Trust by filling in the form atwww.lufctrust.org. Membership is free. Keep checking for updates on www.lufctrust.org, and our Facebook and Twitter pages

L.U.S.T ending their silence is good timing, it has been rumoured that the bidders have already put money into the club and this confirms it. That's a big step by them and surely Bates needs to sell.

Let's say they've funded contracts that the current regime couldn't pay, if Bates pulls out now then the club will still have to pay those contracts.

Other alternatives is they've given the club a loan or maybe have bought some shares already.

Either way it's a bit more pressure to get the deal done.

JokerD wrote: »
    L.U.S.T ending their silence is good timing, it has been rumoured that the bidders have already put money into the club and this confirms it. That's a big step by them and surely Bates needs to sell.

Let's say they've funded contracts that the current regime couldn't pay, if Bates pulls out now then the club will still have to pay those contracts.

Other alternatives is they've given the club a loan or maybe have bought some shares already.

Either way it's a bit more pressure to get the deal done.

More than likely why mcormack stayed, why else would he??

QUOTE (boozie @ Aug 27 2012, 10:26 AM)
    I've said before the buyers currently at the table are in it for the long haul. They have invested too much £ into this takeover just to let it collapse. They want Leeds United and are in no rush to push it through. The longer this goes on the bigger the pressure on Bates to sell, the money is running out and he knows the buyers are ready to step in. They are in a great negotiation position.

I estimated that their legal fees are already between 1 and 2 million (probably nearer two) and they have already paid 4million to the club. They are not going to walk away from that kind of money because Bates wants to play games. These are big boys who have played with bigger boys(I was going to say fish but that just leads to more puns) than Ken Bates.

I don't see this happening before Friday (just my opinion) but I do still see this happening.*

* I base all this on the last update I had on Saturday, who knows what has gone on since then. LUST statement should hopefully rattle Bates some more.

QUOTE (boozie @ Aug 27 2012, 10:47 AM)
    Re: the money put into the club. I don't know the exact terms on which this was given. However, I understand there has been much negotiation about this. The buyers believed this was for the club for transfers/wages/general cash-flow. Bates believes this was for him because he allowed them exclusivity! There was a huge disagreement about this money but I understand this has been resolved. I dont know how it has been resolved.

The only remaining issue is Bates taking his legal advice from the lawyers he hired and signing the thing.

QUOTE (billyisgod @ Aug 27 2012, 10:45 AM)
    very pleased to see the statement to our members being so well recieved, we have not been able to add much to what is already in the public domain but felt it was important we summarised the situation as we understand it just to try and bring some reason to the debate and answer the thousands of requests we have had.

can i also say a big thanks to boozie who is putting a lot of meat on the bones so to speak, he is doing you all a great service and deserves a lot of credit for that, cheers boozie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

what do ye think the chances of the Notts forest game being moved for telly? I was thinking of going

Tonight's team vs Oxford:

Ashdown, Lees, Kisnorbo, Pearce, Drury, Byram, Brown, Austin, White, Gray, Diouf

As today was supposedly d-day for signing Diouf, I'm not sure if his inclusion means we've signed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

2-0 Austin & Byram

• Advertisement

Tom Lees got the third.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement