Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire TV Stick 2 for 39.99

Options
  • 12-12-2018 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

A steal at 20£ each

468036.PNG
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks for posting OP. Not the 4k version unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Don't get why they won't ship here. We have prime video and Alex's services now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

matchthis wrote: »
    Don't get why they won't ship here. We have prime video and Alex's services now

They do ship to Ireland last time I checked.

Great find op, have 2 already.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Kolido wrote: »
    They do ship to Ireland last time I checked.

Great find op, have 2 already.

won't for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Got the 4k one. Prime video won't work here on it.. a common fault.

Prime video works perfectly on my Sheild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

Post on hukd earlier had them for £16.66.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Invincible wrote:
    Post on hukd earlier had them for £16.66.

Just to be clear this was a glitch you had to do. Jumping threw a few hoops to get it for this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

keano25 wrote: »

If you get onto the chat support and ask them to change your region to UK on their end, it will work. I did it a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

what does or is Fire Stick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ShayC

keano25 wrote: »

I also got the 4k one recently and Prime is working fine. I didn't do anything so not sure what the difference is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

will this work in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

torrevieja wrote: »
    will this work in ireland

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Yes.

Yes, but you might need to contact Amazon via chat to change your Prime country from Ireland to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Hi,
    Had the same issue, I could use my prime on the iPad or smart tv without issue, contacted them via online help and resolved on the spot, could not ask for more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

4K stick down to 39.99 and the older stick to 29.99 today (on Amazon and some other retailers).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

36.99 in Argos for the non 4K model.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ricko187

Wanted to pick up the 4k one this evening off Amazon but they don't deliver to Ireland. Whats the best way around this? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

ricko187 wrote: »
    Wanted to pick up the 4k one this evening off Amazon but they don't deliver to Ireland. Whats the best way around this? Thanks in advance

Parcelmotel or equiv.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

leex wrote: »
    Parcelmotel or equiv.

Whats equiv??? Is the next question. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

ricko187 wrote: »

Parcel Motel/Address Pal.

What's the reason for buying a 4k one? Aren't all 4k tvs smart tvs? Wouldn't they have the apps you want on the tv?

I only ask this because I recently bought a 4k tv and haven't plugged my Firestick back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Wheety wrote: »
    Parcel Motel/Address Pal.

What's the reason for buying a 4k one? Aren't all 4k tvs smart tvs? Wouldn't they have the apps you want on the tv?

I only ask this because I recently bought a 4k tv and haven't plugged my Firestick back in.

Some lack features, on the fire stick you can install most android apps. On the smart TV if something(which is lots) is not on the manufacturers store you are stuck.

I was using smartiptv on my Hisense then all of a sudden it disappeared. It wasn't on the Hisense store. I did a factory reset, etc. That's why i ended up getting the Firestick, its much faster and i have a new IPTV app which is a lot better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Monkeynut wrote: »
    Some lack features, on the fire stick you can install most android apps. On the smart TV if something(which is lots) is not on the manufacturers store you are stuck.

I was using smartiptv on my Hisense then all of a sudden it disappeared. It wasn't on the Hisense store. I did a factory reset, etc. That's why i ended up getting the Firestick, its much faster and i have a new IPTV app which is a lot better now.

There's a few IPTV apps on my tv (LG). Have SmartIPTV already installed on a Samsung smart tv. Might install it on LG.

My tv will be replacing my Pi too as I discovered it can access my NAS drive too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

These work but Amazon Prime will not work in Ireland, I contacted support and they didnt offer to change to UK or anything, just said it was not available with Firestick

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Amazon prime does work if you contact suppprt I’m watching it now lol

Kept giving me errors and when I contacted they said no, not in Ireland

Doesn't matter I have alternatives and use Netflix on it mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peejy

Does the firestick come with the wall adapter?

Also do you need the Ethernet cable or is the Wi-Fi range pretty good?

peejy wrote: »
    Does the firestick come with the wall adapter?

Also do you need the Ethernet cable or is the Wi-Fi range pretty good?

Comes with cable and plug into wall

It's wifi and range is decent, but it does depend on how far you plan on putting it from the wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peejy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Comes with cable and plug into wall

It's wifi and range is decent, but it does depend on how far you plan on putting it from the wifi

Is there much difference between the 4k model and regular aside from the screen resolution?

peejy wrote: »
    Is there much difference between the 4k model and regular aside from the screen resolution?

I had the older model, sold it and bought newer

Now I did update my brothers older one recently and it was sssslllllllooooowwwww but then he had it in kids room and god know it was fired everywhere......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If Amazon won't switch your account region, you can just sideload the standalone Android version of the PrimeVideo app. I tried it a while ago and it worked with Prime Video Ireland.

I'd definitely recommend the 4k stick over the second gen model. It's much more powerful and even if you don't need it now it's better be future-proofed against future Amazon firmware updates.

Advertisement