Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hangar18_

Just got mine Smyth's now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Smyth's were gone in seconds I had it in the basket for delivery but it was gone at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

tnegun wrote: »
    Smyth's were gone in seconds I had it in the basket for delivery but it was gone at checkout

Really? I was able to buy it for about 10 minutes.

I was gonna buy one for a mate that wants one but he never replied on time. Sucks for him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Catvoca

Sat in the GameStop “queue” since 9:35 but never got in.

Had in the checkout at smyths but the AIB security thing didn’t load and when I refreshed it was OOS. Not my day lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭jj880

And 4 months after launch!

Hopefully once everyone's vaccinated up and gets out and about there'll be PS5s for everyone who wants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

GS are a joke.
    Was in the queue from the first 5 seconds.
    Never opened up for me.
    Glad in a way, I was feeling sick at the thought of giving those wankbags my money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

marcbrophy wrote: »
    GS are a joke.
    Was in the queue from the first 5 seconds.
    Never opened up for me.
    Glad in a way, I was feeling sick at the thought of giving those wankbags my money :D

This is the third time GS's lottery system failed me, luckly I got one from old trusty Smyths during GS drop:D

lemonkey wrote: »
    Really? I was able to buy it for about 10 minutes.

I was gonna buy one for a mate that wants one but he never replied on time. Sucks for him :pac:

Yeah I was on the phone though so maybe it had an impact. If anyone got one and could spare it I know this is no chat so apologies and I hate to play the sympathy card but I've a 10 year old who's being relentlessly bullied in school pr1cks have him not wanting to go back to school after just 3 days this week. He really wants a PS5 and he's been saving for ages and I'm going to cover the difference so have cash ready to go in the Maynooth area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I was in the gamestop virtual q for ages then saw the tweet about smyths. Jumped right on and got one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah I was on the phone though so maybe it had an impact. If anyone got one and could spare it I know this is no chat so apologies and I hate to play the sympathy card but I've a 10 year old who's being relentlessly bullied in school pr1cks have him not wanting to go back to school after just 3 days this week. He really wants a PS5 and he's been saving for ages and I'm going to cover the difference so have cash ready to go in the Maynooth area.
    Unfortunately I don't, but I have some tips after getting one:
    Log into gamestop and smyths. Make sure your details are in. Make sure "remember me" is clicked so you stay logged in.
    Go here. Create a shortcut on your phone home page for that.
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-5/playstation-5-consoles/playstation-5-console/p/191259
    Do the same with GS.
    Make sure your card is on google pay.

Follow @ps5_ireland on twitter, create alerts for his tweets.

As soon as you see a tweet with smyths in the title, click the smyths link on your home page. Click a deal that isn't just the PS5, get one with the extra controller or something.

I was on earlier and happened to be looking at my phone when the tweet came in, so I was quick. But he did give us warning, that's why I was looking.

From the PS5_Ireland twitter Currys Naas are taking names for consoles this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Sincere apologies for the non stock post BUT I think this is pertinent.

https://www.polygon.com/22345099/ps3-ps-vita-psp-playstation-store-shutting-down-closes

Worth considering if you're on the fence between physical and digital versions.

/interruption

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

I'm probably not going to follow/post anymore since I got mine during the last Smyths drop (finally!), but if anyone is still looking for one, Argos apparently have some but you need to go in store and ask there.

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland/status/1374736900100083713

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Was walking past a Curry’s today and said f**k it I will take a shot. Went in and enquired about going on their waiting list, the two lads exchanged a look and said nothing for a second. Then boom, “there is one out the back but please don’t post online that you just got one here, we’ll have a load of people in and it’s genuinely the only one we have left”.

Not divulging which Curry’s as I gave my word, but moral of the story is chance it. They are starting to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Was walking past a Curry’s today and said f**k it I will take a shot. Went in and enquired about going on their waiting list, the two lads exchanged a look and said nothing for a second. Then boom, “there is one out the back but please don’t post online that you just got one here, we’ll have a load of people in and it’s genuinely the only one we have left”.

Not divulging which Curry’s as I gave my word, but moral of the story is chance it. They are starting to turn up.

I done the same yesterday in currys swords. He told me that they had stopped taking names due to the amount on lists already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I asked in Curry’s Dundalk and no help, would not even take my name!

Powercity has ~400 disk one in stock: https://powercity.ie/product/395003

EDIT: site died

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

muddypuppy wrote: »
    Powercity has ~400 disk one in stock: https://powercity.ie/product/395003

Their site is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

managed to get one, saw the link on discord and got there in time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

5star02707 wrote: »

Took my money but then the payment gateway said there was a problem going back to the website.

Just have to wait for the confirmation email I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

troyzer wrote: »
    Took my money but then the payment gateway said there was a problem going back to the website.

That website is a disaster, you'd think they'd invest a bit of money in it. I'd be phoning up tomorrow first thing if I were you, I wouldn't be surprised if that went nowhere.

troyzer wrote: »

Same happened to a friend of mine, got called later to confirm the order and they said delivery this ~friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭eggy81

Did Argos drop any stock yet at all. Hard to believe it’s still difficult to get 1 at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

eggy81 wrote:
    Did Argos drop any stock yet at all. Hard to believe it’s still difficult to get 1 at this stage

Not classed as an essential item.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Any signs of the stock situation levelling out soon? I was reading the other day that stock in Japan was stabilising (although I don't think demand was as high as they had hoped for).

Hoping to pick one up in mid May and just wondering if I should still be looking out for stock drops from the end of this month or will it be a bit easier to get one soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I haven't been on this thread for months. I also haven't been actively pursuing a ps5 for a while either. Where would be the best shop to make enquiries. Id like to have one for the resident evil 8 release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I haven't been on this thread for months. I also haven't been actively pursuing a ps5 for a while either. Where would be the best shop to make enquiries. Id like to have one for the resident evil 8 release

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland

Follow this guy. He always posts when stock drops anywhere. There hasn't been anything for about a week though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

OhHiMark wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland

Follow this guy. He always posts when stock drops anywhere. There hasn't been anything for about a week though.

I started following this guy and within two weeks i had secured one. Tips id suggest us subscribe to him on twitter and click on the bell to get all updates.

Advertisement