Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering Rollers

Options
  • 01-04-2021 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need some new rollers for my Dewalt planer thicknesser.

I bought some new ones previously online from the UK but they were rubbish. The coating peeled off on the first use.

I am looking at buying new ones again and have had assurances from a different supplier that the rollers are genuine Dewalt supplied parts.

Before I take the plunge again I looked up the options of having my rollers recovered and saw some discussions about very successful and high quality recovering experiences. These were all US based.

Anyone know if this can be done in Ireland?

Edit: Found a company in Dublin that might do it. Sent them an email.

If anyone has any experience of doing similar I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

edit title to re-cover

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Well I got a cost back on re-covering the rollers.

Perhaps not surprising but it would be cheaper to buy a new planer thicknesser.

I’ll roll the dice again with new rollers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Is this a Dewalt stand alone thicknesser, or a portable one?

Pics...

Advertisement