Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Seems the jersey posted online is legit and already in some shops.
    Bruised strawberry anyone?

https://mobile.twitter.com/cdavison_afc/status/1265260514852159488/photo/1
    Jesus. We’ve only worn the current one a handful of times and that’s a far nicer jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

If the price was right Coutinho would be a great signing. He was excellent at Liverpool for a number of years, not just before he left. I'd be a bit surprised to see him arrive all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Have seen that leaked kit a few times on social media, usually alongside the supposed all white away one, which given the poor reaction to us having an all white shirt (ala spurs) previously was surprised to see white even being proposed.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

So David Luiz only signed a 1 year deal when we signed him, with us having the option to extend it by a year.

Would seem mad to let him go for nothing 1 year after spending £8m on him. He's not that bad. By all accounts he's a great influence in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

So David Luiz only signed a 1 year deal when we signed him, with us having the option to extend it by a year.

Would seem mad to let him go for nothing 1 year after spending £8m on him. He's not that bad. By all accounts he's a great influence in the dressing room.

He's been pretty good for 8mil. I'd keep him around for player morale alone.

The jersey looks pretty cool but I wish it would be possible to get it without the sponsors, at the very least the tragic visit Rwanda sleeve one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

There's an option for a 2nd year i'd say he'll definitely be kept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Luiz is a headtheball in all senses of the word, we need one or two of them around the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Luiz has been fantastic since Arteta took over. He's a great player to have around when he doesn't want the manager gone and you could tell from his interviews that he knew Arteta was the real deal from day one so that won't be a problem anymore. We'd be mad not to keep him next season. He'd be a good mentor for Saliba and keep the pressure off of him as well. We should be binning Sokratis and Mustafi assuming Mari is a done deal imo. That would leave us Luiz, Mari, Saliba, Holding and Chambers coming back from an ACL. Let the two English lads battle it out to stay at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

correction wrote:
    Luiz has been fantastic since Arteta took over. He's a great player to have around when he doesn't want the manager gone and you could tell from his interviews that he knew Arteta was the real deal from day one so that won't be a problem anymore. We'd be mad not to keep him next season. He'd be a good mentor for Saliba and keep the pressure off of him as well. We should be binning Sokratis and Mustafi assuming Mari is a done deal imo. That would leave us Luiz, Mari, Saliba, Holding and Chambers coming back from an ACL. Let the two English lads battle it out to stay at the club.

I would sell Holding, Chambers & Sokratis and weirdly enough keep Mustafi over all of them, reason being that we won't get anywhere near the money paid for him back so try extract full value from him and I think on his day is a better all round player and more reliable fitness wise than each of the ones mentioned above. Partner him and Mari in the less important games and have Luiz and Saliba as the main partnership.

In an ideal world I'd be asking the club to buy another top centre half to pair with Saliba but highly doubt that'll happen now.

DanC90 wrote: »
    I would sell Holding, Chambers & Sokratis and weirdly enough keep Mustafi over all of them, reason being that we won't get anywhere near the money paid for him back so try extract full value from him and I think on his day is a better all round player and more reliable fitness wise than each of the ones mentioned above. Partner him and Mari in the less important games and have Luiz and Saliba as the main partnership.

In an ideal world I'd be asking the club to buy another top centre half to pair with Saliba but highly doubt that'll happen now.

Are we to just assume Saliba is gonna be a worldy because of his price tag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

No but going on how highly his coaches and team mates talk of him, I'm expecting him to be decent plus his pricetag isn't that high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Man City vs Arsenal on Wed June 17th apparently. There's another game also that evening to bring all clubs to 30 games each.

A full fixture list is scheduled for the following weekend.

Interesting to see if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

No, as FixitFelix just mentioned he's highly regarded by his coach & team mates and it seems the staff at Arsenal are excited to get him in the squad, then there's the games he's had this season, he looks a level above everyone in Ligue 1 and that doesn't mean he's going to adapt to the Premier League immediately but I don't think he'll take long to get to the required level.
    Either way I think he's already better than the defenders we have at the club which is exactly what we need and he has the potential to be a really top centre half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

No, we're going to assume that because he gave Spurs the impression they had a sniff of signing him and then quickly pulled the rug from under them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Goodbye Mr Chips

He's retired this afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Goodbye Mr Chips

Catchphrase will never be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Goodbye Mr Chips

Sir Chips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gscully wrote: »
    Man City vs Arsenal on Wed June 17th apparently. There's another game also that evening to bring all clubs to 30 games each.

A full fixture list is scheduled for the following weekend.

Interesting to see if it happens.

I watched a couple of those German games played without a crowd.
    It’s like watching paint drying. No atmosphere. Like training matches.
    I think they should end the league until fans can attend.
    Football is a spectator sport for sure.
    The golf without the fans there was rubbish too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭adaminho

Wasn't Saliba linked with a big money move in January to PSG whilst he was on loan?

emmetlego wrote: »
    Sir Chips?
    Yeh but I've ruined it for FixitFelix now :) he will never unsee that.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

Can we play Saliba straight away?

French league is over i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Catchphrase will never be the same

David Squires cartoons will never be the same.

(Well, they will. But Sir Chips is one of his crowning glories)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,058 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

al87987 wrote: »

He is an Arsenal player now, but he cannot be registered with the EPL until the current season is complete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,975 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

al87987 wrote: »

Only if a registration transfer window is opened to be able to register him to play in the PL for this season, which it doesn't look like will happen. Same as how Ziyech can't play for Chelsea till next season, despite the Eredivisie being finished for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭DenMan

Contract extension supposedly on the table for Aubameyang.

We had slipped to page two here on the forum. :pac::pac::pac:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8375973/Arsenal-offer-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-contract-extension.html

Any word on them tying Saka down to a new deal? It’s crucial we keep younglads like him at the club especially with big teams sniffing around him

Just watched the Arsenal training session from today. Saw all the players, but couldn't see Ozil. Another strop incoming? https://player.arsenal.com/video/contact-sessions-restart-and-torreira-returns-inside-training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ahhh moaning about Ozil ......it really is coming back

Lads, just to let you know Kenny Sansom is back in hospital and pretty sick. Nasty heart attack over the weekend and was released but looks like he's deteriorated.

Family asking for privacy, thoughts with them all at this time.

• Advertisement

Ahhh moaning about Ozil ......it really is coming back

Who’s moaning?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement