Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lads, im gonna have one hell of a ratio of rage if we cant move on soon...

Headshot, more articles plz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Lads, im gonna have one hell of a ratio of rage if we cant move on soon...

Headshot, more articles plz.

lol

iv been trying for the last few minutes to change the topic by using an article but I cant find anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

kryogen wrote: »
    no dont be silly

but you do seem a little angry today, everything ok mate?

might do you good to get it off your chest?

Nah mate like United, im all good!

Just seems like we're talking ****e for the sake of keeping the thread going. I mean, any comparison between Ronaldo and Valencia are a bit daft no matter what ratios (lol) we use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

elgriff wrote: »
    You can't have a ratio without two things. You are wrong. Just forget you said it and leave it. If you were taking about goals, one could presume you meant goals to game ratio, but when talking about crosses, there are too many variables that you could have been referring to (even in the goals example, you could have been referring to the goals to shots ratio etc).

If you are having problems on working out the ratios, please call the Mathematics Helpline on 1800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

What does everyone make of Asenjo? He'll be up against Real Madrid on Sunday. I think he looks good. Haven't seen enough of him tho.

ANYTHING TO DRAG US AWAY FROM THAT STUPID ARGUEMENT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

This argument is ridiculous.

I know its stupid, all i did was post a reply to a comment about Valencia and Ronaldo and suddenly get questioned.

On Hargreaves. If he still suffering from pain then that wouldnt be filling me with confidence.

Cleverely has scored for Watford tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Osu wrote: »
    What does everyone make of Asenjo? He'll be up against Real Madrid on Sunday. I think he looks good. Haven't seen enough of him tho.T

I've not seeing him play but will keep an eye out on sunday. What position does he play?
    Cleverely has scored for Watford tonight!

He has done well since his move, anyone think he is good enough to make the step up to Manutd first team for next season?

Vanbis wrote: »
    I've not seeing him play but will keep an eye out on sunday. What position does he play?

Goalkeeper.

Vanbis wrote: »
    He has done well since his move, anyone think he is good enough to make the step up to Manutd first team for next season?

Think he needs a year in the Premiership first. Not sure how he would fare in the EPL. Looks great in the Championship tho.

What does everyone make of Asenjo? He'll be up against Real Madrid on Sunday. I think he looks good. Haven't seen enough of him tho.

ANYTHING TO DRAG US AWAY FROM THAT STUPID ARGUEMENT!

Is Asenjo starting for sure? De Gae has been playing for Atleti most times ive been watching them recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

got to love valenica's CM Banega

love to see him in a utd shirt

Is Asenjo starting for sure? De Gae has been playing for Atleti most times ive been watching them recently.

I read somewhere yesterday that De Gea had a re-occurrence of the injury that kept him out of the Galatasary.

EDIT: Anyways doesn't Flores always play Asenjo in the big games. De Gea is only 18/19. Asenjo has more experience than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Think he needs a year in the Premiership first. Not sure how he would fare in the EPL. Looks great in the Championship tho.
    Asenjo has lost his place in the team since around January, de Gea (19 year old) has preformed really well since coming in and it doesn't look like Asenjo will be getting back into the team any time soon.

He did preform well prior to Janruary, but it I think it is just a case of de Gea been outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I think we should sign de Gea just because of his name.
    Eamonn and co. would have great fun with that one.:p

On the Asenjo & Da Gea debate, who has the better interception of crosses ratio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Jaysus; Chelsea are 1 point behind us and Arsenal are 2 points!

It could go to anyone :(

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Jaysus; Chelsea are 1 point behind us and Arsenal are 2 points!

It could go to anyone :(

I think we can safely say that Portsmouth are out of the running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I think we can safely say that Portsmouth are out of the running.

liverpool too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cleverley has looked great for Watford, but its obviously a big difference between playing for Watford in the Championship and making the step up to playing for Manchester United in the Premier League & Champions League

Not sure he is ready myself (or ever will be tbh) id like to see him go on loan to an established prem team next year (Bolton,Wigan etc.) somewhere where he will get plenty of games and we get a real good look at how he does in the top flight

• Advertisement

As i said earlier, the club have announced a price freeze on tickets for next season, article relating to it here

Man Utd to freeze ticket prices

The cost of watching Manchester United will remain the same next season
    Manchester United has confirmed it is freezing ticket prices next season.

There has been criticism of the Glazers for price rises since their takeover in 2005, and many fans have joined a green -and-gold protest against the owners.

As recently as this month, there had speculation that further increases were in the pipeline for fans of the Old Trafford club.

But the club has now announced that prices will be kept on hold for the 2010/11 season.

The club said the price of attending a match at Old Trafford for members and season-ticket holders would remain priced from £27 to £49.

And fans aged over 65 will continue to pay half the adult price, capped at £20, with junior tickets staying at £10.

Debt at Manchester United is £716.5m and a number of wealthy United fans - the "Red Knights" - want to wrest control of the club away from the Glazer family.

Working with the "Red Knights" is the Manchester United Supporters' Trust (Must), which is running a vocal campaign to bring about a change of ownership and has recruited nearly 150,000 members and the fans' group presented the ticket-price freeze as their first "victory".

"This clearly demonstrates the power supporters have when they come together as a unified group", said Must chief executive Duncan Drasdo.

