Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Master stroke.

Phoenix from the flames.

Credit due.

My stream died 20 minutes in.

Good god almighty.

I watched it on my phone I said. My paid stream died. I watched it on a free not great stream but watched the match. Missed all the var stuff though. You will see me asking about it in the forum not knowing what was going on at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Tactics in the second half were awful waiting for them to score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That was a much better performance than I was expecting. We probably should have won it but again, we’ve conceded a goal from a mistake. We constantly do it.

I thought Fred, McTominay and Pereira had good games.

Disappointed we couldn’t see it out tho, it’s just very frustrating that the team can put in a performance like this and we’ll more than likely roll over for Norwich next week.

I legit do not know how anybody could say that Fred or Pereira had a good game. Pereira broke down so many attacks with poor decision making and Fred was a headless chicken who is massively negative in possession and gets caught on the ball too often. McT was good, as was Rashford and James. Rest were all okay bar Fred and Pereira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A point is really point-less, we are in a state of limbo here.

Are we going to pick up 6 points from Norwich and Chelsea? I highly doubt it, if we are on 13/14 points after 11 games you could say with a reasonable degree of certainty that we will finish on around 50-60 points this season at best, which means a finish anywhere between 7th-11th looking at last years table, so the league season is pretty much a write off.

I think from the PR comments this week they all but confirm that Ole will be given a full season unless we are pulled into a relegation battle, I think we will get to the knockouts of the europa and that’s what is going to keep Ole in the job, they’ll give him some money to spend in January for a tilt at that competition and see how it goes, if we go out early they’ll get rid of Ole when top 4 is mathematically impossible which could be March/April at the rate we are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Norwich and Chelsea?

Norwich, Bournemouth, Brighton, Sheffield United, Aston Villa.

Let's see if we can string together a few results like when Ole joined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

limnam wrote: »
    Nothing gets passed you.

past :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,458 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

past :)

Quality contribution, thanks for that :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

The performance and result didnt worry me

What did worry me is another injury and this in warm up.

I know injuries happen but there has to be more to it than bad luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

He’s actually right !! Go get Kane !!

What are you staring at !!

Same way we got Cole , Yorke, Rooney ,Saha , Berbatov RVP .

We have historically bought the best strikers from clubs , go get Kane !

I think Kane priced himself out of a move by signing that contract extension.

Spurs would ask for a ridiculous amount of money for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭blackwave

He’s actually right !! Go get Kane !!

What are you staring at !!

Same way we got Cole , Yorke, Rooney ,Saha , Berbatov RVP .

We have historically bought the best strikers from clubs , go get Kane !

Thing is Kane has not been as good as he was the last while, not sure if it is the ankle injuries or if it is tactics but he is not the same player he was a two seasons ago. Our team is already full of injury prone players do we want another who is already seems to be on the wane slightly?

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

blackwave wrote: »
    Thing is Kane has not been as good as he was the last while, not sure if it is the ankle injuries or if it is tactics but he is not the same player he was a two seasons ago. Our team is already full of injury prone players do we want another who is already seems to be on the wane slightly?

If 47 goals in 71 appearances is considered to be on the same, we are really judging him by how bloody excellent he was for 4 years prior.

I do agree he's had some niggles , but he's still going to be a 20+ a season person for the next few years I'd say.

He'd also cost a near world record fee unless spurs really Have to sell for some reason. English premium, Levy, Proven premier league and world class really.

Rashford saying that they started inviting pressure and stopped doing what they did in the first half in his interview. Might be a little telling, stopped short of saying it was tactical imo

Always get this feeling that Kane would tank if he left Spurs. Just feel like playing there fits him.

Im a big fan of kane he is a superb all round striker and a great finisher but would be worried about paying so much for him, the injury rumours have been floating about for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Damien360

Weepsie wrote: »

He'd also cost a near world record fee unless spurs really Have to sell for some reason. English premium, Levy, Proven premier league and world class really.

Add PL club with money buying him with all the above and he would obliterate the world record fee to purchase him. A true poacher and well worth a punt but my god Levy will rob Utd blind.

Rashford saying that they started inviting pressure and stopped doing what they did in the first half in his interview. Might be a little telling, stopped short of saying it was tactical imo

The players blaming the manager

Who’d have thought it

Bed time lads, big day in work tomorrow for me and Ole now that he has his team firing he can start implementing more of his plan. LVG tried the 3-5-2 to 5-4-1 switch and couldn’t master it but Ole seems to have got 80 minutes of it on his first try.

Futures bright. In Ole I trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

BDI wrote: »
    Bed time lads, big day in work tomorrow for me and Ole now that he has his team firing he can start implementing more of his plan. LVG tried the 3-5-2 to 5-4-1 switch and couldn’t master it but Ole seems to have got 80 minutes of it on his first try.

Futures bright. In Ole I trust.

You have to be a parody account or hit your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

rob316 wrote: »

But there's nobody thanking the posts so it mustn't be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

blackwave wrote: »

Think he's actually looked sharper than he has in ages over the past month or so. Looks leaner and quicker on the turn, and still scoring goals.

Any high cost player is a gamble, but could do worse than a wholesale raid on Spurs for both Poch and Kane.

Spurs aren't gonna make any money on Eriksen or Toby, so they need to start bringing in cash to fund the next phase of their growth. Think they'd actually be willing to sell Kane, and make Son the main man.

rob316 wrote: »

The first man to make a blue print to beat Liverpool this season. He did it with a mid table squad with half a team injured.

He deserves credit.

Supporting the manager of the club I support, must be mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The first man to make a blue print to beat Liverpool this season. He did it with a mid table squad with half a team injured.

He deserves credit.

That manager has to earn the support having a decent game against a team that unperformed on the day doesn't make the last 8 months disappear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

He deserves credit.

Bit of a sh1te blueprint because it didn't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Think he's actually looked sharper than he has in ages over the past month or so. Looks leaner and quicker on the turn, and still scoring goals.

Any high cost player is a gamble, but could do worse than a wholesale raid on Spurs for both Poch and Kane.

Spurs aren't gonna make any money on Eriksen or Toby, so they need to start bringing in cash to fund the next phase of their growth. Think they'd actually be willing to sell Kane, and make Son the main man.

looking sharper with his blank returns in matches please :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,126 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He deserves credit.

We drew?

Your flip is so far from your flop its amazing.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    But there's nobody thanking the posts so it mustn't be?

Is this bizarre fixation with who thanks who's posts still on going? Change the record

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Is this bizarre fixation with who thanks who's posts still on going? Change the record

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

ole's at the wheeeeel! Tell me how good does it feel.!

Get the contract extension clause out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,553 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

+1

:pac:

Genuinely made me laugh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement