Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not getting paid

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Darc19 wrote: »
    So you can tell the financial health of a company by a couple of posts and the poster accepting it was an error.

As I said Wow!

I'd say something else regarding your post, but would probably banned

I think you need to read my post again. I said what it looked like to me. I’m not really sure why that triggers you so badly that you’re worried about getting banned. Seems a tad of an over reaction 🀷*♂️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lolly25

I left a company 3yrs ago, due to this and guess what? There's nothing you can do about it. That's straight from a WRC adjudicator's mouth. This happened 3 times on a monthly salary with me, and I had to wait a week each time, then the company put out an email telling us that if THEY made a mistake from then on, we'd have to wait until the END of the following month to be paid. Their big excuse was because their wages were processed in England they couldn't exchange info due to GDPR.

Companies in the ROI get off with a litany of crap. I had to jump through hoops to save my credit rating due to missed mortgage payments etc. My advice is get out of it and find another job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

lolly25 wrote: »
    I left a company 3yrs ago, due to this and guess what? There's nothing you can do about it. That's straight from a WRC adjudicator's mouth. This happened 3 times on a monthly salary with me, and I had to wait a week each time, then the company put out an email telling us that if THEY made a mistake from then on, we'd have to wait until the END of the following month to be paid. Their big excuse was because their wages were processed in England they couldn't exchange info due to GDPR.

Companies in the ROI get off with a litany of crap. I had to jump through hoops to save my credit rating due to missed mortgage payments etc. My advice is get out of it and find another job.

I’m willing to bet, nobody in payroll saw a ‘letter of concern’ get added to their file let alone disciplined.

If GDPR is an issue, I’m not sure it should have been though... they need to outsource the Irish payroll to Ireland to get processed and so that any errors, discrepancies or indeed systematic incompetence as in this cases(s) can be handled with proper two way communication that leads to an effective, efficient resolution for the employee.

No good in telling somebody... “ yes we fûcked up, underplayed you by xxx amount but we can’t talk to you about it, neither are we going to rectify it till next months paycheck.“

Irish companies or companies IN Ireland do get off with a litany of crap. Ever ask yourself why so many multinationals set up here ? Sure, the highly educated and industrious workforce is a reason, low corporation tax too but let’s not kid ourselves... the almost non existent employment law, a Labour court / WRC that only really the employer needs to manipulate and whom are loathed to ever take a black and white legal view or determination... for upsetting the apple cart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭nothing

Thanks everyone, he's not a dangerous person and he is making PRSI returns, to be honest I dont think he has any control over that, he simply puts all the staffs names into the computer and the payment sector deal with it from there. He just forgot to put my name in but all is sorted now and im sure it wont happen again, if it does, ill have words with him. Thanks again everyone for the replies.

If he didn't put you in the system, then how can prsi returns be done? Check on your revenue account to see if you are registered with this company at all and what, if any, information they've processed for you. (this is required by law to be done at every payroll cycle)

Advertisement