"We know from sources inside the club that the Glazers are very concerned about the growing Green & Gold campaign which has seen the membership counter on the Manchester United Supporters Trust website increase from 36,000 two months ago to 145,000."

"The campaign is only two months old but this is an incredible victory at such an early stage and will undoubtedly be a huge boost to supporters."

The Glazer family have said they have no intention of selling the club, while United chief executive David Gill has said he is happy with the club's current business model.

Always liked them Glazers i did!

*note: that was a joke. i feel i have to add this note as the way things are going in this thread lately i fear my IP may be tracked and my house burned down if i just left it as "Always liked them Glazers i did!" - All my love, Mikey.

i would say thats a good call Mikey

cant be too careful these days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Look at that. A lovely, clearly legible article within a beautiful sculpted square quotation box. I think this thread is all the better for it!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Hope them Rodwell rumours are true, and wouldn't be surprised if they were :)

what rumours?

dont you know we need proper articles/rumours posted up to avoid discussion cross ratios etc... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

what rumours?

dont you know we need proper articles/rumours posted up to avoid discussion cross ratios etc... ;)

I LOVE cross ratios.

photofig2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I LOVE cross ratios.

photofig2.gif

Feck off maths!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

what rumours?

Rodwell was benched this evening because it was found out by the Everton bosses that he'd been meeting with United.

But Moyes reckons he'll be playing for Everton next season, then going to United.

I'd say Moyes will want to keep United sweet too, if he has any designs on stepping up after the ferg retires.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Des wrote: »
    Rodwell was benched this evening because it was found out by the Everton bosses that he'd been meeting with United.

Are United being accused of tapping up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

no, and the player ain't being too harshly reprimanded either, wanna keep both him and united sweet to try and get another year out of him.

• Advertisement

Are United being accused of tapping up?

I was just thinking that, but then again, there's always someone whinging about United tapping up their players.

It happens in football, like it or not.

I think the rumour actually goes that "Moyes got wind of a meeting", maybe the club had given permission to the player, and not told Moyes.

Who knows though?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    no, and the player ain't being too harshly reprimanded either, wanna keep both him and united sweet to try and get another year out of him.

And as I said, your mate David will want to keep United sweet himself.

true dat. dignity dave won't want to upset his evil overlord.

But Moyes reckons he'll be playing for Everton next season, then going to United.

I'd say Moyes will want to keep United sweet too, if he has any designs on stepping up after the ferg retires.

Really? I dunno, I mean, Everton, have one hell of a case for tapping up if true dont they?

Wouldnt mind seeing how he progresses next season, think he will end up as a CB and could well be worth a punt if he continues his progress well

Mr Alan wrote: »
    true dat. dignity dave won't want to upset his evil overlord.

back under your bridge you, this was a civil discussion til you started that shíte :pac:

Really? I dunno, I mean, Everton, have one hell of a case for tapping up if true dont they?

Look at what Al said though, it's all smoke and daggers.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wouldnt mind seeing how he progresses next season, think he will end up as a CB and could well be worth a punt if he continues his progress well

I reckon he will be a DM when he matures fully - kinda like Carrick in positioning (lets not start another carrick debate on that though!).

Whether that future is at United I have no idea - the links are often and strong though.

the two clubs have pretty good relations though, so id imagine united would just approach them first and i cant see why they would not allow dialogue if approached in the right way

of course tapping up does go on, and every club can probably be shown to have done it in the past (every big club)

of course tapping up does go on, and every club can probably be shown to have done it in the past (every big club)

I've tried to tap up players ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I've tried to tap up players ffs.

Dirty fecker.

Gary Cahill has declared himself fit to play against us, boost for Bolton

michael_bolton2.jpg

Bolton Schmolten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

isnt he usually on the bench?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I dont believe those rumours for a second.

I think someone is trying to fabricate a rumour similar to how the lads on RedCafe did with Kaka signing for Utd last year.

thought that myself also!

:D
    Archimedes wrote: »
    I dont believe those rumours for a second.

I think someone is trying to fabricate a rumour similar to how the lads on RedCafe did with Kaka signing for Utd last year.

is this someone someone you know ?

someone i know?

someone i wann know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

what rumours?

Exactly, the thread title says it all. And don't forget those articles must come from the broadsheets, to ensure a higher quality of rumour and gossip.

Re Rodwell, I think it's pretty obvious that United and Everton have an excellent relationship, I'd be surprised if either club did anything to undermine that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

tbh after United gave them €27-30m for Rooney when he was reasonably unproven at 18 and sold them Neville and Saha reasonably cheap they owe us one imo ;)

I'm just thinking that the way people seem to be getting around this tapping up stuff is by the player's agent meeting the buying club, seeing if his client is happy and then the buying makes their move. Is it legal (although it's totally unethical) to do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Liam O wrote: »
    tbh after United gave them €27-30m for Rooney when he was reasonably unproven at 18 and sold them Neville and Saha reasonably cheap they owe us one imo ;)

I'm just thinking that the way people seem to be getting around this tapping up stuff is by the player's agent meeting the buying club, seeing if his client is happy and then the buying makes their move. Is it legal (although it's totally unethical) to do that?

Like a head shop.

You can add Howard to your list of player we have sold them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement