Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced working hours due to COVID19

Options
  • 24-03-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi boards members,
    Just thinking now and looking trough all available forms for unemployment due to COVID19.

My situation is a bit different to all scenarios explained on the gov.ie / welfare website.

I am working on a full-time roaster that is done at least 3 weeks ahead. Now, my working hours are significantly reduced to 20h a week or less (depending on the situation in the retail store).

My contract of employment is for minimum 15 hours a week - how is that affecting my possibility to get a help from social welfare for the balance of hours cut - therefore applying for the short term work form?

If I was about to apply for short-term work support payment - my working hours are calculated as full-time employment or the amount of hours on the contract (15 in my case) therefore not allowing me to apply for the benefit?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,731 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you need the cash, just apply now.

They'lll pay you, but you'll likely have to fill in dockets about days worked / not-worked later on, so keep records of what you did.

Advertisement