Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club Championships 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    How on earth the linesman thought McHugh worthy of a yellow for that is mind boggling.

Was he expected to just take it? Ridiculous officiating, he seen the whole things ffs.

Agree shocking decision. He was completely taken out of the game and was just trying to get forward in attack. No free given either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

What’s the story now with Extra time. Na Fianna still entitled to field 15 players right?
    But not McHugh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Absolutely shocking decision to give a second yellow to Na Fiaana full forward at the end of the game. Should have been a free in for him and instead is given a yellow for trying to break free from a rugby tackle. I dont blame the ref as he was following the ball, it's the linesman looking straight at it that needs to give the ref some assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

What’s the story now with Extra time. Na Fianna still entitled to field 15 players right?
    But not McHugh?
    Thats right. back to 15 but no McHugh. I had mute Ger Canning and Dessie Dolan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Who is in the Dublin hurling final or is it over yet

Did the ref not let them take the 45 from the saved shot on the goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Game over. Goodnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

God. Dessie Dolan is do incredibly bad as a commentator.

"That's a massive score in the context of the game"

Jesus Dessie, ya think?

Square ball for the goal surely.

• Advertisement

kala85 wrote: »
    Who is in the Dublin hurling final or is it over yet

Bridgets n Cuala.

Ballyboden a very cynical team. Lots of fouls and dirty tactics off the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Good enjoyable watch that game was, just a pity the turning point was a goalkeeping error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

mugsymugsy wrote: »

When your star name is Michael, swinging elbows & late hits, Darragh- then what do you expect.

Team learn behaviour from their leaders and his is usually borderline deplorable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,477 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Celebrations cut short in Enniskerry who won the junior b final today in Wicklow. Celebrating on top of bus/some vehicle and many of them fell off the back. Awful to see!

Mushy wrote: »
    Celebrations cut short in Enniskerry who won the junior b final today in Wicklow. Celebrating on top of bus/some vehicle and many of them fell off the back. Awful to see!

Shocking. Hopefully nobody is badly injured. There will be a fair insurance claim there.

• Advertisement

kala85 wrote: »
    Shocking. Hopefully nobody is badly injured. There will be a fair insurance claim there.

Fingers crossed. Not nice to hear of on what should be a great night for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Mushy wrote: »

Yeah wish I didn't see it to be honest,it looked awful,please god they will be ok,I know its easy say it now but you would wonder why they had to be so high,a flat bed trailer would of done

Yeah wish I didn't see it to be honest,it looked awful,please god they will be ok,I know its easy say it now but you would wonder why they had to be so high,a flat bed trailer would of done

I'd heard of an accident, but thought the video was just of the celebrations. Was too slow to realise when saw the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭eigrod

Gardai have said none of the injuries are life threatening. 9 gone to hospital. Awful stuff.

eigrod wrote: »
    Gardai have said none of the injuries are life threatening. 9 gone to hospital. Awful stuff.

Luckily. Awful way to end a night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

eigrod wrote: »

Thank God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Just received the video on my club WhatsApp group. Looked horrendous. Thankfully no one seriously injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The video is going around like wildfire. That was some fall. Hardy lads to get up from that. Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Shocking video alright. I'd say there will be a few busy lawyers on Monday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They really did fall from a height, no major injuries thank God, but plenty of sore bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Raphael80

congratulations to St Colmcilles Grange Armagh on winning the Armagh intermediate championship final on 6 of October beating Shane O'Neill's on the score of 1-14 to 0-16 #upthedoves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Dear oh dear, and your angels are not, god give me strength

When your star name is Michael, swinging elbows & late hits, Darragh- then what do you expect.

Team learn behaviour from their leaders and his is usually borderline deplorable

Spoken like a true loser.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Dear oh dear, and your angels are not, god give me strength

Don't support either team was a neutral watching on RTE

Same as!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

Looking forward to Corofin or Tuam Stars making a run this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Looking forward to Corofin or Tuam Stars making a run this year.

Corofin will beat tuam handy unfortunately . Needs a change but doubt it will happen

Learn the rules of the game then. O’Mahoney should have been black and McHugh deservedly got 2nd yellow for two punches thrown in retaliation.

Same as!

Lol, yours was a personal attack on MacAuley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭kksaints

Three days away still, and I know I won't get a good night's sleep for a while, but the Wexford senior football final is the main event in the county this weekend. It has all the tools to be a humdinger, with both Castletown and Gusserane averaging around the seventeen point mark in scores per game, but Gusserane have the leakier defence and more of a tendency to blow hot and cold.

Even though Castletown have the championship top scorer in their ranks (Ben Brosnan with 5-29), Gusserane have really hit their stride in the last three games, and have compiled 8-43 during that time-frame. They also have been something of a bogey team for Castletown in recent years-they beat them in the semi-finals of 2014 and 2016, winning the title in the latter year.

I love a good coincidental stat (perhaps to make myself more confident :D) and the only other time Castletown won the title in the first year of a decade, they finished that decade as county champions too (1970 and 1979). We last won in 2010, which was incidentally the last time Liam Sheedy won the AI (our manager from 2010 has returned too :D). Gusserane are going for their seventh title. If Castletown win, they will move to joint-top of the roll of honour with Volunteers (11)- although Vols last one came in 1956, and they have dropped down the grades since. It's going to be close and hard to call. I hope it's not though and we are comfortable winners, if only for my own health.

Ferns and St.Martin's clash in the first senior hurling semi-final on Saturday. Ferns have never won a senior, but by dethroning defending champions Naomh Eanna the last day, a lot of the hurling fraternity took notice. St.Martin's have been perennial favourites for a few years now, but there is a feeling that they are plodding along more than usual this season and haven't been as dynamic since a round one thrashing of St.Anne's. They also have injury doubts too, and if the two players involved don't make it, it tips the balance towards Ferns. I actually think Ferns will win anyway as they have had a full three weeks to prepare for this while Martin's had a gruelling football semi vs Castletown in the interim.

Rapparees and St.Anne's go head to head in the other one. St.Anne's sprung a surprise in beating Shelmaliers last weekend, and are back-boned by Dee O'Keeffe and Liam Og McGovern. They have improved immensely from an almighty hammering to St.Martin's in round one, and confidence is brewing. However, Rapps look better placed to win this one. They have been knocking on the door without reaching the final in recent years and have a good, young team led by Liam Ryan and Kevin Foley. Fancy them to win through to their first decider since 2001 (I think)

Castletownman won't be on for a while because they were deserved winners in the Wexford Football Final today. A goal in the first minute sent Castletown on their way and a disallowed goal in the 23rd minute for Gusserane which was then followed a minute later by Castletown's second goal put them in a commanding position. Gusserane to their credit fought back and scored 1-3 in 3 minutes before half-time to leave a five point gap at halftime.

In the second half Castletown kept the scoreboard ticking over and even Gusserane's second goal left a five point gap between the teams. Then Castletown's no20 who was just brought on scored the third Castletown goal which sealed the win for them on a scoreline of 3-15 to 2-10 and gave Castletown their 11th Senior Football Championship to join the Volunteers on top of the honour list. Decent football with some very good scores from both sides even if the match wasn't as competitive as last years final. Castletown face Eire Og of Carlow in Leinster which should be a fascinating tie between Castletown's forward line and Eire Og's solid defense which only conceded four points in the Carlow football final last weekend.

Lol, yours was a personal attack on MacAuley.

He caught the na fianna guy with a lovely shoulder to the face- you must have been so proud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Castlerahan, formerly titled the Mayo of the club scene, have won a second county final in a row in Cavan. They beat Ramor Utd (Virginia) by a point yesterday.

Before that, the Ballyjamesduff based side had lost 4 finals in 6 years. This was their fifth final in a row.

He caught the na fianna guy with a lovely shoulder to the face- you must have been so proud

Accidental, you can’t hide your hate for the man though. How’s the Kerry championship going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

https://twitter.com/mrcolmcrowley/status/1183089519601618946?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Ratoath are in their first ever Meath Senior Football Final :D:D:D:D
    It wasn't looking good coming up to half time in their semi final against Gaeil Colmcille as they were 1-6 to 3 points down with 2 minutes to go. But 2 late points saw them go in 4 down and they then scored the first 6 points of the second half to lead by 2. Kells came back to level but Cian O'Brien got a crucial fisted goal to put 3 between them with 15 to go. Kells got it back to the minimum with 2 quick points but they were to be their last points of the game. Daithi McGowan (one of 4 McGowan brothers in the Ratoath squad) got Ratoath's second goal to go 6 up and put the game to bed. Joey Wallace got the final point to wrap up a 2-14 to 1-10 win. Very surreal as just 10 years ago Ratoath were being knocked in the Junior Football championship group stages.

Their final opponents will be Summerhill who are in their 3rd final in a row (having lost the previous 2). They surprisingly accounted for Simonstown thanks mainly to 2 goals from Kevin Ryan, one after less than a minute and one with just 3 minutes to go. The second goal was crucial as Simonstown had just gone into the lead for the first time minutes earlier. Kevin Ryan added the insurance point in injury time to take his tally to 2-2 for the game.

Trim will play Nobber in the Intermediate final as both outsiders won their respective semi finals against Oldcastle and Castletown.
    Clann na nGael (Athboy) play Moylagh in the Junior final with both teams guaranteed to play intermediate next season due to the restructuring of the football championships.

And finally, it'll be a similarly unique pairing in the Junior B football final as Kilbride play Ratoath's second team. As far as I can tell, it's the first time the two clubs, separated by only a few kilometres, have met in an adult final. And it's a chance for Kilbride to win their first adult title since their incredible team won their third senior championship in a row back in 1971 (they won 5 senior titles in 8 years from 1964 - 1971).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

kksaints wrote: »
    Three days away still, and I know I won't get a good night's sleep for a while, but the Wexford senior football final is the main event in the county this weekend. It has all the tools to be a humdinger, with both Castletown and Gusserane averaging around the seventeen point mark in scores per game, but Gusserane have the leakier defence and more of a tendency to blow hot and cold.

Even though Castletown have the championship top scorer in their ranks (Ben Brosnan with 5-29), Gusserane have really hit their stride in the last three games, and have compiled 8-43 during that time-frame. They also have been something of a bogey team for Castletown in recent years-they beat them in the semi-finals of 2014 and 2016, winning the title in the latter year.

I love a good coincidental stat (perhaps to make myself more confident :D) and the only other time Castletown won the title in the first year of a decade, they finished that decade as county champions too (1970 and 1979). We last won in 2010, which was incidentally the last time Liam Sheedy won the AI (our manager from 2010 has returned too :D). Gusserane are going for their seventh title. If Castletown win, they will move to joint-top of the roll of honour with Volunteers (11)- although Vols last one came in 1956, and they have dropped down the grades since. It's going to be close and hard to call. I hope it's not though and we are comfortable winners, if only for my own health.

Ferns and St.Martin's clash in the first senior hurling semi-final on Saturday. Ferns have never won a senior, but by dethroning defending champions Naomh Eanna the last day, a lot of the hurling fraternity took notice. St.Martin's have been perennial favourites for a few years now, but there is a feeling that they are plodding along more than usual this season and haven't been as dynamic since a round one thrashing of St.Anne's. They also have injury doubts too, and if the two players involved don't make it, it tips the balance towards Ferns. I actually think Ferns will win anyway as they have had a full three weeks to prepare for this while Martin's had a gruelling football semi vs Castletown in the interim.

Rapparees and St.Anne's go head to head in the other one. St.Anne's sprung a surprise in beating Shelmaliers last weekend, and are back-boned by Dee O'Keeffe and Liam Og McGovern. They have improved immensely from an almighty hammering to St.Martin's in round one, and confidence is brewing. However, Rapps look better placed to win this one. They have been knocking on the door without reaching the final in recent years and have a good, young team led by Liam Ryan and Kevin Foley. Fancy them to win through to their first decider since 2001 (I think)

Castletownman won't be on for a while because they were deserved winners in the Wexford Football Final today. A goal in the first minute sent Castletown on their way and a disallowed goal in the 23rd minute for Gusserane which was then followed a minute later by Castletown's second goal put them in a commanding position. Gusserane to their credit fought back and scored 1-3 in 3 minutes before half-time to leave a five point gap at halftime.

In the second half Castletown kept the scoreboard ticking over and even Gusserane's second goal left a five point gap between the teams. Then Castletown's no20 who was just brought on scored the third Castletown goal which sealed the win for them on a scoreline of 3-15 to 2-10 and gave Castletown their 11th Senior Football Championship to join the Volunteers on top of the honour list. Decent football with some very good scores from both sides even if the match wasn't as competitive as last years final. Castletown face Eire Og of Carlow in Leinster which should be a fascinating tie between Castletown's forward line and Eire Og's solid defense which only conceded four points in the Carlow football final last weekend.

I'm here!

What a great day. We really shot the lights out up front. James Holmes, all 38 years of him, destroyed their wing-back and scored six from play. Johnno Bealin scored a cracking second goal and that no.20 you refer to is Robbie Brooks- tore in from the far sideline and buried the ball when given half a sniff. Scored 3-14 from play and won by nine even though our top scorer Ben Brosnan was carry an injury.

So, so proud. We have very good young lads coming through together, midfielders Rory Heffernan and Liam Coleman have all the tools to play county already despite being 20 and 19 respectively, Frank Roche is perhaps our best marker in defence and Brooks is a powerful runner when he gets the chance.

Funny story. Half-time in our quarter final vs. Horeswood in what is considered a cracking game, an ould lad who is regarded as a bit of a GAA buff cornered me. Programme in hand, he pointed out Masterson, Morris, O'Shaughnessy and Holmes saying you can't win championships with that number of old lads. I will make sure to mention that the next time I see him :D

Eleven heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

kksaints wrote: »

I'm here!

