Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new website

Options
  • 16-01-2010 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

hey all,i just got a website done before xmas http://www.dreamtimebouncycastles.com/ it was done by a company but its my first site.
    Just looking for some thoughts on it likes/dislikes.

all thoughts appreciated.

thanks in advance

dreamtime

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

Dislike the little girl on the homepage - it's a little creepy. Maybe have a rolling slideshow of pictures from all the events you undertook in place of that picture,- there's a lack of movement on the page
    But overall it's a very good site with easy navigation.

Also you might want to make it clearer that you cater for ALL ages, - I was never really on a bouncy castle until I went to college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dreamtime

thanks diamond for the reply i will take that on board.what do you mean by not much movement on the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

There is nothing moving on the page, nothing visually stimulating, you have a whole homepage to use to play with, take advantage it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Overall scheme is good.

As the poster above, not gone on the little girl.

Some of the details on the home page should be links.

Some of the "product" photos are very poor quality.
    I'd also remove the word "Description" from each product box - no need for it and it's very repetitive.

I would combine "Booking Request" and "Contact" into one form.

I'd also look at adding some semantic markup (at the very least actual <h1> <h2> headers, etc) to improve SEO, and look at minimising the use of tables (there are some on the special offers page for no apparent reason).

Finally, use proper text for the titles on the Offers page to improve SEO further...."Offer 1", "Offer 2", etc have no benefit.

Overall, very sweet site; just a few suggested tweaks to make it better.

thanks guys for the input anymore likes/dislikes improvments on seo all welcome
    thanks
    dreamtime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Only one comment, the logo reminds me too much of the Barrettstown logo :

http://kildare.ie/community/notices/images/barretstown_serious_fun_200.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Prices, prices, prices. This is a very important purchase decision making piece of information, yet you don't have it. That'll just frustrate users.

Type of castle in booking request should be a drop down menu otherwise users might have to go back somewhere to get the right name.

Do you deliver or can it be a pick up? What's the process?

I'd also put your full street address up.

Visual design and illustration are really good, except for the girl as already mentioned.

hth

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

+1
    Agree regarding the little girl and especially the price...price...price.
    Overall i'm impressed. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

As few other people have said it but - Price is most important. If I dont see price I will leave the site as I couldnt be bothered waiting 1-2 days for an email back with my request for a price.

Also no mention of delivery or collection or how the whole process works.
    Time frame of having bouncy castle etc.
    No mention of insurance or any of that - If a friends child hurts themselves who is responsible.

Other than that its pretty good and does the job. SEO could be improved and make sure you have your site setup on Local Google searches.

hi waterboy thanks for your reply.i am working on all of this at the moment and hope to have it u quit soon.

i have to wait on the designers to do all of this for me which is what is holding it up.

I have on the site that we have full public liability ins.maybe its not to clear?

as regards children getting hurt,there is a link on the bottom of the site which covers this in our disclamer.maybe this isent so clear either?

what do you mean by having local google searches?

thanks again for your reply
    dreamtime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Looks good to me

I'd agree with much of what was said by the others

Can't say the little girl bothers me at all though

Definitely add prices though, yeah

hi all,

ive tweeked the website with the changes people have made some iam still waiting to be done.have another look and let me know what you all think.

all your advice has been greatly appreciated.

thanks again
    dreamtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

This might be a bit anal but one thing that would bug me is on the special deals page you use two different ways to display a monetary value, so you have the euro symbol and the word euro in text both used, if it were me I would stick to one or the other....

coco06 wrote: »
    This might be a bit anal but one thing that would bug me is on the special deals page you use two different ways to display a monetary value, so you have the euro symbol and the word euro in text both used, if it were me I would stick to one or the other....
    thanks coco for that i never even noticed that.

Advertisement