Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Clothes and Accessories on-line: recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

sashafierce, I love dorothyperkins.co.uk Their sale section is definately worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

This post has been deleted.

If you like ASOS, you'll like AllSaints, boohoo.com, Lipsy, Urban Outfitters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mscoffeejunkie

http://www.pretaportobello.com/ :D

Really, really cute stuff and they let you haggle on some item's like the real market. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

whats boohoo.com like need cheap and cheerful holiday clothes :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

Lily Allen and her sister's vintage shop Lucy in Disguise will be selling online soon http://lucyindisguiselondon.com/ - can't wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Best of luck to Lily Allen & her sister but despite their best efforts this shop is still very over priced for regular gals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

peppapig24 wrote: »
    Boohoo is great, Never had a problem with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

1966 wrote: »
    Best of luck to Lily Allen & her sister but despite their best efforts this shop is still very over priced for regular gals.

But a lot of their stuff is very high-end designer pieces - you're never going to get them cheap. Look them up on Facebook, they have some affordable stuff as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Does anyone know where to buy O'Neill's tracksuit bottoms online please? Somewhere reasonably priced that delivers to Ireland and doesn't charge a fortune for delivery.

I'm looking for the plain navy pair that have one zip pocket zip on the bottom insides of the legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

I'm looking for the plain navy pair that have one zip pocket zip on the bottom insides of the legs.

Back couple years ago i searched high and low for what you are looking for, but a lot were the zipped from behind o neills. I even visited the o'neills shop up north to no avail.

Elverys often have them, i never bother looking anymore cause just wear gym pant tracksuits instead but might be worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Eemia wrote: »
    Back couple years ago i searched high and low for what you are looking for, but a lot were the zipped from behind o neills. I even visited the o'neills shop up north to no avail.

Elverys often have them, i never bother looking anymore cause just wear gym pant tracksuits instead but might be worth a look
    Thanks a million for your help.

I have been looking for a pair for the past year and cannot find them anywhere. There's an Elvery's near me so I'll pop in and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I LOVE boohoo.com, I've bought tons online from them and never had any problems with anything, quality's always been great and the stuff usually arrives within a week. If you're wondering about their sizing, I find it roughly the same as Penneys sizing.

I LOVE boohoo.com, I've bought tons online from them and never had any problems with anything, quality's always been great and the stuff usually arrives within a week. If you're wondering about their sizing, I find it roughly the same as Penneys sizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I used to buy from them the odd time and they used to be very good to deal with but never again, they must have without a doubt the worst customer service in the entire world, they used to be fine but then they suddenly started to ignore customers for weeks on end and never answer their phones, a few weeks ago there facebook page was filled with complaint after complaint after complaint with people (myself included) waiting weeks to even be acknowledged after trying to email their customer service and phone them up, basically with no way of getting in touch with them everyone had to resort to using their facebook page to try to get answers, they've since started doing competitions where people enter on their FB page which I presume is to cover up the amount of angry customers.

They were supposed to have improved their customer service from last week but I have yet to see an improvement.

Tayla wrote: »
    I used to buy from them the odd time and they used to be very good to deal with but never again, they must have without a doubt the worst customer service in the entire world, they used to be fine but then they suddenly started to ignore customers for weeks on end and never answer their phones, a few weeks ago there facebook page was filled with complaint after complaint after complaint with people (myself included) waiting weeks to even be acknowledged after trying to email their customer service and phone them up, basically with no way of getting in touch with them everyone had to resort to using their facebook page to try to get answers, they've since started doing competitions where people enter on their FB page which I presume is to cover up the amount of angry customers.

They were supposed to have improved their customer service from last week but I have yet to see an improvement.

That's very strange. I've never had any reason to contact their customer service so I haven't dealt with them that way. Have to say I'm quite surprised by that, I would have thought their customer service would be good - I guess you never know.

That's very strange. I've never had any reason to contact their customer service so I haven't dealt with them that way. Have to say I'm quite surprised by that, I would have thought their customer service would be good - I guess you never know.

They were always quite good I think but around the time I needed to contact them the amount of complaints on their facebook page from people saying that noone would respond to their emails etc was unreal, close to 100 complaints each day I reckon, it looked like they were in trouble to be honest but then they said they were improving their customer service from the 28th of March but I finally only got my refund processed today (so we'll see when I actually get it) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

The quality of the stuff is quite poor I generally find. I've ordered a few times from there but have said never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CornBlitz

To add to this..

www.tillys.com (surf wear, skate wear. Similar to pacsun and they ship to ireland)

www.stand-out.net (Very good collection of european brands)

www.javari.co.uk (bought a lot of from them. free shipping)

www.branch309.co.uk (for shoes. super fast shipping and very good bargains)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Boredom seems to be getting the better of me.....MandMDirect may be putting a bit of a dent on my credit card this evening....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lily marlene

Here is a new website for you all www.lcclothing.com . They also have a range of plus-size clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 zooeylullabye

Hey this is a great forum. Will definelty be revisiting for tips and to share findings!! If you're into 50s rockabilly style or corsets sohos.co.uk do amazing dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

I love using the abercrombie.com website ,
    also www.ae.com ( Amercian Eagle)

www.dress-for-less.ie is very good ,

but I'm looking for a cheape enough onlinestore for trainers, adidas , nike , puma etc
    all way to expensive in the shops in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Does anybody know any good websites for buying razors and razor blades?

careca11 wrote: »

but I'm looking for a cheape enough onlinestore for trainers, adidas , nike , puma etc
    all way to expensive in the shops in this country

www.getthelabel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

http://www.shophoppingmap.com/ is a useful portal to lots of quality online retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

This site was recommended to me by a friend
    http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/
    Brilliant for cosmetics and brushes. I particularly like their tinted moisturiser. It's only 3.50 sterling and one of the best ones I have used. My friend ordered some of their brushes and was very impressed. 3.95 postage regardless of the value of your order.

I don't know how many of you know about http://www.shopusa.com but it's very useful - it basically gives you an address in the US to send your online shopping to and they then post it on. Their shipping, although it's not super super cheap, is cheaper than FEDEX, USPS etc, and it's handy if you want to shop from somewhere (Target, Wetseal, etc etc) that only ships within the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I never clothes shop online but thought I'd start. Can people please recommend good online clothes shops that ship to Ireland for female in thirties. Stuff that's good value ideally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

My old haunt is http://www.newlook.com/
    You pay the sterling price which works out cheaper than paying the euro prices in the ROI new look stores and shipping costs are usually very reasonable.
    Easy site to navigate through, plenty of zoom and filter options. Once you start you'll be hooked :)
    Happy Shopping:D

Advertisement