Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Full HD 1920 x 1080 23" Monitor €186 Delivered

• 13-12-2008 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Ill post this here in case anyone misses this on the bargain request section.

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&cs=iedhs1&sku=184923

I ordered this today for €186 comes with a 3 year warranty, has to be the best value for money monitor at the moment . dell have the following when you go to checkout

Dell™ S2309W 23-Inch Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor - Black

20% off on S2309WFPExpires 29 December 2008- € 51.80
    Holiday Specials! Extra 10% off on thousands of product (exclusions apply) - € 20.72

and free delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

awesome price :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Great looking monitor but it wouldn't be great for watching HD content due to it being only a 23".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Shocking cheap.

I got a Dell flyer in the paper today and they have that model priced at €259.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Any reputable reviews of this monitor? Couldn't find any after a quick google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

I bought this monitor a while back. Absolutely love it. At full resolution my PC struggles to play games but my 360 looks great on it. Very good viewing angles to considering its a TN panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

How would you hook up a xbox 360 to this monitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

mad m wrote: »
    How would you hook up a xbox 360 to this monitor?
    With a VGA HD xbox cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

You could get a DVI to HDMI adapter and connect the 360 via a HDMI cable too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Got one and ordered the speaker kit for it as well another 33 euro odd.

A great bit of kit for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Cheers for this mate, just ordered two of them there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

dubmick wrote: »

try overclockers uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Decent deal, looks like i might have to invest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I cannot find any reviews or tests how good it is for photography processing and/or graphics. Callibration, colour cast, viewing angles, black point...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i seem to recall a thread on these screen in photo forum, theres either really good or really bad ones depending on certain chips used or something, I'd be wary til I got that info myself, in fact I'm going for a gander now as it seems great value for image editing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

someone already posted its a TN monitor ,photography is best on their SIPS type I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Any chance of this working as a normal tv??ie using a sky+ box or is it just a pc monitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Holy crapola, this month just got €186 more expensive!
    Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Any idea of delivery time on this?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    Any chance of this working as a normal tv??ie using a sky+ box or is it just a pc monitor?

I believe TVs have some sort of motion technology lacking in PC monitors. Also the connections on a PC monitor are usually only for VGA, DVI and HDMI... no composite, component or scart usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Do-more wrote: »
    Any idea of delivery time on this?

mine was telling me 22nd or earlier

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Awesome, thanks OP.
    I was going to go with the dabs value for 122 delivered(http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=5CTJ&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=dabs+value+22%22&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0) but this looks is a million times better for an extra 60. Cheers

dingding wrote: »
    Got one and ordered the speaker kit for it as well another 33 euro odd.

A great bit of kit for the price.

Hang on, that's got me thinking.
    There's no built in speakers at all? To get sound coming from the monitor you'd have to buy the speaker add on kit?

jayteecork wrote: »
    To get sound coming from the monitor you'd have to buy the speaker add on kit?

Yes!

Yes!

Damn, that's a bit more cost. Might cancel it now, was planning on using it with xbox 360 as much as anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

lpool2k05 wrote: »

One can used it's big brother (2408WFP) as a TV, it as s-video, ya just need speakers, i used to connect it to my NTL box.

This one only has VGA,DVI, so you need something to connect them..

Ok I ordered the extra soundbar.
    BEWARE, the one they have advertised at the side of the page(http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=520-10703&~lt=popup) is not the correct one and you need to order the "PA" version (http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/PopupProductDetail.aspx?cs=iedhs1&l=en&c=ie&sku=520-10704#Overview)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Nice one Jay!

What are the best bargains on the dell site for computers - not interested in the 50% off dell one but a normal computer! :D

I like the top of the line 730 iirc but stone me the price is a bit rich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

BEWARE, the one they have advertised at the side of the page(http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=520-10703&~lt=popup) is not the correct one and you need to order the "PA" version (http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/PopupProductDetail.aspx?cs=iedhs1&l=en&c=ie&sku=520-10704#Overview)

do you have to get a soundbar or would any speakers work with that monitor?

iggy wrote: »
    do you have to get a soundbar or would any speakers work with that monitor?

