Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle e-reader

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Mundo7976 wrote:
    Best price ive seen especially on the paperwhite (instore, dont like purchasing these items online)

Tnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Seoda1

Nice one, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭beecee

I assume these are free of special offers (on the device)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

beecee wrote: »
    I assume these are free of special offers (on the device)?
    Buy the one in Argos, get onto Amazon chat, tell them Argos never told you there would be ads on your device, they'll remove them for you right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

slightly off topic, but i recently gave up on my ereader recently. dublin library has online catalogue of hundreds of audiobooks for free. i now prefer to go for a walk and get my books into my brain that way. different stokes for different folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

slightly off topic, but i recently gave up on my ereader recently. dublin library has online catalogue of hundreds of audiobooks for free. i now prefer to go for a walk and get my books into my brain that way. different stokes for different folks.

Anyway....

What's the story with the ads on the paperwhite?
    I wasn't aware of this - do you have to pay to avoid them or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

If you buy off Amazon you can pay extra for a Kindle without ads. I bought one the other day in Argos (€99 for a 6" 8gb) and it had no mention of ads in the catalogue and I haven't seen any on it since getting it.

Advertisement