Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good yoga mat with block

Options
  • 15-01-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all,
    Looking to find the above without breaking the bank in Dublin city centre...any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Hello

You refer to wanting to get a "good" yoga mat. In my opinion (and after many, many purchases of mats), you are better off going to a yoga shop. There is one called Joy Fountain in Dublin, cant remember the street but they're online. I've only been there once and they have a fair selection of mats. It really depends on what you want, how much practice you will be doing etc.

I personally buy all my stuff online from a place called yogamatters. I honestly think they're the best and the most reasonably priced. They have a fantastic selection and if you wanted to, you could ring them up - they're all yoga enthusiasts and can give you as much advice as is needed.

My own personal recommendations for a "good" mat is one that yogamatters sell. It's the Millennium mat (I bought mine about 7 years ago and every now and again I buy different mats to try out but always end up going back to the old mat). Here's the link for it:

http://www.yogamatters.com/product/1315/mamillenium/millennium-yoga-mat.html

It's £40stg, but after 7 years, mine is as good as the day I ever bought it, and I've put it through the washing machine several times.

The next best mat to it is the Manduka Eco Mat - its made from natural rubber and environmentally friendly. Theyre £65stg from yogamatters, but you could go direct to Manduka Europe and get one of them sent to you. I know Joy Fountain has some Manduka stuff, so you might want to have a look there.

Anyway, hope that helps you, that's just my tuppence worth.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

Hi there,

I've got my yoga mats from zenthings.com - they're based in cork. I'd love the Manduka mat but just too dear for right now.

I bought two regular yoga mats in the past but always have had a problem with grip - so bought one of the mysore ashtanga weave mats - best thing ever! Its 26euros which i think is reasonable, but theres no slipping whatsoever. If I'm doing my workout on a hard surface i just put one of the crappy yoga mats underneath for cushion.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gruenchen

The shop has sadly closed :( Is there any other shop around Dublin, not necessary city centre as I really would like to see the material... my biggest problem is that I find it hard not to slip on the mat.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cloudburst

I do hot yoga and ashtanga yoga and found myself always slipping when I was in downward dog- totally solved by getting a microfibre yoga towel that goes over my yoga mat- I bought mine online at mcsport.ie but I believe that some ashrams sell them directly- when I was researching I came across both ashtanga.ie - who are based in blackrock- sell the yogitoes skidless ones, and Init Yoga in Docklands say that they sell microfibre towels on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gruenchen

thanks alot, same problem here will look into that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Twinwolf

I just recently got a pair of these - and they're just amazing, I can't praise them enough to be honest, the only downside to them is I can feel a bit silly wearing them in a class. I thought they were a good price. I have a very good non slip mat, but i swear to god, i've never ever gotton such a good downward dog, your feet & hands just stay in place & the strech is completly different.

Advertisement