Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Women, have you ever gone to the men's toilets?

Options
  • 21-11-2020 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

A few years ago, I was in an airport (remember what that feels like!) And I had a few on, and mistakenly walked into the women's jacks. Needless to say I got xray stares of death from a few people inside, quickly realised my mistake and went hunting for the men's jacks.

I'm not sure if I have ever seen the opposite happening. I remember this one time, I wanted to go to the jacks in Clearys and some lad had cordoned off the toilet cos his wife was inside. Haha.

So I am curious, women - have you ever done it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

never

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

Back in the day In nightclubs I'd be leaving the men's jax and women would regularly ask if there's anyone in there.. if there wasn't they'd run in and save the queue to the ladies.

In this brave new world, there's loads of places with unisex jaxs.. just stalls and sinks. Nothing special about any of us at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

Festivals, nightclubs, or wherever women congregate in long lines for two stalls, when there is a men's bathroom with unused stalls?
    Yeah I'd be walking straight past the queue to use the men's (usually quiet) bathroom and get back to whatever it is I'm doing.

Usually a little cleaner on a busy day too, despite common belief that the men's is a wasteland, and the women's bathroom is perfumed and pretty and filled with sparkles. They can be literal bloodbaths at times:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

X axis: number of women using the men's.
    Y axis : number of glory holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

85603 wrote: »
    X axis: number of women using the men's.
    Y axis : number of glory holes.

Very European.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well over 20 years ago in the local nightclubs women used to often use the cubicles in the mens jacks, all the lads always used the urinals and nobody batted an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

All new toilets installed these days should be unisex. It's 2020, people have better things to worry about.

DopeTech wrote: »
    All new toilets installed these days should be unisex. It's 2020, people have better things to worry about.

No way, women are far slower. Be careful before you give this one away. Unless you want to queue for a cubicle should you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I don’t think I’ve ever shat in the men’s jacks in any nightclub, ever. Probably sniffed a bag though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

DopeTech wrote: »

Uhh fvck no.

That is all thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Very few women will sh*te in a public toilet if there are men around, many avoid doing so even if it is a women only facility. If a woman is on a night out and gets the urge to sh*te and there is a massive queue for the women's and none for the men's many would rather "have an early night".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Very few women will sh*te in a public toilet if there are men around, many avoid doing so even if it is a women only facility. If a woman is on a night out and gets the urge to sh*te and there is a massive queue for the women's and none for the men's many would rather "have an early night".

BrianD3 has never been to BrianD11 then...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

If I have to go to the toilet and there’s a long queue for the ladies I’ll use the men’s, a toilet is a toilet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Just clean your fanny and get out

Autosport wrote: »
    If I have to go to the toilet and there’s a long queue for the ladies I’ll use the men’s, a toilet is a toilet :D

Same girl, same! ;)

Edit: and the menfolk never mind!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Back in my college days (in the prehistoric 1990s) the girls using the lads’ jacks on a busy night was par for the course.

Never an issue with the lads in the jacks either but just try to do the reverse...

First time I ever saw a unisex toilets was in a bar on my J1 in San Francisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

A toilet is a toilet. Having said that though, how safe would a woman feel in a men's toilet alone and maybe a bit away out of earshot?

A toilet is a toilet. Having said that though, how safe would a woman feel in a men's toilet alone and maybe a bit away out of earshot?

I'd feel as safe as I would in a womens toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

"Excuse me, sir, this is for ladies"

"So is this, but I need to run some water through it"

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Nickla

Unknowingly I walked into the male toilets one night ... a newly renovated pub moved everything around and I was sure I checked the signs before I walked in - unusual looking sinks I thought to myself as I walked in until I noticed someone pissing in one of them ... and ran out mortified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Always when I had visitors from overseas I’d bring them into Temple Bar (sighs) for a night of Oirish music to start them off with a bang and it always broke the ice to see them running back in horror from having chosen the wrong toilets - Mná or Fir. Great icebreaker and a fun start to the night.
    (Both sexes were always horrified/giddy with excitement over it - defintely wouldn’t say it was a routine event for them!! ) Taught them the existence & difference between Irish and English quickly too!!

(I
    miss
    pubs)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

Once during RAG week in the college bar. The que for the ladies would have taken ages so I thought feck that and headed to the men's. Some lad told on me and as soon as I opened the cubicle door a bouncer dragged me out of the bar. Said I was endangering myself by exposing myself to "male penis's". *Rolls eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I was in a ladies toilet once before - waaaay nicer than the gents; they even have a cigar machine and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm just going to sit back and let the classiness of this thread waft all over me.

Looking forward to what's to come if JohnnyFlash' bowel movements thread is anything to go by.

Should be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

miss.paula wrote: »
    Well if your guts are in rag order , better to drop a load in the mens where it will go unnoticed

Oh thanks.... thanks for that lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Once during RAG week in the college bar. The que for the ladies would have taken ages so I thought feck that and headed to the men's. Some lad told on me and as soon as I opened the cubicle door a bouncer dragged me out of the bar. Said I was endangering myself by exposing myself up "male penis's". *Rolls eyes*

Lol.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

BrianD3 wrote: »

Having worked in many nightclubs I can attest that the above is complete and utter horsesh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

I know a girl who's addicted to going into mens toilets. If she doesn't go to one before 12 she starts shaking

When there was a huge queue for the ladies in a nightclub and you'd see someone dressed up to the 9s peel off and go to the mens I'd admire her for not putting up with the BS.

But, at busy stadiums there's no shortage of women using the mens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Are women ok with men taking a p1ss in their's?

Advertisement