Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance renewal - break cover

Options
  • 31-03-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Car insurance is up for renewal next week:
    - 2 car household, only using 1 car rarely at the moment - I'm a named driver on other policy
    - Does breaking policy cover cause an issue if I go to renew in a few months?

Policy renewal is circa €700, seems a waste to sign up now whilst car is effectively sitting there

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

supue wrote: »
    Car insurance is up for renewal next week:
    - 2 car household, only using 1 car rarely at the moment - I'm a named driver on other policy
    - Does breaking policy cover cause an issue if I go to renew in a few months?

Policy renewal is circa €700, seems a waste to sign up now whilst car is effectively sitting there

Thanks

You keep no claims for 2 years.

They could give you any price they feel to be honest, shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

You keep no claims for 2 years.

They could give you any price they feel to be honest, shop around.

+1, my policy is up next week and my renewal quote was best by a long means over anything else I could obtain.
    Renewal quote came to €482, same details and cover as a new customer was showing as €602 with next best from any other provider at €628. Was surprised as previous renewal quotes tried to shaft so always had to change providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Check with the insurers of the car you named on, that you are not required to maintain a separate policy in your own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

+1, my policy is up next week and my renewal quote was best by a long means over anything else I could obtain.
    Renewal quote came to €482, same details and cover as a new customer was showing as €602 with next best from any other provider at €628. Was surprised as previous renewal quotes tried to shaft so always had to change providers.

That's a turn up for the books... .any reason ? Never heard it before...maybe twenty quid or something.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If you suspend cover and the car is damaged or stolen you're stuffed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement