Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20% off Irish Rail for o2 treats customers (and anyone else!)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭annalucia

On facebook they said they will post discount codes soon, anyone hear anything, got loads of trains to get at the end of the year!! Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just got a text from Irish Rail...
    10% further discount on student rail fares! Simply book online (Irishrail.ie) from 11pm Dec 14th & 12am Dec 19th & quote STU113 to get an extra 10% off your fare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Just got a text from Irish Rail...

Didn't work for me: Got this reply:

That voucher number does not entitle you to a discount.

Please check the number and re-enter.

Peter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Peadar06 wrote: »
    Didn't work for me: Got this reply:

That voucher number does not entitle you to a discount.

Please check the number and re-enter.

Peter

Hmmmm, not sure why it didn't work.
    Do you have a student travelcard? By the sounds of it, I'd say you have to enter your student travelcard number as well as the code to get the discount when you are making your booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Iv been criticized for giving out a code before it can be used, but if somebody is planning to buy a ticket now, you may want to wait until Friday to purchase.

10% off all fares when you purchase your ticket on-line with the discount code: LVL1135

The code is valid from 9am on Friday 17/12, until midnight on Sunday 20/12. The code can be used during this time to purchase tickets for up to 28 days in the future.

CC

Hmmmm, not sure why it didn't work.
    Do you have a student travelcard? By the sounds of it, I'd say you have to enter your student travelcard number as well as the code to get the discount when you are making your booking.

I have a student travelcard, don't worry anyway. Thanks CowbatCow for code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I was booking online to go to Cork last night and the fare was €46 which I was happy with because if you go to the station it's €70+. For some reason I checked how much a one way fare to Cork was and it was €10! I then check a one way fare from Cork to Dublin and it was €20. So I booked both and basically got a return fare for €30, that's nearly 60% less then the cost of buying at the station and 40% cheaper then the online return fare!!! If you're planning on traveling I would suggest checking the one way fares and seeing if you can get a better deal!

I presume if you use the 10% off code above then you will get it even cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Lollymcd wrote: »
    I was booking online to go to Cork last night and the fare was €46 which I was happy with because if you go to the station it's €70+. For some reason I checked how much a one way fare to Cork was and it was €10! I then check a one way fare from Cork to Dublin and it was €20. So I booked both and basically got a return fare for €30, that's nearly 60% less then the cost of buying at the station and 40% cheaper then the online return fare!!! If you're planning on traveling I would suggest checking the one way fares and seeing if you can get a better deal!

I presume if you use the 10% off code above then you will get it even cheaper!

For the same time trains? Any time I have booked a return online it has given me the sum of the two one way fares as the return fare, it has never been more expensive than the two individual fares booked separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

lainey316 wrote: »
    For the same time trains? Any time I have booked a return online it has given me the sum of the two one way fares as the return fare, it has never been more expensive than the two individual fares booked separately.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

lainey316 wrote: »
    tommy21 wrote: »
    +1

Yes! It was for exactly the same trains! That's why I was so surprised!!! 7am leaving Dublin and 6.30pm leaving Cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Any new codes around
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

This would be useful if they actually let me buy tickets online for my journey! It says they can't be reserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

D e e wrote: »
    This would be useful if they actually let me buy tickets online for my journey! It says they can't be reserved.

If train isn't booked out, somebody probably reserved the same seat you selected while you were in the process of buying your ticket. Just try again.

Happy Christmas Everyone :-) 25% off bookings - simply enter either code "FB1137" or "TWT1138" when booking online here before midnight tonight.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kairi

simply enter either code "FB1137" or "TWT1138" when booking online here before midnight tonight.

Peter
    Used FB1137.
    Thanks a million Peter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Happy Christmas Everyone :-) 25% off bookings - simply enter either code "FB1137" or "TWT1138" when booking online here before midnight tonight.

Peter

Was just about to post this!
    As always, thanks a million Peter & all the other posters.
    Happy Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wgk

Hey just wondering if any codes floating about for travel tomorrow (31st)

Much appreciated!

W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Irish Rail Happy New Year Folks ~ 20% off bookings - simply enter code "FB1139" when booking online www.irishrail.ie before midnight tonight.

At last, I get to post one of these discounts! Thanks to all the OPs who've saved me a fortune over the past few months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    Anyone have any codes...have to book a few trips to Dublin in the coming days!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bubso14

Hi all,

Heading to Dublin this weekend (14-16 Jan). Anyone have any discount codes please before I book.

Really appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wgk

Just bumping this cos planning on booking a ticket in the next day or two and would really appreciate any codes floating about

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement