Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Golf Society 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

lads I will run a car pooling thread next to each outing thread so lads and ladies maybe able to arrange lifts. As I have notice people travelling more or less the same direction at outings and money towards travel costs is always a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

if already answered apologies for asking again... how/when do we pay the €30 join up fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

if already answered apologies for asking again... how/when do we pay the €30 join up fee?

Most people pay it at the first outing they attend of the year alongside the green fee that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Most people pay it at the first outing they attend of the year alongside the green fee that day

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Do you run a PayPal account to pay join up fee as I'd like to pay before 1st outing as if paying with 1st outing it feels an expensive day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭newindublin

E-5
    Alternative to Stroke and Distance for Lost Ball or Ball Out of Bounds

Purpose. When a provisional ball has not been played, significant issues with pace of play can result for a player needing to take stroke-and-distance relief for a ball that is out of bounds or cannot be found. The purpose of this Local Rule is to allow a Committee to provide an extra relief option that allows a player to play on without returning to the location of the previous stroke.

The Local Rule is appropriate for general play where golfers are playing casual rounds or playing their own competitions. The Local Rule is not appropriate for competitions limited to highly skilled players (that is, professional competitions and elite amateur competitions). For guidance on when and how this Local Rule may be used in order for scores to be submitted for handicapping purposes, consult the rules or recommendations contained within the Handicap System operating in the local jurisdiction.

Where a Committee has introduced such a Local Rule for general play, and removes it for competitions, it should ensure that all players are aware of this before play begins.

A Committee may introduce such a Local Rule for all play on the course or only for one or two specific holes where it may be especially useful (for example, where players are unable to see the landing area and therefore may not know whether or not to play a provisional ball).

This option allows the player to drop in a large area between the point where the ball is estimated to have come to rest or gone out of bounds and the edge of the fairway of the hole being played that is not nearer the hole.

The player gets two penalty strokes when using this relief option. This means that the relief is comparable to what could have been achieved if the player had taken stroke-and-distance relief.

This Local Rule cannot be used for an unplayable ball, or for a ball that is known or virtually certain to be in a penalty area.

If a provisional ball is played and neither the original ball nor the provisional ball can be found, then the Local Rule may be applied for the provisional ball that cannot be found.

I am curious to know if the committee for the Boards Golf Society will adopt this rule for competitions or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭davegilly

Any idea what the green fees might be this year as there are a few fairly expensive links on the list!

Fees are announced at start of month for each outing as it depends on numbers, but this year it is averaging out at €40 give or take €5 each one Captains be dearer obviously.

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Do you run a PayPal account to pay join up fee as I'd like to pay before 1st outing as if paying with 1st outing it feels an expensive day

No sorry golfhead. You don't have to pay the full joining fee the first outing, but most do to get it over with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

benny79 wrote: »
    No sorry golfhead. You don't have to pay the full joining fee the first outing, but most do to get it over with.

i think we gave an option to pay in 2 installments.

i don't think it has ever happened though, everyone always pays up front.

take your 30 blips out of the ATM now, and stick it in a glass somewhere. can't be that hard to budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Hi all,
    Would great to be involved this year. Great line-up of courses Captain.
    Do I just PM to be included on the list?
    Thanks.

Seve OB wrote: »
    i think we gave an option to pay in 2 installments.

i don't think it has ever happened though, everyone always pays up front.

take your 30 blips out of the ATM now, and stick it in a glass somewhere. can't be that hard to budget
    No bother, Just wondering...., I might just be able to break out the piggy bank...haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Asimo1

Hi Guys,

Last week I did provide my details to Seve OB and also installed the teamer app and created an account. Just wondering when can we expect updates etc.

Thanks

Asimo1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Last week I did provide my details to Seve OB and also installed the teamer app and created an account. Just wondering when can we expect updates etc.

Thanks

Usually send them out beginning of the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Didn’t get to any outings last year, but this year I hope to get to all of them from April on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

I've set all the new requests up on Teamer now.
    Exception being Kingswood Rover, I've sent you a pm as you didn't give me email or mobile number

Best thing to do folks is download the teamer app and you will get notifications of outings through that

good to see a few ladies back in the society, new faces and old. Where is Poppy gone????

Poppy reporting for golf. Had a great year last year on teams, we won Leinster GUI pennant for mixed foursomes !!!!!

