Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homesecure Feedback

Options
  • 27-08-2019 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Anyone using HomeSecure and if so, what are they like?

The deal they are offering me is free installation (removing the 99e fee), 7 or 8 sensors for internal and perimeter protection. 35e contract with app for 36 months.

After the 3 years you own the equipment and can use as on/off but without monitoring (can do this myself on the app)

Over the 3 years works out €1,260 which doesn't seem bad.

Anyone any thoughts, and if you use them would be great to hear some feedback

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Anyone using HomeSecure and if so, what are they like?

The deal they are offering me is free installation (removing the 99e fee), 7 or 8 sensors for internal and perimeter protection. 35e contract with app for 36 months.

After the 3 years you own the equipment and can use as on/off but without monitoring (can do this myself on the app)

Over the 3 years works out €1,260 which doesn't seem bad.

Anyone any thoughts, and if you use them would be great to hear some feedback

Cheers

If they are installing the Zerowire panel then you can have self monitoring using the app after the 3 years if they release you from the cloud and another installer sets you up. Make sure you get the engineer code also.
    The Zerowire panel is available now to all installers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Also ask them to verify in writing that their wireless protocol is open and available to all installers.
    If not the system will be useless to you if you need any replacement parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Thanks both, I'll ask the installer about that and will get the engineer code too.

Yea it's the zerowire panel and if my memory serves me right they said that after the 3 years I can use the alarm normally for on/off with no monitoring but I'll confirm and update this once set up for anyone else intetested

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks both, I'll ask the installer about that and will get the engineer code too.

Yea it's the zerowire panel and if my memory serves me right they said that after the 3 years I can use the alarm normally for on/off with no monitoring but I'll confirm and update this once set up for anyone else intetested

Thanks again!

Once they set up the system it goes on the cloud for the company.
    If they release the panel from the cloud then you can self monitor the system using the app be that over wifi or the GSM network once another company sets this up for you so the cloud part is the most important part.
    Senors and that can be added to the system so your not tied into them as it can be defaulted and reprogrammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Thanks again!
    I’m curious as to how this worked out as this arrangement seems like a good option for us at the moment. Did you go with it in the end and did you confirm that you own the equipment at the end and that it’s actually usable? Thanks ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭caddy16

Hi folks, did anyone proceed with Homesure recently - is it the ajax sytem? If so how are you finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

And did you get engineer code or were you able to add more sensors/fobs yourself?

😎

Advertisement