What a great day. We really shot the lights out up front. James Holmes, all 38 years of him, destroyed their wing-back and scored six from play. Johnno Bealin scored a cracking second goal and that no.20 you refer to is Robbie Brooks- tore in from the far sideline and buried the ball when given half a sniff. Scored 3-14 from play and won by nine even though our top scorer Ben Brosnan was carrying an injury.

So, so proud. We have very good young lads coming through together, midfielders Rory Heffernan and Liam Coleman have all the tools to play county already despite being 20 and 19 respectively, Frank Roche is perhaps our best marker in defence and Brooks is a powerful runner when he gets the chance.

Funny story. Half-time in our quarter final vs. Horeswood in what is considered a cracking game, an ould lad who is regarded as a bit of a GAA buff cornered me. Programme in hand, he pointed out Masterson, Morris, O'Shaughnessy and Holmes saying you can't win championships with that number of old lads. I will make sure to mention that the next time I see him :D

Eleven heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Enjoyed reading that!

Don't be going for a cure now :-)

As for the Dublin games, Na Fianna/Boden was great game.

Unfortunately some of the incidents are taking away from that. Fianna threw it away. Looked great going forward but seemed to get the head staggers once they took a lead. Shambolic defending for the Basquel second goal.

As for MDM, he can be messy at times. Likes to leave the hand or arm into someone's face when ball is gone.

Accidental, you can’t hide your hate for the man though. How’s the Kerry championship going?

Accidental? He checked his run and lifts his shoulder towards your mans head.

I don’t hate him, I just dislike dirty footballers.
    For balance I dislike Aidan o Mahoney immensely and love watching the likes of mannion play so it’s not subject to any real bias

As I said his behaviour was deplorable and hopefully a long ban follows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    In Cork Hurling the semi finals are

Glen Rovers v Carrigtwohill

Imokilly v St. Finbarr's

Glen Rovers and 3 in a row chasing Imokilly expected to make the final

In Football 2 QFs left

St. Finbarr's v Nemo Rangers

Duhallow v Clonakilty

Semi Finals

Duhallow / Clonakilty v Newcestown

St. Finbarr's / Nemo Rangers v Douglas

Duhallow would be expected to get to the finals whilst the other side of the draw is wide open

After yesterdays football semi finals

Senior Hurling Final

Imokilly v Glen Rovers

Senior Football Final

Nemo Rangers v Duhallow

Glen Rovers and Nemo Rangers will represent Cork in the Munster Club Championships as Imokilly and Duhallow are divisional sides

Would expect wins for Imokilly and Nemo Rangers

Hurling final is on the 20th and football final on 27th

• Advertisement

Accidental? He checked his run and lifts his shoulder towards your mans head.

I don’t hate him, I just dislike dirty footballers.
    For balance I dislike Aidan o Mahoney immensely and love watching the likes of mannion play so it’s not subject to any real bias

As I said his behaviour was deplorable and hopefully a long ban follows

So, to make my point again. You dislike MDMA, but to justify it you add in AOM. Cheers. If you start a media campaign you might get a ban enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

EGxrCsYX4AAe9HS.jpg:large

Dingle V East Kerry the game of the round, East Kerry have already knocked out the two big Tralee Clubs and now take on Dingle who themselves have been going well,

Bit of needle coming into this game form last year as well so it should draw a big crowd

So, to make my point again. You dislike MDMA, but to justify it you add in AOM. Cheers. If you start a media campaign you might get a ban enforced.

Make your point again? You didn’t make a point in the first place

A media campaign? Your little persecution complex is cute.
    So if basquel gets a deliberate shoulder to the head in the semi final- I presume you’ll be fine with it

Make your point again? You didn’t make a point in the first place

A media campaign? Your little persecution complex is cute.
    So if basquel gets a deliberate shoulder to the head in the semi final- I presume you’ll be fine with it

I get it, you don't like MacAuley, your a Kerryman? I'd expect it. Crack on. I'm done, we both have opinions and they won't change.

EGxrCsYX4AAe9HS.jpg:large

Dingle V East Kerry the game of the round, East Kerry have already knocked out the two big Tralee Clubs and now take on Dingle who themselves have been going well,

Bit of needle coming into this game form last year as well so it should draw a big crowd

I’ve seen them both against Rahillys this year and would put East Kerry a bit ahead. I reckon EK by 3

Legion against Brendans should be high scoring and hopefully diarmuid o Connor will keep up his good run of form- club side should do it tho.

Kierans & Crokes to win the others

• Advertisement
Advertisement