Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Examinations Superintendent

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Teach30 wrote: »
    No why? I often leave things like this for a few weeks. If I don’t have it I can’t spend it and I’ve a few payments coming up so it works out for me. I had genuinely forgot about it though as I have been busy.

It's just that anyone I know who does or has ever done the superintending does it because they need the money and would prefer to have it sooner rather than later.

But seriously though, send it in. I'm sure they can't refuse to pay you but I definitely read something about them wanting you to have the form in within 30days

I had an SEC claim form from June 2018 this year for prep work, called them and was told to submit it,no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's just that anyone I know who does or has ever done the superintending does it because they need the money and would prefer to have it sooner rather than later.

But seriously though, send it in. I'm sure they can't refuse to pay you but I definitely read something about them wanting you to have the form in within 30days

They do so they can batch process a subject and not have outstanding claims for months on end. I'm sure they like to sign off on their end of year accounts promptly. But if you did the work you are entitled to be paid for it no matter when you send in the claim form. A few years back the music teacher I work for forgot to send in her claim form for the practicals (she doesn't place any urgency on these things). She ended up sending it in about 6 weeks before she did the practicals the following year .:pac:

Lots of people do it because they need the money, some don't though, for some it's a lump sum to put into savings, pay for a holiday etc so it doesn't really matter if it's received straight away or two months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

.....just came in!
    (June14)......phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

sandyxxx wrote: »
    I had an SEC claim form from June 2018 this year for prep work, called them and was told to submit it,no problem!

I’m actually embarrassed to say I used to fill this prep claim form in years ago and somewhere along the line completely forgot it even existed. Can’t believe I haven’t been claiming for it!

It’s not something my principal has ever mentioned either. Definitely sending it off when we go back. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

Yea there’s so something there alright about sending it in promptly - they probably hate people like me!

Takes all sorts - I do it to keep myself busy for another month once school has finished up and it’s nice to get a lump sum for a back to school treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

sandyxxx wrote: »

Prep work?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Prep work?

Probably woodwork or metalwork where pieces have to be cut out in advance of practical exam

Probably woodwork or metalwork where pieces have to be cut out in advance of practical exam

Oh ok, I didnt know that existed. Genuine question: Would there be much correction involved in wood/metal over the course of a school year does anyone know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh ok, I didnt know that existed. Genuine question: Would there be much correction involved in wood/metal over the course of a school year does anyone know?

There would be the exam pieces that are checked by a visiting examiner going to the school (this happens in a few other subjects too) and then the exam papers would be marked in the usual way along with other subjects.

Any non-SEC 'correcting' during the school year would be done by the local teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Many get paid yet? I posted my form in 19th June still haven't heard anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

CWF wrote: »
    Many get paid yet? I posted my form in 19th June still haven't heard anything

I was the same so I emailed them yesterday. They said they are just processing forms received that week at the moment and hope to pay the end of next week.

I know a few others who sent forms in after me who have already been paid so that's nonsense but how and ever you should be paid next week.

I was the same so I emailed them yesterday. They said they are just processing forms received that week at the moment and hope to pay the end of next week.

I know a few others who sent forms in after me who have already been paid so that's nonsense but how and ever you should be paid next week.

Thanks for the update. I am still waiting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Could be worse. I did special centre superintendent for an ETB school one year and I was waiting until October. At least the SEC is better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I posted on the 17th of June and got paid on the 2nd of August. Just got the payslip today.

I'm still waiting. Jeez this is the longest ever

Still nothing

[HTML][/HTML]
    CWF wrote: »
    Still nothing

Same here. Bit ridiculous. It does not take this long. At this rate the ones sitting the exams will have their results before we've been paid for handing them the papers!

I emailed them today they said my payslip will be posted and payment will be processed tomorrow. Posted forms June 19th

Finally got paid! Till 2020 guys - have a good year everyone

Advertisement