Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on first mountain bike

Options
  • 04-12-2018 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,looking to buy mtb,budget up to €600, chain reaction options are varying from cube,gt,Fuji,which brand offers best value was looking at
    Fuji Nevada 27.5 1.9
    Fuji Nevada 29 1.9
    Fuji Nevada 27.5 1.3
    Cube aim pro 27 or pro 29
    Cube aim race 27 or 29
    Cube aim sl 27 or 29
    Other option is merlin cycles
    Bianchi duel or kuma again in various options sizes
    Only looking at bianchi as I have a bianchi infinite road bike but want to start doing some light trails canals etc,any advice on any other brands just I have dealt with two above shops,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Just wanted to make sure you know that €600 does not buy a lot of bike. But as you say, you want something for light trails, canals etc so with that in mind, personally Cube is the only brand you mention that I have heard of, so my opinion would be to go for a Cube. I don't think whether you go for 27.5 or 29 will make a massive difference to you. There doesn't seem to be a lot between the AIM models but personally I'd get the AIM SL for the Deore rear mech alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Vitus Nucleus has been voted best Mountain Bike under STG500 the past 3 years.

Link Here

Comes in 27.5 and 29 for EU600 from CRC and is far superior to those listed above.
    Read a few independent review sites, you'll get a consistent picture.

Best Hardtail under 500

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baz69

Thanks will have a look ,another one is voodoo bizango,Halfords had them just missed out on discount,I am sure won't be long tills they have another promotion,they seem to get decent reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

They had the old Bizango on discount, the new model is nice with the 1x11 gearing. I doubt that one will drop in price anytime soon as it's just been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭El Vino

You can't go wrong with the Vitus if you get the sizing right, Bizango probably next best option as you have a chance of seeing one before you buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Where are you based? Might help your decision if you could visit a bricks & mortar shop to check out some of your options before buying

Advertisement