Poppy reporting for golf. Had a great year last year on teams, we won Leinster GUI pennant for mixed foursomes !!!!!

nice one Poppy, well done
    good to see you back amongst the golf nuts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

we won Leinster GUI pennant for mixed foursomes !!!!!

But were you happy? :rolleyes: We'll fix that.

I'm going on a Cul in Teamer

we have loads of newbies, which is great, but to many folk in there who never come to any events. If you are one of them, I may remove you, so let me know if you want to remain or indeed set back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

I'm going on a Cul in Teamer

we have loads of newbies, which is great, but to many folk in there who never come to any events. If you are one of them, I may remove you, so let me know if you want to remain or indeed set back up

Please include me in the list! Thanks!

• Advertisement

Actually, to many to go through

what i'm going to do is send out a teamer notification for next week. obviously no event!!

If you want to stay involved, please accept,
    if you want to leave please decline

any no responses I will review and delete user as appropriate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Actually, to many to go through

what i'm going to do is send out a teamer notification for next week. obviously no event!!

If you want to stay involved, please accept,
    if you want to leave please decline

any no responses I will review and delete user as appropriate

Phew, thanks for the info Seve, was starting to panic that id missed the details of some newly added outing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

i now actually want to play on the 24th!

woodyg wrote: »

Lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

woodyg wrote: »

Sale here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aleynaa

I closed my old account and only rejoined to take part in the golf. I’ve accepted to stay on teamer but it’s in my old username, does that make a difference? Sorry for the confusion.

Aleynaa wrote: »
    I closed my old account and only rejoined to take part in the golf. I’ve accepted to stay on teamer but it’s in my old username, does that make a difference? Sorry for the confusion.

Nope that's fine.
    What's your old name?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aleynaa

Nope that's fine.
    What's your old name?

Oreo123☺️ Still my name on Teamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Is it too late to add for this year??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Is it too late to add for this year??

Never too late to join, even during the year. PM details to Seve

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Never too late to join, even during the year. PM details to Seve

Great stuff. His box is full. Please pm me anything I need to do

Great stuff. His box is full. Please pm me anything I need to do

I'll clear it out over the weekend
    See above for info I need from you by pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Break80

Here we go again. 23rd is just around the corner. Can,t wait for Portmarnock really testing course.
    Anyone want a lift from Cork send me a pm.
    Here we go

I'll clear it out over the weekend
    See above for info I need from you by pm.

Can you drop me a pm when you do??

Can you drop me a pm when you do??

gimme a few mins and i will do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Congrats Benny and best of luck for the year ahead! Hopefully will be able to play a bit more this year, with boards and in general, starting with Portmarnock.

Great list of courses, always wanted to play the European, I remember you raving about it at a previous event.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭athlone99

Best of luck Captain for the year ahead.

Hoping to make a return this year all going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Conorf2019

Hi everyone. Set up on teamer for the year ahead. Some great sounding courses and looking forward to playing a few times this year with ye.

Won't make Portmarnock but hopefully will get freed up soon.

So the race to the jug kicks off in style.
    I've got it all ahead of me after missing out on the first outing.

474146.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Aliasjones

Lads, sounds like good fun, is it too late to join ye? I'm more of a lurker than a poster on here but gonna get membership sorted this week coming and get back playing again after a year out.

No not at all just pm seveob your details name email phone no and handicap if you have one and he'll set you up on teamer and turn up at next outing.. few of us are over playing St Andrews at the minute.

Regards

Benny79

typo benny
    should have been me "seve ob"

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Aliasjones

no worries sent it on to you anyway :)

So the race to the jug kicks off in style.
    I've got it all ahead of me after missing out on the first outing.

474146.jpg
    Any updates on table ?

Golfer of the year table updated after Athy outing

475908.jpg

• Advertisement

when are the European invites going out!

Staying down there after so keen to make sure I get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rainbow Warrior

Any idea of what green fees will be for The European?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Any idea of what green fees will be for The European?

Just in case you didn't see the other thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057969227

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Meant to have a camogie game that day but hopefully fit in both. Been really looking forward to the European

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Guys - do you need a gui handicap to play in the society? I’m only getting back into the game after a hiatus and not yet a member of a club

• Advertisement
Advertisement