Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House in Rathmines for 250K

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

4ensic15 wrote: »
    The mate went to look at it. It is 2 storey, own door and in Rathmines, off the Upper Rathmines Road. It is only about 350 sq feet and there is no outside space at all. The front door opens directly from the living room into a lane. It is old but has been fully modernised. He wanted to go for it as a starter house but his girlfriend just won't have it. The bedrooms are tiny. Natural light is poor.

Bedrooms? In a 350 sq foot 2 story house? Given the wasted space with stairs and landing etc. I am very surprised there is more than one bedroom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Bedrooms? In a 350 sq foot 2 story house? Given the wasted space with stairs and landing etc. I am very surprised there is more than one bedroom.

The stairs is a dogleg . The landing is about 26 inches square. Toilet and h/b in a cubicle in front and a bedroom on each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The stairs is a dogleg . The landing is about 26 inches square. Toilet and h/b in a cubicle in front and a bedroom on each side.

:confused: for the whole thread. tis very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Well I found this one...it's Ranelagh, not Rathmines: but it IS within a fifteen-minute walk of Rathmines Library. (and the Swan Centre)

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/ranelagh/19-colliers-avenue-ranelagh-dublin-1946751/

For a measly 315K you can have a tiny, tiny freehold, own front door, as handy and central as anyone could want.
    That's some layout. It looks like there's a laneway behind it and the neighbours have built up though so you could probably replace the extension with a two storey and make it a very cool singleton's pad. Lot of money though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Well I found this one...it's Ranelagh, not Rathmines: but it IS within a fifteen-minute walk of Rathmines Library. (and the Swan Centre)

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/ranelagh/19-colliers-avenue-ranelagh-dublin-1946751/

For a measly 315K you can have a tiny, tiny freehold, own front door, as handy and central as anyone could want.

It's more than 10K a Sqm. That's insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

It's more than 10K a Sqm. That's insane.
    I wouldn't pay it but five cottages have sold on that street in the last two years and they've gone for 325, 365, 580, 304 and 450. Some people really want to live in Ranelagh I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

The mate went to look at it. He wanted to go for it as a starter house but his girlfriend just won't have it.

So it's all yours now?
    The landing is about 26 inches square.

And the landing is smaller than can actually fit a human?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Effects wrote: »
    So it's all yours now?
    It wouldn't suit me. It might work as a buy to let if I had the money.
    Effects wrote: »
    And the landing is smaller than can actually fit a human?

I don't know how big you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Ron Jeremy would struggle to get his thingymajig into a 26 sq inch space

Advertisement