No just plug in your speakers into the Line in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No just plug in your speakers into the Line in.

Or the line out if you want sound.:D

Stekelly wrote: »
    Or the line out if you want sound.:D

HA!

What is the difference, why will the suggested one not work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Los like this is now € 233.10 incl Delivery.

Did the original special incl delivery?

Cheers
    7137debd45ae4d0ab9aa953017286b20.gif

• Advertisement

I think when you go to purchase it the discounts are applied.

dingding wrote: »
    What is the difference, why will the suggested one not work?

It's not suggested, it's on the "customers also bought". It said only for use with an ultralight monitor.

I googled just in case and apprently you need the PA version. Better to be safe than sorry.

What are Dell like for returns anyway?

DEll Returns Policy

7.3 Consumers may cancel their Orders for any reason until, but no later than:[/LEFT]
    7.3.1 the end of the 7th "working day" (days other than weekend days & public holidays) after the day of receipt of the Product &/or of the Service Order Confirmation (as applicable); or
    7.3.2 the end of the 7th working day after the date when all such information required by law is supplied.
    7.4 Consumers' right to cancel Software that is supplied on CD, DVD or other similar storage devices is also lost if the Software is unwrapped.
    7.5 On cancellation of Products Consumer is obliged to return the goods to Dell in their original condition, undamaged & at the cost of Consumer. Consumer shall take reasonable care to ensure that the goods are not damaged whilst in transit using means arranged by Consumer.
    Whilst in possession of the goods Consumer shall be under a duty to take reasonable care of them. Dell shall take action against Consumer for goods returned which have been made unfit for resale or damaged whilst in the possession of Consumer.The provisions of Clauses 7.3, 7.4 & 7.5 do not apply to Product or Software that is damaged or defective.On cancellation of the Order Dell will refund the price paid, less the direct cost of recovering the goods (when applicable), within a period.
    of 30 days from date of cancellation

The costs might not be worth it for such a low value item.

Could you provide a link Ding that's pretty much unreadable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

awesome post. was gonna pick up the dabs one too but this is defo worth the extra premium! :D

• Advertisement

Could you provide a link Ding that's pretty much unreadable.

Sorry about that. Fixed it.

BTW Mine has been shipped by interlink.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Damn you OP. Christmas just got €186 more expensive.

Cheers, smashing find :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

is it possible to order this on the UK site at €156?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Ordered one of these 2 days ago, but haven't yet got an order confirmation email.
    Don't want it if it isn't delivered for xmas

mine should be arriving within the hour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Did they ring you to let you know or was the time on the Dell order status screen? Mine has "Your order is currently with the carrier and a detailed status on your delivery should be available shortly."
    Also when did you order it?
    Let us know what you think of it when you get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Let us know what it's like!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Mine just got delivered now, very quick, wont be home till after 7 though to mess around with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

why must you tempt me so? :(

Automan wrote: »
    Did they ring you to let you know or was the time on the Dell order status screen? Mine has "Your order is currently with the carrier and a detailed status on your delivery should be available shortly."
    Also when did you order it?
    Let us know what you think of it when you get it.

DPD ? I think was the name of the courier .. gave me a buzz after 8 this morning to tell me it'd be delivered between 10 and 12 ... arrived at 12:20 :)

My screen had updated on the dell site yesterday to tell me it was with the courier
    Let us know what it's like!

Its shiny ... its very shiny ... its huge not used to 1920x1080 resolution ... have a 1650x1050 22inch benq already but thats been taken for the other machine so I needed something to hook up to my MBP ... I'm thinking its going to take a bit of getting used to this :) as my plan was to use it for work.

Black is a very nice black on it ... I've not configured any settings just yet though apart from just hooking it up asap :)

I've also only looked at an AVI on it I don't have any HD content though I think I'll download a trailer for ST or something from apple :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement