Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What gods do you pray to?

Options
  • 18-05-2012 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

I pray to Crom... but I seldom pray to him, he doesn't listen.
    He is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, "What is the riddle of steel?" If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me. That's Crom, strong on his mountain!
    Crom laughs at your "Gods". He laughs from his mountain.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Crom is right to laugh, that's a crazy mixed up belief system you have going there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

My best friend Subotai prays to the four winds. He says his god is stronger. That it is the everlasting sky! And Crom lives underneath him.

I am skeptical of this.

My Father told me that Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is my god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. I must learn its riddle. I must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can I trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.
    This I can trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

And I think you can also trust that this is the end of this.

There are other places you can go to channel your inner barbarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

That's a great film though even if Cork Boy is extracting the urine from us. I wonder if they realised that Crom was an Irish god and researched it or if they just like the name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Duncan Keegan

I think Conan's creator had some acquaintance with Irish myth and legend, and that's where you get 'Conan', and 'Crom' and God knows what else in there.

And now all I can think about is what is best in life...To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Which makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tom75

Every day have a new god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Ok Cork boy, after 3 years we have been more than tolerant. Post anything like this again in this forum and I'll ban you. Movie forum is that-a-way.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Taltos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement