Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortgage amount

Options
  • 25-07-2020 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if this question can even be answered simply but I'm looking to see what is the max mortgage I can get with a 27k deposit. Not first time buyer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Hi, just wondering if this question can even be answered simply but I'm looking to see what is the max mortgage I can get with a 27k deposit. Not first time buyer.

Are you a first time mortgager? If not then you need a 20% deposit so it'll be 5 x 27k (135k) subject to the 3.5 times income rule. So if you around 44k you'll get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭BANNERMAN98

Time wrote: »
    Are you a first time mortgager? If not then you need a 20% deposit so it'll be 5 x 27k (135k) subject to the 3.5 times income rule. So if you around 44k you'll get that.

I had my name on a mortgage but had it removed in 2012 so I don't believe I'll be a first time buyer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

I had my name on a mortgage but had it removed in 2012 so I don't believe I'll be a first time buyer again.

No you wouldn't be, first time buyer is a bit of a misnomer, its really first time mortgagor

• Registered Users Posts: 6 claire!!!

your salary multiplied x 3.5 times

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is it really a 27k deposit ?
    OP have you budgeted for solicitor fees and stamp duty ?

• Advertisement

Is it not 4 *27k =108k mortgage + his 27k making up 100% Of the property price

claire!!! wrote: »
    your salary multiplied x 3.5 times

Providing he is single. With dependants partners or kids he won’t get that

Advertisement