Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFH and House Shares

Options
  • 01-11-2020 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

Keen to hear thoughts and feedback from those house sharing where everyone is WFH.

Currently house sharing with 3 others and we are all Full-Time WFH. Prior to March, we would have all been office based and had busy lives spending minimal time in the house. That has completely flipped now and we all spend the vast majority of our time at the house.

We never really discussed or agreed how to approach WFH. On Day 1 (back in March), one of the lads set-up in the living room and works there during the day but always makes a conscious effort to be logged out and vacate the room by 6pm. None of us have any real objection to this. The rest of us work from desks in our bedrooms.

All things considered, it is working very well but I am nonetheless curious to hear if others have better or different arrangements. Particularly on how the common space is shared?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭Browney7

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Keen to hear thoughts and feedback from those house sharing where everyone is WFH.

Currently house sharing with 3 others and we are all Full-Time WFH. Prior to March, we would have all been office based and had busy lives spending minimal time in the house. That has completely flipped now and we all spend the vast majority of our time at the house.

We never really discussed or agreed how to approach WFH. On Day 1 (back in March), one of the lads set-up in the living room and works there during the day but always makes a conscious effort to be logged out and vacate the room by 6pm. None of us have any real objection to this. The rest of us work from desks in our bedrooms.

All things considered, it is working very well but I am nonetheless curious to hear if others have better or different arrangements. Particularly on how the common space is shared?

All depends on types of jobs and rooms and layout in the house in my opinion. It would seem reasonable that the person in a box room could be accommodated in the common room but if the common area is attached to a kitchen this may create difficulties with people reasonably nipping in and out to make coffee, snacks etc.

It seems like ye have a good thing going at present

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

It is a really difficult situation that so many people now find themselves in. Flatmates will have to show great flexibility and cooperation. If an issue aris3s deal with it by discussion straightaway rather than let it fester. Work in the common area i.e. kitchen/livingroom should halt at regular finishing time 5pm or so. People will need to prepare meals,watch t.v. etc

Advertisement